Sunday, February 27, 2011

Martha Washington Open House

It's so weird calling it Martha Washington High School when it's actually called ... something else. I don't think I should reveal too much. I don't want anyone hunting me down and chiz. But I bet anyone could put the puzzle pieces together and find out my Facebook even. I'm even gonna help you out.

I'm black, specifically Nigerian-American.
I'm a freshmen in high school. Do the math. Guess my age.
I'm not skinny.
I don't think I'm that pretty. (This is a major clue if you're looking for at my profile image. It would be hella photoshopped.)
I live on the East Coast. No where near Florida, and no where near Maine if that narrows it down.
I'm not gonna tell you my first name but it's around this blog somewhere.
Oh and the nickname of the high school I want to go to is the same name of a flower. This is a hard clue unless you lived around where I did. :)

But I'm not gonna totally immediately reveal myself so for now, the school I'm going to is Wash. And the school I attend now is Picnic.

Well, they had open house yesterday. I had to miss church for the SECOND time. My parents came with and I totally went there thinking this was just for 9th graders going to 10th grade. But then the woman who was MCing was like, "Who out there is a sophomore (meaning 9th grader going to 10th grader)?" And from where I was sitting, I didn't see anyone raise their hand. I raised mines a little. I think there was a few people in the back maybe but still... It was humiliating.

I was the only 9th grader in the tour group I was in. The rest of them were weeny 8th graders except that some of them could've been mistaken for someone my age.

But the students at Wash seem so awesome. It's so ethnically diverse. (Note: There was this Picnic Survey sheet that we had to fill out one time about how we like Picnic High and I wrote the same thing. I was totally wrong compared to Martha Washington.) Like, I've never seen so many white people in my life. Ha ha. Sike. I've been to Virginia.

And there were Asians and all these different races. Whereas in Picnic, most everyone you cross is either Spanish or Black with the occasional Asian or White person. I've never seen so many beautiful Asian dudes. I've always been one for liking all races. I mean, I'm black. But God made so many different colors so why should I stick with one?

During the tour, the girl took us to a Biology class and there were these two dudes that were explaining the class and everything and being in Science and Tech. One was a freshmen and the other was a sophomore. The sophomore was some kind of Asian (the oriental looking kind) and had nice skin and his hair was freakin' awesome. I wanted to shout out loud that I'm not some loser 8th grader. I'M ONE OF THEM! But I didn't. My parents were there, remember?

And there were so many electives to choose from. I would've never thought to sign up for Drama. But after that little presentation, I'm SOLD. And their were so many languages. I'm torn between Italian, Japanese, and Spanish (only because I know I'll actually use that language). I have a feeling my parents are gonna make me do French though. They both learned French. The only unappealing elective was JROTC. The kids looked like they were suffering and that the sergeant was forcing them to say nice stuff about their group.

And I hear there's a web graphics class which I'm totally gonna do if I can. My friend wants me to do cooking. I was totally gonna do cooking in Picnic. But it's like, there's so much other stuff. Since I've already done my required Personal Fitness and I'm currently doing my Health, by sophomore year, I'll have 3 free electives.

I wanna do one music elective. I wanna learn piano but I also have this little attachment to violin. The Martha Washington orchestra teacher is trying to make me get in to orchestra. I told him I sucked though. But he still wants me to join it.

And I need to get my classes done before March something. I forget.

Have I mentioned their was a math placement test? Well since I'm in Algebra 2/Trig, I don't think I have to take it! SWEET MAMA! But I might still have to study for it anyways. :/ Jeez. I'm scared about it because my friend who got into the program failed the test and she had to stay back in Geometry. I don't mind staying back in Algebra 2/Trig to tell you the truth. I just don't wanna go back to Geometry. Plus, that means I'll be taking Pre-Calc next year. Are you listening to me? PRE-CALC! It's like Calculus only it's PRE. Calculus sounds hard as chiz. I don't even know what it is. But just looking at the name! And there's an option that I could take it during the summer. Yeah... sounds interesting but it's a no go for me.

I'm not ruining my summer with math. Puh-leez.

Hmm. I think I've been typing for a long while.

OH! I'm really loving this song called Lights by Ellie Goulding. So check that chiz out.

And a cartoon that's totally speaks to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment