Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Don't Know What To Think.

Man, this school is something.

I already had to carry around two books on the first day of school and I had REAL homework, in Pre-Calculus. Can you believe that? Homework?! On the first day of school?! And the teacher goes WAY too fast for me. I think I'm gonna fail this class. I don't fully understand anything and we're only on the Prerequisites. I totally  regret everything that got me in this class. Sike. I don't totally regret it. But I'm mad.

Um... what else? So yeah... the first day of school was yesterday. And I was planning to blog yesterday, when everything was fresh, but I had Pre-Calculus homework which I did not understand at all and I spent the whole night trying to figure it out. And then I realized that I had like 40 problems to do when I actually was only supposed to do every three problems. So that required more erasing and yeah. I was so overwhelmed last night. I just wanted it all disappear so I could go to sleep.

Ugh, that was HORRIBLE. But my homework today is way better. I actually understand everything since it's about inequalities which is the easiest thing ever. Okay, not ever. But it's way better and I'm not done with it. I just have to study for a quiz which is tomorrow. Man, why couldn't the earthquake happen during first period?

Wait, did you just hear me say earthquake?

Yeah, I'll explain later.

Anyway, I hate the idea of math in the morning. I had that in 7th grade and it wasn't my best year.

Okay, so on the first day of school, I wore the v-neck t-shirt that said I <3 Fashion with Rocawear skinny jeans and converse and I'm so glad I wore that instead of skirt. It was comfortable and still looked good. The only problem was that my skinny jeans kept slipping down. I don't know why but jeans never seem to fit perfectly for me. It's definitely my big butt and my legs. A size 5 is tight on my butt and the upper half of my legs but fits good at my waist. A size 7, fits perfectly on my legs, but it's too big for my waist.

I don't know. They should make a size 6 or something. 

At my bus stop, there are two other dudes that I've never seen before in the neighborhood. They were WHITE kids. You hardly ever see white kids around my area anymore. They were very friendly and said hi to me and introduced themselves and stuff. So that was pretty cool. The only problem I have is that the bus stop is a long walk from my house. It's not SUPER long but I don't think I wanna walk about two blocks to the bus stop on a hot day with a huge book bag and extra books in my arm.

Especially when they pass by my street and I can't do anything about it. And the most embarrassing thing happened today. My dad came out of the car and shouted at the bus driver about why he doesn't drop me off nearer to my house, as if it was him that chose the stops. And there was a bus full of kids watching inside. It was so freaking embarrassing.

So yeah, I came into the school and went to the homeroom they assigned everyone by last name so we could get our schedules. And I met a girl that my family knows from Ngwa, where my parents are from, and we often see the girl and her family at the Ngwa parties and convention and stuff. And then today, she was transferred to my Pre-Calculus class.

After homeroom, I went to my first class Pre-Calculus. And I was SO late to that class. It was embarrassing. I stood there in the back of the class since it seemed as if there were no other chairs. And the teacher is one of those people who pretends that they can't see anything because she's too preoccupied with talking. I hate that. And then I realized that there was an available seat hidden by surrounding upperclassmen with their big bodies and backpacks.

Of course, the teacher decides to make us learn and assigns us books. I'm glad that it's not a huge book. But I brought it today thinking that I would need it, but then I realized that we didn't have to. Which was dumb of me.

Err, what else?

Oh yeah, when we were getting up to get our books and I sat back down, I saw this girl that I knew from back in the day. She was sitting in front of me, in fact, and I had no idea. We are all connected by this teacher that went to my middle school. [Ms. Laidlow] I was really hoping to meet her too. I had no idea she was gonna be in my class since she is a senior. She's actually supposed to be a junior but she skipped a grade. Now that I think about it, I totally wouldn't mind being a senior, excluding the SATs and looking for colleges part.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you why I was late. Since we went to homeroom class, I got mixed up and thought that the next class was 2nd period instead of 1st period. So I went to English and saw peoples that I had class with back in 7th grade. And then the teacher comes to the front of the room and is like, "Okay, are all of you guys sure you're in the right class?" And so I look down at my schedule and realize I'm in my 2nd period class.

I was so humiliated as I walked out of the classroom.

Yeah, then I went back to 2nd period after 1st period and realized that I had a class with one of my very close friends which was very exciting. And I realized that I do have English Honors, which is excellent. The teacher is very nice. She seems like one of those teachers who are nice but when they need to get mean, they get mean. Which is fine and reasonable to me. We went over her class expectations and stuff and had a few laughs before leaving.

My 3rd period was Technology and I had no idea what to expect. The way the teacher talked was kind of witchy (w/ a b). But she ended up being really cool. She used to do Engineering and I like how she's actually planning on teaching us, unlike my last Tech teacher. I got confused while looking for the class though since the room was locked. Another boy who was also looking for the class was there. And then he talked to me first and he asked a teacher for me, where the room was. And then while we walked, he shook my hand and introduced himself. He thought I was a freshmen and I told him I was a sophomore. And when he told me he was a sophomore, I was surprised. I thought he was a junior. But it was all good. He wasn't too bad looking either. And he's white.

But yeah, we did a little group project where we had to list 10 expectations we had for this class and the girls I was sitting with were totally friendly and funny and easy to talk to. Which I wasn't expecting. Everyone is very easy to talk to here.

After Technology, I had Spanish. I had no idea what to expect from that class either since I wasn't too excited to take Spanish. And after the first class, I decided that I didn't like the class. It wasn't the teacher. Actually, she reminds me of my Algebra 2/Trig teacher. She seems pretty nice. But it's kinda annoying how she's always talking in Spanish. It's particularly funny because she's black. But yeah, it's not the teacher, it's the students.

Most of the class is composed of freshmen (not particularly honors freshmen) and a lot of them are soo immature. That's why I like being in classes with other kids who are my age or older or at least honors kids. And I don't think I wanna learn Spanish. Well, at least at the time, I didn't. I'm more opened to it now. The only reason why I took Spanish was because I know I'll actually use it. But it seems as if all the cool people are in the other language classes. If they had German, I would definitely take that class. Italian, Japanese, and even French would be better than this. It seems as if all the interesting people take interesting languages.

Spanish is for people who don't know what else to do and who don't feel like doing any work. That's why so many Spanish people take Spanish.

And my German class was small, which I liked. I so badly wished they had German here. Plus, I liked the look on my friends' face when I told them that. Man, I miss my old friends so much now that I'm thinking about it.

After Spanish, I had Lunch. I couldn't pay attention in Spanish because I had to pee SO bad. So I peed before Lunch. I was scared that I was gonna have to eat in a table by myself but when I was waiting in line for  lunch, my close friend from 8th grade tapped me on the shoulder and we said our hi's and stuff. And then I skipped in front of another friend and we talked while we were in the line. And we just connected as if hadn't not seen each other for a whole year. And I ate lunch with them.

After Lunch, I had Chemistry and made a total fool of myself. First of all, I was late since it took forever to get out of the crowd of people that were standing outside the cafeteria. And when I got to class, the teacher was pointing somewhere. And I thought he wanted me to go to a different room. But noo. And they were all exclaiming to me where to look and when I finally found it, I spent like a full 5 minutes looking at the sheet for where I was supposed to sit. I didn't realize that it was separated by Period. And when I finally found my name, I asked the teacher where "5" is since that's the number I found next to my name. It had nothing to do with where I sat. And then I counted wrong and sat in the wrong seat and when I finally got to my seat, the teacher was looking at us, telling us he's disappointed in us. That there should be no excuse why we should be late for class and it looks bad on us.

The class is soo quiet though. When the teacher says something "funny", everyone just stays quiet. He seems like he can be a mean teacher. Which I expected he was. But he's not that bad. He says a lot of interesting things. I'm not sure if it's because I think I may like Chemistry or what. But the class can be boring though. It's not lively like my other honors classes.

After Chemistry, I have Government Honors. I'm supposed to have AP Government, but I really don't want it since my teacher is amazingly funny. But I also want AP because I wanna be valedictorian when I get out of high school and I want to get a full scholarship and I don't think you can do that with just honors Government. I'm also supposed to have AP Chemistry. [And I have to do a Science Fair Project that's due September 1st and I'm hating this school for it.] But yeah, the teacher is so funny. And we found out that we don't have to take a state assessment for Government. [We have to take four tests like these and pass them in order to graduate, I have two of them done so far.] It cost too much money to have a Government test. But my teacher said that meant that they were probably gonna come up with a new one next year. But at least I only have to focus on my English test.

That class was outside in the temps.

After that, I had Computer Graphics and it's not what I expected it to be but I think I'm excited. There's a lot of people in that class which is surprising. And I know no one. The class is mostly about art and we're gonna get to use Photoshop and stuff. Which is so exciting. I don't even care if I don't make any friends in this class. But yeah, we need to bring a sketchbook and markers and crayons and stuff. It's like I'm taking art. I was seriously expecting stuff like Power Point but nah... It's fine with me.

Then school was over. But I like how classes are only 45 minutes long. It's all very quick. But it's also a burden because we have 8 classes every single day. It's not like in my last school where you had four classes a day and had two days to do homework. I guess you have some you leave some.

My bus was super late but I found someone to stand with as I waited. My very close friend from 8th grade. And I saw another one of my close friends. It was all very awesome.

Okay, so let's get on with the EARTHQUAKE.

Yes, there was an earthquake. In my state. Today. Yes.

I was in my Government class when it happened. The temp began rocking back and forth and everyone was confused. I seriously thought it was just someone walking on the bride that connects the temp to other temps and to the ground. Kids began looking outside the window because we thought some students were shaking the temp and there were kids outside. And that's what kids do. Foolish stuff.

And then the temp began to shake harder and that's when everyone got scared. A voice came on to the speaker and was like, "Everyone please get out of the building, we're having an earthquake." And everyone bolted from their desks and left. Including me. That's when I remember that I left my bookbag and foolish me went back inside to get it. My teacher probably thought I was crazy. But lots of kids left their stuff. I wonder how they're gonna get it back without it getting stolen since we never went back.

First we stood out on the parking lot and then we were told to go down to the track field. And it was stinky and smelly and wet and muddy over there. And it was blazing hot. I think I was baking out there. It was horrible. And they wouldn't let us go under the trees. We were all locked inside the track field/football field.

I found all my friends and got to see my Toast.

We were totally jealous of all the people that brought umbrellas to block out the sun. I wonder why they had umbrellas in the first place. It never rained yesterday or today. But still... My phone wouldn't work and I was trying to call my friends from Parkdale, I tried to call my parents, nothing.

Only my friend's phone worked and she had a Cricket phone. Can you believe that?

After waiting in the sun for like 30 minutes. Me and my friend waited even longer for the bus and I met so many Nigerian people. I've never been around so many Nigerians around my age. Just speaking Igbo around me which is crazy. I've always wanted to experience that. But when you see them all cluttered together, they're all so dark with their light shirts. They look like smores or something. And I found out my friend had the same love for white boys that I do. I told her that was the main reason I wanted to come to that school.

Ha ha. Pretend I never said that.

And yeah... my friend got onto a bus and I was waiting there for another 20 minutes for my stupid bus. It sucks that it comes so late.

Woah. This is so long. I guess that's it. The only thing that I don't like about this school is how crowded the school gets and the lack of skater boys. I'm sure there's some but I haven't seen them yet. I wanna know them. But the hallways get so crowded. You're seriously breathing down people's necks and movement is SO slow. Your shoes are knocking on to others and you can only move inches. Parkdale wasn't like that. The hallways got crowded but not crowded enough for you not even being able to move. I need to learn the shortcuts one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment