Friday, June 13, 2014

The Top of the List.

I should take a shower. Really. And clean my room. It's filthy. And the bath tub. It's so gross.

But I'm here, laying on my unmade bed, on the computer as usual.

Next week is our One-Week-Of-Fun Week and I guess we're kicking it off with a picnic. I'm not sure how fun that will be. I really need to call people either today or this weekend to arrange things. Like, I don't know who is bringing what. And I really want to have a huge water-gun fight. There will possibly be music. I have a CD player but I don't know what people would want to listen to, you know?

Then, we're going to Six Flags. I already told my parents and they're cool with it. So that's good. They don't know that I want to go to DC the following day though.

Then, I'll probably hang with friends on the following two days and do some DIYs.

Things have been super chill though. I did some work for a friend of my mom's about Fela Kuti. And I've really just been sleeping all day. That's it. My skin is beginning to show my neglect. Like, I haven't watched my face in more than 12 hours.

Today, we're going to a surprise birthday party for my dad's boss. He gave me $25 for my graduation which is nice... So far, I've gotten $250 in graduation money which is hella nice. There's so many things I want to buy. I'm being bombarded by all these e-mails from websites about sales. Gahh. I can't wait to get a debit card so I can finally buy things I like.

My internship begins in less than two weeks though and I need a good outfit for the first day. The attire is business casual and from what I hear, the rules change as you get more acquainted with the internship. But for the first day, I need to look presentable. Since it's summer, I really don't want to be in clothes that would make me all sweaty and uncomfortable. I'll most likely opt for a dress. But I don't wanna go too overboard and wear something too professional. Maybe a modest sundress and a blazer.

I want to wear flats for the first day because of all the walking but I also want to wear heels... I'll figure it out.

I still need a bathing suit...

I think I've mentioned this before. Maybe not. I haven't really updated you guys in awhile but I've finished my English placement test finally! I've set up my orientation date which will be on July 10th to the 11th. My internship will still be going on then but that's okay.

Also, I got the results of my placement test and I get to place out of English!!!!!!!! This surprised me soo much because I honestly took this test with the intention of getting into the English 0802 class which is basically the basic English class. It's either you get that class or 0701, which means you can't write for sh** or you're a ESL kid. On Facebook, I was seeing posts from kids who placed out and whole time, I was just like, "No one f***ing cares you bragging ho", knowing that I'd probably never be on that level. Like my AP Lit writing was complete trash and I even know that. I just wanted to write well enough to put be in the basic English class and just get over this stupid placement test so that I could finally pick my orientation date.

But then, I got the fateful e-mail and was blessed with not even having to take English. Thank God Almighty for this school. I'm glad I picked a school where I'm actually at the top of the list, you know. I even got an e-mail today notifying me about this Scholars Program that I am eligible for since I got into the College of Science and Technology. Too bad I'm switching to the College of Health Professions. But College of Science and Technology sounds soo much better. Like, I'm considering just doing Pre-Pharmacy just so I can be with all the other dorks and dweebs. But it's whatever.

I'm really considering minoring in some type of Media or Technology field. It's really about time I tell my parents that I don't want to do Pre-Med. I'll probably tell them after my first year in college. I'll get straight As so that they don't question my decision. And then, they'll just have to understand.

I really think I have things figured out. I'll do Pre-HIM. Take the GRE and the test to become a registered health information administrator. Then, I'll start working as an HIM, most likely in D.C., and work my way through graduate school as an independent woman. Then, I'll enroll into a Ph.D program in like Georgetown University and get a doctorate in Health Administration. I'll be doing what I want to do and making the money my parents want to see. I'll have the "Doctor" in my name and all will be well.

I really need to sort out what exactly will I be doing with my free time in college. I'm really thinking about doing some kind of dancing. Maybe I'll try-out for cheerleading...

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

But no seriously. I just want to do something completely different. I'll probably volunteer at a soup kitchen because that honestly seems fun. And do something else... I don't know. I never really thought of those things until now.

So I HAVE TO take a shower now. My skin feels so raw. It's gross. There's this shirt I'm wearing that would've been perfect to wear to the birthday party but I slept in it and idk if that's okay. Is it?

I'm hungry. As usual. I want food. As usual.

Soo. Bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment