Let's just say that the "picnic" was much less of a picnic and more of a walk around the town, talking, and not really doing anything.
On the night before the picnic, everyone seemed to bail and basically, out of all our friends, only five of us could only hang out on Monday. So I called off all the plans I had of going to the park, ordering pizza, bringing music, and having a water gun fight. I figured we would just go to a fast food restaurant and eat and walk around.
On the day of Monday, I rushed to catch a shuttle so that I could get to school exactly at 1 pm (our agreed meet-up time) to see everyone. I got to school at exactly 1 pm and ended up waiting around for almost 40 minutes, waiting for people. One friend couldn't come, one was still at home getting ready, and two were still waiting for a bus. Eventually, I met up with one friend and we ended up going over to some restaurants because she was looking to apply for jobs.
We went to Wendy's and a friend met up with us. We then ventured out to Chevy's for another job application. Then we went to IHOP for another job application. Then, we decided to go to Subway just to chill and talk. One friend met up with us there and it was already almost 3.
We sat there just talking and gossiping and discussing the latest drama of our friend group: my "father" finally broke up with his girlfriend (who was another friend of mine). And it was a big hooplah that I don't really want to get into. Basically, everything that I had feared would happen when they first got together was beginning to happen. For one, we can't plan anything with them both together because they're not speaking with each other. Second, we have to keep our mouths shut or be careful when we speak of the other person.
And I guess one of my friends began to fall for my "father" and even though she won't fully admit it, it's totally obvious. But what happened was that my "father" was already pursuing another girl. And my friend is livid about it because of all she had done helping him with his relationship. I mean, it annoys me that he is already looking for another girl after he had JUST got out of a relationship. But it doesn't get me mad to the point that I almost want to cry.
I don't wanna deal with that sh*t. I just want to have a good summer.
But I still had a good time, nevertheless.
On Tuesday, we decided to all go to D.C. Of course, nothing ever goes as planned with our group of friends. We had planned to meet-up at the station at 10:00 am but people wanted to change it to 11:00 because no one wants to wake up that early.
![]() |
| Me looking ratchet as he** already at the bus stop. My hair is in a bun because it was so hot and I also missed the shuttle I was going to take to stop by at the mall. |
It was a chill ride there and we got off at Gallery Place. We first got ourselves some food and my friend recommended this crepe place. I wanted a sweet crepe but I ended up choosing a savory one. I got an egg, cheese, and spinach crepe but I was apprehensive as to how it would taste but it ended up being magically delicious.
![]() |
| I already ate like 60% of it. Ugh. Can this just appear in front of me right now? |
Actually no it's not. The only macaroon place in a 50-mile-radius from our home town and the one day we're there and this lady isn't selling macaroons. WHAT? Ugh.
After getting crepes, we walked into Chinatown (which wasn't as magical as I thought it was) so that we could find a Chinese food restaurant for one of my friends.
But seriously, I thought Chinatown would look like some cool Chinese marketplace but it just looked like any other part of downtown D.C. except a lot more Asian restaurants.
After we got food, we walked into this Chinese gift shop and it had some cute stuff. Some stuff were really tacky though. I fell in love with this piece that you can hang and it was really ornate and Asian looking and beautiful and I wanted it for my dorm. But I was running on $40 and I didn't have the cash for 10-dollar nick-nacks.
After that, we ventured out into the city and we decided to go to the big Forever 21 and the H&M that's in the area. It was a few blocks from where we were (the Verizon Center), but it was so freakin' hot and there was very little shade that we had to power walk.
We stopped after awhile to take shade in front of the Art Museum building and decided to take a dramatic picture.
![]() |
| We're cool as shit. |
We begin walking again and he drops his CD player once again. I watched as my friends picked everything up and I just waited. Then, I made sure we walked several steps away so in case he drops his crap again, we wouldn't have to be in the position to help him. I'm a bitch. I know.
So we finally get to Forever 21. I forgot to tell you who I was with. Well, there was four girls and one guy and I feel so bad that the guy was there because first of all, he didn't really know all of us that well. Second, we were doing completely girly things like going to stores and trying stuff on.
I had fun though. I can't fade. But I wish he hadn't been there because I felt kind of sorry that he had to deal with our feminine stuff.
So here's us at Forever 21.
![]() |
| Here is us at Forever 21. My friend looks incredibly beautiful here while I look like shit and the other just looks completely lost as usual. |
At Forever 21, I bought some rings and sunglasses.
Then, we went to H&M but I didn't take any pictures there. There was a huge sale going on but I didn't really see anything that popped out to me. The thing with me is that when I don't have money, nothing ever looks appealing. When I do have money, I hate having too many options. It's the struggle.
After that, we decided to head to McDonalds to get something to drink. We passed this beautiful water fountain thing and I wish we had gotten to hang out there more. But we were running out of time. I wish I had taken pictures too but oh well.
As we got closer to McDonalds, we passed a candy shop and of course, we had to go in. I wasn't really feeling like eating any candy but I mean, it's a candy shop! Everything was just so attractive looking.
My friend went crazy on the candy though and ended up spending $30 on just candy. $30!!!
As my friend was getting on a sugar high, I decided to walk with another friend to McDonalds so we could get something to DRANK because it was hella hot and I didn't have the patience to wait for my other friend to buy candy.
So I've been to Gallery Place once before and I don't know if I had chronicled that experience in my blog posts. But it was two summers ago when I was doing my internship at a law firm. I went with a group of girls in my summer program. We had a bunch of fun and I think we went on a Friday or something because there were a bunch of people on the streets but very obviously tourists and business/working people. So everyone (or mostly everyone) looked respectable and classy.
But when I went on Monday, there were SOO many ghetto people. Like, there were boys just hanging out outside of the McDonalds with their shirts off doing nothing. And the McDonalds itself was even ghetto-er. I was just shocked.
But I got myself a mocha frappe even though I wanted caramel. And I drank that in mere seconds. Then we all went Urban Outfitters which remains my most hated and favorite store.
The clothes are great. The prices are hideous. And they have a whole lot of cool, overpriced sh** that gets you excited in seconds and depressed within seconds.
They were playing some sweet African music and I was tempted to ask the store clerks what artist they were playing but I didn't want to seem soo African amongst my friends so I contained myself. But I have some regrets because it was so good that I wanted to start dancing there.
Here's some pictures of us being dumb at UO.
![]() |
| We bought friendship bracelets. The cheapest thing they had at UO. |
So yeahh. After that, we went to Forever21 so that my friend could buy a plaid shirt and that was the end of our day. Some other drama happened but otherwise, it was such a pleasant day and I enjoyed every minute. I'll re-cap the rest on another post.
















No comments:
Post a Comment