Saturday, August 16, 2014

Don't Turn Around

Today was such a splendid day. It was the last day with my closest friends and I enjoyed every minute.

It started out when I met up with everyone at the mall. We all met up at the Starbucks in Target. I got myself an iced tea, ate a banana, and we all set out for Wheaton Mall. 

On the bus, however, one of my friends began complaining about a guy in our friend group: my "father". Love is a crazy thing, isn't it. As much as I care about all of my friends, I try not to get too much into their personal decisions because it is THEIR personal decisions. He made a few stupid decisions. I've known for years that he's a clueless guy. And yes, he does need to learn. But I think my friends take his "stupidity" too seriously. I won't go into details but sometimes, it irks me when they (particularly one), act like they've known this guy for years but really, she's only really gotten to know him since junior year. I'M the one that has known him since freshman year. I'M the one that introduced them to him. I'M the one that knows him better than any of you do. 

He may tell you this and that, but I was there from the beginning. I know his relationship patterns. And I know that he doesn't mean harm in anything he does. He's just f***ng clueless and emotionally f***ed up. So when they say such harsh things about him, I just kind of want to roll my eyes. I love my girlfriends but you guys are all just love struck by some skinny Spanish boy with issues he needs to sort out. 

But anyway, we had that conversation until we got to the mall. Things got more carefree once we actually started shopping. I tried on a cute skirt that I ended up not getting because it was just too expensive and I couldn't justify buying if I wasn't gonna wear it a lot. 

I bought a bunch of jewelry but I didn't get exactly what I wanted, a choker necklace. I got some clothes exchanged and I also got a pair of sandals. But that's it. Every time I considered buying sh**, I thought long and hard about whether I really needed it and I ended up setting it down. I swear, shopping is so freaking expensive. I just can't.

I was really on the mission to get a pair of black sneakers from Target, a pair of black jeans, and a skirt and jean shorts. But I didn't get any of those so hopefully that happens tomorrow but I have SOOOOO much other sh** to get. Gaaaahhhhh!

We ate lunch at the food court (I just ordered fries) and after a little more shopping, we went back home to eat at Silver Diner. It was just a big group of us in the corner of the restaurant eating food we couldn't afford but having a grand ole time. The only regret I have is sitting next to the girl I sat next to. She's such a sweet girl but I didn't invite her for a reason. She's very awkward and she talks about stuff I don't really care about. And she kept spitting in my direction when I talked. I feel bad saying it but I kind of just wanted to be with my CREW. 

My bestest friend didn't come until late so while everyone went off to Target, I hung out with her at Silver Diner and talked. We eventually went shopping for bras and underwear and were planning to go buy shoes from Target but my parents came before we could. But it was nice, nevertheless. She's moving tomorrow so I had to see her before the night ended. 

You know what the theme song of today is?

Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base

I heard the song twice at the mall. And I'm listening to it now on Spotify and it describes this day perfectly.

Don't turn around
'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking
Don't turn around
I don't want you seeing me cry
Just walk away
It's tearing me apart that you're leaving
I'm letting you go
But I won't let you know
I won't let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment