I could say it more sentimental than that but that's not my style. Since the guy that fixes things in our house wouldn't leave, I didn't get to get out of my room for awhile. So I stayed in my bed lying down and I missed out on celebrating MJ's legacy. It's June 26th. Not June 25th. But that's okay. Thanks to Blogger, I can post this at whatever time I want.
So right now, I'm listening to Michael Jackson's music and it's all good. It's 1 AM in the morning and I have my internship tomorrow but it's all good.
![]() |
| Rest In Peace, Beautiful. |
But yeah, the kids in the National Space Club (I think that's what it's called) were split into two. Of course, I was not in the group with the attractive boys. It's a curse. But it was whatever. We got on a bus and this lady basically explained NASA Goddard and the campus and stuff.
We saw the James Webb Telescope being built in a clean room and I thought that was pretty cool. It's going to be humongous and I really want to see it get launched. That will be in 2018 in France, I think. Hopefully, it's after I graduate because I'm definitely getting a ticket out there to see it.
And we saw satellites getting built. It was interesting even though I didn't understand half of the terms being said. After the tour, we saw something called Space on Spheres, which was basically a presentation that we watched on a big globe-shaped screen. It was nice but of course, I'm still sleeping too late at night so I nodded off a few time.
After that, we ate pizza and I talk to new people. They were actually really cool. One girl is going to MIT next year and I can't handle life anymore. People here are going great places and I feel like I have to justify why I'm going to Temple but I refrain myself.
I then caught a ride with a girl I've been talking to and her father to a building where we were supposed to watch a mandatory meeting on poster presentations. Every NASA high school/college intern was in the room. On a screen were the kids at sites in Virginia and etc. A South-Asian college student sat next to me and he began talking to me. He goes to UPenn and he was really nice. I thought he was kinda cute too and I wanted to talk to him more after the presentation but things got screwed with signing off our names for attendance. And things were chaos. I'll probably never see him again. Oh well.
The speaker was great but I was so tired and I wanted to just sleep. I actually can't believe I'm doing another one of these poster presentation things right after I just finished stressing over one just a few months prior. I didn't think I would have to encounter such things once again.
After that, I took the Goddard Taxi to the Main Gate. It was after 3:00 and there was no point going back to my building since I merely had an hour left so I decided to go home. Thank the Lord, I was able to catch the UMD Shuttle and I didn't pay a dime for transportation that day. I've gotten really lucky these past three days in terms of transportation.
I complained about paying $3.60 to get home but I paid less than that in the past three days by taking the county bus and an a incidence where the bus driver let me pay only $1.05 of the bus fare. So let's see what tomorrow brings.
I went to 7-Eleven and got mini tacos which were 4 for $1 and the lady blessed me with 5. I can't tell you how ecstatic I was when I got home.
Wow, I can't believe it's only been three days at my internship though. It feels like it's gone by fast.
I think I mentioned it before but I'm planning on going to the Training Center to see if I can get some material on learning how to code or something. Then, I have to finish another training thing on SATERN.
I'll also like to mention that there's been two guys of interest so far in my program. One was probably the first fellow intern I saw when I first stepped onto the Visitor's Center on the first day. He wore sunglasses, a blue button down, and khakis. He's a bit hefty and looks like a rugby player or something but I think he's cute but he has some weird mannerisms. Like, I feel like if I got to know him, he would be really cocky or something and so I'm just training myself not to care about him.
The other one is absolutely beautiful but I've never talked to him. He seems like one of those guys that are really clique-y. Like he wouldn't talk to anyone outside of his established group so I would probably never talk to him. I almost had the chance to talk to him today. There was a guy who was taking a group of people from the center to the building where the poster presentation was supposed to be and I was going to go with the new people I talked to. Then, the guy comes with a boy I know from school and they're trying to get a ride. But then, there's 5 of us and then the one who's giving the ride breaks my heart and says he can only take four people. So I decided to just opt out.
*sigh*
It's okay though. I didn't come to this internship for boys. I need to chill.
Buh-Bye.

No comments:
Post a Comment