I forgot to mention this in my other posts but there really wasn't any room to mention it in my other posts. But it's pretty major, at least to me.
Last week, we got our pictures from graduation sent to our e-mails. It was basically the one snapshot that was taken of us right after we got off the stage with our fake diplomas.
I open the e-mail, scroll to find my picture, and find my greasy faced, NHS banner askewed, but otherwise decent-looking self amongst the pictures. And then I glance to the left of my image and there, slightly blurred but the clearest face in the picture other than mines, my ultimate crush, The Guy!
He has a grin on his face and it looks like he's looking toward me. His eyes are too pixelated for me to be sure but I'm 80% sure he's looking at me. And now I think he is out to truly ruin my life. Not only did he try to sit near me at Grad Night, but he permanently placed himself in my life forever by showing himself in my GRADUATION picture. Seriously, though? All I wanted to do was graduate so I can finally forget this guy and then this happens.
And here's the picture. It will be the only picture I'll ever post of him.
He's probably not looking over at me. I really can't tell for sure. But seriously, how weird is that?
Are these signs or am I overeacting?
Probably. Yep, I definitely can't wait to move into college in a completely different state.
So today was my second day of my internship and it went pretty swell. But oh my gosh. The struggle is real. All those weeks of staying up until 4 am and getting up at 12 pm have really gotten to me. Getting up early isn't the problem. My insomnia, or whatever it should be called, only allows me to sleep for three hour intervals at most so I was naturally awake by 6:30 am. But then, I take my second sleep at like 8:00 or 9:00 and don't get out of bed until 11 or 12.
So naturally, once I got to my office, I took a sweet 45 minute nap at the table since there wasn't anything else I was doing. Later, I went out to a library orientation where I chatted up a girl I had met a day before. Ugh. The orientation was SOO boring but we got our first paycheck and that made me happy.
After the orientation, a lot of us went down to the cafeteria for lunch and since I only had five dollars, I skipped out on the buffet and got a bar and chips. Soo healthy. I ate that at my table in my make-shift office and scrolled on forums on my phone until a tech guy came to fix my computer. Within minutes, I was at my computer and things were good. I still hadn't seen my mentor and it was already 1 PM. I had essentially been by myself. I actually could've came in at 12 PM and no one would've given a sh**.
But I used the time to start on mandatory security training. I actually fell asleep in the middle of doing that and I honestly wonder if anyone has ever walked in on me with my eyes closed in a deep nap. It's the second day of doing this and it's probably bad. Thank God my actual mentor was out for the summer.
My mentor, Tracy, who I've already established isn't my REAL mentor, came and just told me that I had another training I had to do. Then he left to his own building/office. And I was left to do the rest of the training until the phone rang. I answered it and there was a call from some building to have us check for mold. I gave the message to one of the other people working in my building and I went on a field trip to see an actual INSPECTION.
Such coolness. Much interesting.
But seriously, it was cool. The person I went with was a woman named Sylvia, who is a contractor. And she was really chill and nice and funny. I got candy and lots of laughs. That was basically the highlight of my day.
At the end of my day, I called a taxi to get to the Main Gate and everything went pretty smoothly but I really can't really justify spending $3.60 in bus fare to get home. Soo annoying. Maybe I can negotiate leaving an hour early to catch the shuttle home ;). It's not like anyone would know if I didn't say anything.
I slept on all the buses I took to take home. And I ate and slept once I got home. And now I'll be up until 4 am once again.
Tomorrow, we're going on a tour so that's different. I'm going to have to be more social and stuff. I heard it was gonna be hella hot so I desperately want to wear a dress but it's a dress my dad doesn't approve of. It's not even that short. It's flowy. It's what people wear in the summer!
I'm considering wearing pants to leave the house and then changing later. I'm NOT walking in the heat in pants and shirts with sleeves. It was enough of a struggle today and I sweated my make-up. I was really trying to control my oil production today. I blotted my face so much that I wiped off most of my make-up by the end of the day. Tomorrow, I won't even bother with putting foundation on. I wish I had one of those non-oily, even, clear faces. Sometimes, I really just want to go on Accutane so that it can just destroy my oil glands. An ashy face is so much easier to deal with than a constantly oily face.
Tomorrow, I hopefully get to chat it up with new people. A lot of these kids have serious connections. They're all a bunch of nerds, no doubt about that, but some have parents that are scientists/engineers and it's probably a big reason why they were able to get internships. It's funny.
Not to mention that some of the guys are cute in a nerdy way.
So yah. That's it.
Bye.

No comments:
Post a Comment