Today was the best day ever. I got an extra hour of sleep and my Calculus test was postponed until tomorrow. And I wasn't given too much homework which makes up for all the shiz I had to do yesterday.
Lots of things happened. On Friday, we had class night which was a bunch of funs. It's really not my kind of scene... It was a lot of yelling, loud noise, dancing... Blah, blah, blah. I was hungry and tired and so I left early. But of course, I left before the real good stuff happened. I'll post a video later.
Then on Saturday, I was invited to this Anti-Spring Fling bowling thing. My two other friends and I plus a bunch of other kids that went to our school headed down to Sakura to eat and then we went bowling which was right next door. It was actually pretty fun. I didn't really care about Spring Fling in the first place. I honestly would've just slept that night away. But instead, I socialized and that's good too.
I got a 79 on the Buffers Test, the hardest Chem test of the year. It really wasn't that hard. And I would've had at least a 90 if my dumb chem teacher didn't give me 10 points off this one question that I got "wrong". I got 7.46 and apparently the answer was like 7.06. I wanted to flip the desk over. Then I got a point off for wrong significant figures. I got 0.03 when the answer was actually 0.028. So yeah, I'm just gonna believe I got an A for my own sanity and happiness.
I checked my grade on the Physics test and I got an 84 after curving. Yes, my Physics teacher, who never curves grade, had to curve this test because we did THAT bad. She only curved it by 4 points so I previously had an 80 so I'm kinda proud of myself. I swear it was only God because I knew I had no idea what I was doing when I took that test. I think God did it to make up for that ugly 79 I got in Chem. I haven't gotten a C in Chem since 1st quarter and that grade was a 79 too. I haven't had less than an A since the middle of 2nd quarter. My grade did go down by a few points so I have a 93 so that made me kind of sad. I also have a 93 in World History which is totally unacceptable. (I sound so stupid. OH MAH GAHD. I GOT A 93 INSTEAD OF A 100 IN AP CHEM! MERP!)
What else... what else...
Did I tell you we're reading Of Mice and Men in English? Or we were... Yeah. I finished that book in like a week. It was so short but it was really good. I enjoyed it. And now we have to write an abridged skit on the book which was what I working on before I started writing this post. After this post, I need to start studying for Calc. But I won't do that. Instead, I'll write another post!
Spring Break is in 2 days so I need to get ready for a paramount of homework.
I NEVER TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT MY SAT SCORE!
Well, I got a 1950. Yep. Whoop di doo. I improved. It was such a bitter sweet realization when I calculated my score. I was like, "Hey. I improved." But I didn't get that over 2000 that I wanted. And then I kept hearing about all these other people who got over 2000 and I wanted to flip desks over. Da fuq.
With my score, I am set to go to the University of Maryland so that's good, I guess. But I don't think I wanna go there. I sent my scores to UMD, UPenn, Johns Hopkins, and Duke University. Of course, I didn't make the average SAT scores for Duke nor UPenn. I was actually 30 points off of the lowest on the average scale for Duke for each section on the SAT. It's about the same with UPenn, 20-30 points. For Johns Hopkins, I'm at the absolute minimum for Critical Reading and Writing. I am 10 points off for Math.
Eh. The feeling of failure! I should've chosen some other schools. Anyway, I'm gonna take it again in like June. If I keep improving like I have been, I'll be at a 2000 by that time
It's funny because in 10th grade, I got a 169 on the PSAT which is basically a 1690 on the SAT. Then I took the PSAT again in 11th grade and got a 176 which is like a 1760. Then I took a practice SAT and got a 1860. And on the SAT, I got a 1950. So yeah... 2000 is on the way.
Other than that, I'm also applying for NHS which is a much harder process than I thought. My GPA was well above a 3.5 (According to my calculations, I currently have a 3.87) It was the NHS 72 hour-requirement that was hard. I had to fake some hours and I would've been set if I had gotten my Tennis hours signed but I had to give it to my brother and apparently, the tennis coach from my old school wasn't there anymore and it was just too complicated to do. I ended up running around school today, even going to school 30 minutes earlier than usual, to get things signed. I end up finding out that the extended the date to tomorrow. So I can get one more thing signed which is great.
I'll be off now.
Peace & Mice & Men.
No comments:
Post a Comment