Today I was thinking about some things. I'm gonna take us to sixth grade.
There's this boy that I knew from elementary school. His name is Junior. It's what everyone calls him but it's not his real name. I'm not going further.
Yeah, he transferred to my elementary school in 2nd grade. He's Spanish and he had long hair at the time. Not long long hair but I think it was like at his shoulders. And all the girls liked him. And he was no doubt cute. He has dimples and a baby face. But he wasn't in the same class as me. And I was a 2nd grader and really didn't have a strong care for boys. You really didn't have a strong attention span for boys back in 2nd grade. We were all about the Cheetah girls, you know.
Anyway, I remember by 6th grade, he was known as the guy who's gone out with almost all the girls in 6th grade. Note: Almost all the girls. Not me, if you were wondering. I was an ugly kid anyway. There's a bunch of girls in the same club so I wasn't bothered by it. I didn't like Junior like that anyway. He wasn't very smart, he wasn't in any of my classes. He was just a cute kid and once you've known a kid for four years, you grow immune to his presence.
On the last days of 6th grade, when everyone went to Northbay, this freakin' awesome camp, he asked if I could carry his baby lotion in my bag and I let him. But I forgot to give him his baby lotion back. And by the time I remembered, school had already ended and there really wasn't any point so I used it.
Which also brings me to this time in 8th grade, during the ends of the school year, when he asked if I could carry his phone for him. And I remember also holding a PSP. I'm not sure if it was his or someone else's. Anyway, he was gonna play soccer with some other dudes. And I was there too. More than half of all the 8th graders had gotten to go to their high school for orientation. And the others who didn't live in the boundaries had to wait at school so a lot of us decided to just hang in the gym.
Which brings me to point that he seems to trust me with his chiz.
This kid isn't a big part of my life. I just realized something recently that's why I'm giving you all this meaningless history.
Okay, so we went to the same middle school and it's not like we got any closer. [Never did.] He gained weight and started having small moobs. We were in totally different parts of the middle school world. I was in the honors classes, he was upstairs in the normal 7th grade classes. I remember having no classes upstairs EVER in that school since all the honors classes were on the first floor and so I got this sense of rebellion whenever I went upstairs with my friends. Then we'd just hang there for a little while before I went by myself down to my smart classes. The upstairs world was a totally different world from where I was.
Back to Junior. Anyway, he lost the weight once 9th grade started. He grew, his voice deepened. He got cuter. But he was still on another part of the world from me. And I didn't care for him. But I started to notice that he started getting more flirty. And this didn't mean anything to me last year because everyone knew Junior as the flirt. I mean, he went out with almost everyone in 6th grade. A few times, he'd do little tricks towards me. You know how guys are. They'll take your stuff and try to make you fight for it. They'll give you a silly smirk. I remember one time, I was trying to go to my locker and he kept bothering me, and undoing the lock.
And I was getting frustrated because I was already late. And then this other dude came and tried to get him away from me which was sweet. But then I realized the locker was jammed and Junior stayed to help me unjam it but it never got unjammed. But it was sweet of him for staying. And that was a moment that went away from my mind.
On the very last day of school, my bus driver finally found out that I was transferring to another school and Junior acted all surprised about it. I was already at my bus stop and it was too late for any hugs good bye except for my best friend. But he said bye to me on my way down the steps.
Which was weird if you considered our friendship which was kinda non-existent.
And now I'm starting to wonder if he found me remotely attractive. That would've been cool if he did. Or maybe I'm just getting a head of myself. That would totally boost my self-confidence especially since he never paid attention to me before high school. And he's like one of those popular hot guys and having someone like that pay attention to someone like me is super crazy. It's not like I'd wanna go out with him. Like, I said, we're from different worlds. He's not my type. He's too... much, I guess.
But it's nice to think about it. At least I'm not hideous, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment