Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lord of The Flies

That's the book I'm reading in English. Currently. Gah. I have a lot of Winter Break homework to do. It sucks.

But yeah, I was reading The Lord of the Flies. It's kind of an interesting book except it's continual usage of complicated diction. But other than that, it's okay.

I tried to get two chapters done, Chapter 7 and Chapter 8. And I read something that made me wanna cry, kind of. I've never been a complete animal advocate. And I know this is just a book. But there was a part when the boys went after a pig. They completely slaughtered that poor thing. They ripped its throat and gutted it. The picture it gave me in my mind was devastatingly horrid. And then one of the kids stuck his spear in the pig's anus. Isn't that atrocious?

I felt like I was that pig, being mauled by stupid children. Or maybe I'm feeling like this because it reminds me of something utterly inhumane that I read on the internet. I wish I could take back reading it. I'm not going into details. But I REALLY wish I hadn't read that. Those boys should rot in hell. If there was a hell.

People do some of the sickest, horrible things. Those are the ones I think should be truly published. The ones that seem to feel no empathy for fellow human beings.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment