Today was a hectic week. I was knocked out when I came home from school.
So Science Fair was two days ago and that was some crazy. I wasn't too happy with my outfit, I wore a black blazer and this black and purple dress that I thought kinda made me look pregnant. It was okay but everyone (or a lot of people) were wearing those body con skirts that with half a centimeter of their butts and lace tights. Something that I started back in middle school. [Seriously, I started the whole patterned, lace tights thing.]
But other than that, it was okay.... Everybody wanted to leave. But truthfully, I didn't mind being there. I was off from class. The only problem was that I totally forgot deodorant and it was pretty warm in the gym where it was held. And there was a whole bunch of people and ugh... But luckily I didn't have any huge sweat stains and I didn't smell.
I was stuttering a lot with the judges but I made sure to make eye contact and to laugh at all their jokes and smile and stuff. The judges weren't too bad. And it also helped that I had a partner who could talk relatively really good. So that helped SO much.
I was so surprised how relatively mediocre the other boards looked. Don't get me wrong, there were some really REALLY good ones. But it wasn't as much as I thought. I thought all the boards were gonna look OUTSTANDING. But it wasn't. Most were decent and okay. But not anything that I couldn't do.
And I also realized that the judges really don't go off how good your board looks. They go off how good your project is. Like my friend, Toast, her board really wasn't the best looking board there and me and my other friend were going on it a little saying, "Oh well the edges are a little crooked but it's okay." The concept or the design was a good idea but I didn't think it was executed the best. I didn't even take the time to actually read it though. (I went back to it later and off course, my Toasty did a project on heating cupcakes with solar power or something)
But yeah, Toast went on to the second round of the judging and got Honorable Mention in her category. Me and my friend was soo proud of her. But I was a little bummed that my project didn't get a ranking or anything. And that bumness went stronger when I went to the Science Fair assembly at the end of the day and they announced the first, second, third, and honorable mentions for each category.
First of all, I came late so I didn't get to sit with my friends. I had to sit on the floor in the back. (I could've sat in the balconies and in a chair but I chose not to.) But yeah, you see all these people walking up on stage, getting handed awards and I felt bad seeing people in my class and stuff, people you wouldn't even expect, getting these awards. And I'm just sitting there like, what am I even doing with my life? Why the heck am I even here if I'm not gonna get an award?
So I leave the Science Fair feeling down and go to TLC, this Christian club at my school. Which brings me to another topic. There's this new boy there and he's so freakin' cute. I haven't seen his face close up but from what I've seen, it's so sweet. I couldn't stop glancing at it. But I already know he's a freshmen. But you wouldn't really know it just by looking because he's pretty tall. But at the same time, he does seem a little younger and then I heard his voice too which gave it away a little. But I don't care, he's still cute.
And then I saw him helping put the chairs away. I don't know about you but a guy who's helpful just makes him 60% cuter no matter who it is.
So me and my friend were using her phone texting to communicate and she was like, "The dude a few seats next to me was really cute." The guy was Asian, had a piercing, and dressed really nice. He was cute. So I decided to tell her my person of interest. And she was like, "You read my mind."
After the TLC meeting, she was like, "Look at us looking at boys when we should be taking about God."
It was pretty funny.
Then my friend got the "great idea" to invite her deaf friend (that she has a terrible crush on) to TLC except since he's deaf, he's gonna need an interpreter. So we saw my friend D who was partially deaf but wears a hearing aid so she's practically a hearing person now. But she knows sign language so we asked D if she could ask her teachers if they could ask my friend's crush if he could come to TLC. When we went, the teachers were on the floor, moving their bodies to a yoga video. It was pretty awkward but kinda cool. (Remember yoga, okay?)
After that, me and my friend decided to go see the Science Fair boards since they were on display after school. And I knew I was gonna be waiting for my parents for awhile so I might as well keep myself busy. We went to my science board because of reasons and we saw a white bow on it. I'm looking at my friends like, what the heck does that mean? My friends were all freakin' out because they know someone who won something at the Science Fair. Me, I was so confused. I didn't even know that I won something. I didn't know what the white badge meant but I thought it was Honorable Mention. We went to the lady who was sitting in the front and asked her. She said it was 3rd place. My jaw dropped. I was soo psyched but confused at the same time.
The lady explained that because my category, Biochemistry, was small, I didn't have a second round to go to.
I was also confused because I didn't hear my name at the Science Fair assembly. But at the same time, I wasn't really paying much attention because I didn't expect my name to be called. I texted my partner immediately after.
I really wanted my badge. Which I still haven't gotten because my teacher has been acting weird and not coming to school. But at least I know I'm not an idiot. At least I know I'm on top. Or somewhere near there.
I stayed after school yesterday because of a "Tennis Interest Meeting". More like take some papers and get out. So me and my friend went to the Temp for the "Interest Meeting" where the guy was kinda stuck up about it. And he was like, "Take the papers off the desk. If you don't have any questions, get out."
I'm very iffy about the Tennis thing now. First of all, there's only 20 positions. You have to be really good to get those positions. I don't mind not getting a position. But I thought it was gonna be like my old school where anyone could play. And if you weren't that good, you played the games that didn't count. But here, you have to try out and they're gonna drill you and stuff. It said that to prepare, you should practice, and do a one mile run.
I'm REALLY hoping they don't make us run too much if I decide to do Tennis. But I do like the sport. I know I'm not superb at it. But really, I just wanna play.
Ugh... Well, I'll still do it. But I lost the tennis papers so I'm gonna have to somehow find new ones.
Since we stayed after school for nothing, me and my friend decided that we could go to the yoga thing that we saw. Actually, my friend wanted to do the yoga thing. My pants were tight and I really needed my inhaler so I did NOT want to do any yoga that day. I'm definitely getting sick btw.
Luckily, because we didn't have the right clothes, we weren't allowed to do any exercise that day. But the ladies, who were deaf teachers, were like, we had to commit and come Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And they do fat burning exercise and stuff. It sounds like something I need. To lose weight, you know.
My friend D does it and she asked me if I really was gonna come. And I said it was a definite possibility. But she said that they signed a lot to each other. I said, it was fine. I had my friend along and we could all learn sign language and stuff.
Since we couldn't do the sign language thing again, we went roaming the halls again and saw the National Society for Black Engineers club. I knew we had to pay $5 to be in the club so I was afraid to come in. But we did anyway. And we got busy, helping them make a board that was gonna be at the front entrance at the school. They cut out pictures of black scientists, engineers, and technologists. I was surprised that I could recognize and recall the names of some of the people because of when I was in Black Saga.
But with all these clubs, that means I'd hardly get to come home anymore. On Mondays, I'm gonna be going to this Girls Club. On Tuesdays, I'll have yoga. On Wednesdays, I'll have TLC. On Thursday, I'll have either yoga or NESB. Friday, would be my only day off. And if I make it to Tennis, I'll only have Tennis to go to. All week.

No comments:
Post a Comment