Today was the day of my baptism.
I don't know if I want to go into details. Probably not.
I'll just say that I have warm, fuzzy feeling inside now and I hope it stays. A baptism is supposed to be a transformation, right? I definitely feel a little different.
I kind of wanted to talk about the superficial things in this post so that's where I'm gonna go to.
According to my dad, I'll be either leaving Maryland on Saturday, August 16th in the evening or the morning of August 17th. So that's not very far away and I probably should start packing. But I don't know how to even start.
I have one more week to attempt to hang out with friends but I have no idea how I'll be able to do that. I definitely want to go to the mall on Monday, if I can. I guess I'll bring my siblings along. My grandmother blessed us with money to spend so they can purchase whatever they feel like. I also need to take back some things I got from JCPenney because I didn't like how some of my clothes fit. I also need to buy a backpack, shoes, and some accessories. I also need a pair of black jeans and regular jeans for school. Those are the necessities but we'll see how things turn out.
On Tuesday, I want to take advantage of $5 Tuesday but I'm not sure if I should go with friends or go with my siblings. Another option is going to the zoo with my friends. But we'll see how they feel about that. Maybe if they're cool with that, we can all go on Wednesday.
On Thursday, I'll probably get my hair done. Then, on Friday, I want to have a birthday dinner with my friends.
Nothing I ever plan works out though so we'll see how the week goes.
I just bought my Chemistry book and it ended up being like $60 overall. And I RENTED the book. I'm afraid to see how much my Calculus book would cost but for Calculus, I definitely need the book. I don't think I can survive that class without a book. For my Computer Science class, I'm planning on making copies of the book at the library since that's a thing. The book is actually available at the library. It would've cost me like $15 if I bought is used from Amazon or something. I'm only taking the class once a week so it doesn't really make sense to me to buy an entire book for it.
For my other classes, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I know for my Mosaics class, I'm gonna need a whole bunch of books but since they're all super old, I think I could probably find them online or something. If not, I'll head to the library bookstore or something to see if I can find them there.
Um... so yeah. College!
My friend from church has been avoiding me, I think. I tried to talk to her last week but she rushed out of the church and I tried to talk to her today but I didn't see her. I think she rushed out when I was getting dried up and changed after the baptism. Dang. My last chance is next week and I really hope I get to talk to her.
It's my fault. I forgot to answer one of her texts and I just never answered and maybe she thinks I'm annoyed with her. That's not it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment