Sunday, February 27, 2011

Book Report I Made In 7th Grade

I'm cleaning out the memory on my computer so I'm just posting out my memories.


MOD 2B/A5                                                                                                       October 2, 2008
Book Report
Book Title: Flipped        
Book Author: Wendelin Van Draanen
Rating:  (4 ½) 
Characters: Bryce Loski, Juli or Julianna Baker

Ever since 2nd grade when Bryce Loski moved in to the neighborhood, Juli Baker has always been crazily in love with him. She fell in love with his “shiny black hair and blue eyes.” But Bryce has always thought that Juli was really annoying and thought he had to be nice to her because she gave him the answers to questions at school. Bryce went out with a girl named Shelly Stalls to make Juli leave him alone. Juli “strongly disliked” Shelly Stalls and attacked her one day. Bryce and Shelly broke up eventually and Juli kept bothering Bryce. For example, she would sniff him but she later revealed that she woulld sniff his hair because it smelled like watermelon. When Bryce would go to the bus stop, Juli would climb up the sycamore tree nearby and wait until the bus came. One day, trucks and men came with axes and saws to cut down the tree while Juli was still in it. Juli tried to get Bryce and the other kids on her bus stop to climb up the tree with her but they didn’t. The men ended up cutting down the tree and Juli became depressed for a few weeks. Then, Juli decided to hatch eggs for a science experiment and ended up raising chickens in her backyard. When her chickens hatched eggs, Juli would give them away or sell them to her neighbors. Her backyard was known to be really dirty so Bryce’s parents weren’t sure if they should eat the eggs or not. Bryce would throw away the eggs once Juli gave him them and after 2 years, Juli finds out. Bryce told her why and Juli decides to work on cleaning up the mess in her yard with the help of Bryce’s grandfather. Juli also realizes that Bryce isn’t what she thought he was and decides to stop wasting her time on him. Bryce later falls in love with Juli and tries to kiss her but Juli rejects him and Bryce becomes a joke at the whole school. Two of the most prettiest girls in school like him but Bryce falls in love with Juli. Juli doesn’t speak to him for a long time until Bryce plants a small sycamore tree in Juli’s backyard. Juli decides that maybe Bryce is a changed person and develops a little crush on him again.

I give this book a 4 ½ because I really like how they gave the story in two people’s point of view, a boy and a girl. I recommend this book to middle school kids, both boys and girls.

Have I told you guys that I even watched the movie? That Callan McAullife guy, the one who plays Bryce, is cute in the movie. But I can't see why he's blonde with brown eyes when Bryce had black hair and blue eyes. And Callan is Australian. ALSO, the movie takes place during the 50 or 60s when the book took place at a more recent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment