Friday, September 24, 2010

Upperclassmen Girls, Pretty Girls, and Dead Squirrels

Earlier this week, something totally stupid happened. We were on the afternoon bus, on our way home. Everyone's all chill, you know. I saw this girl walk on the bus that I've never really noticed before. She looked white and had pretty blue eyes. She was older though. Like a Junior. But our bus is FULL of freshmen. No joke. Most all the older kids sit in the back. And I don't turn around to look at the back. So I never gave a chiz. In my mind, I was thinking, "Oh, she looks really nice."

So, we were halfway to my bus stop. [I'm the first bus stop by the way.]
And out of nowhere, "WHO THE F*** THREW A F***ING PAPER BALL AT ME?!"
The whole bus goes silent and looks toward the back. I'm pretty short so I couldn't really see the mouth of the girl who was talking. But I saw her blue eyes and her eyebrows were bouncing angrily. She sounded so freakin' ghetto. Like, why the heck does everyone sound ghetto at my school? I figured she wasn't white. White people don't go off over a paper ball. Probably El Salvadorean. Lots of El Salvadoreans look white if you haven't noticed.

"I'M NOT F***ING PLAYING! I'M GONNA GO SLAP A B****!" or something like that. I told you. I am not good at recalling what people said.

The innocent freshmen girl that threw it spoke up.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I was trying to hit the guy next you." she said. I thought it was over so I went back to looking out the window. But no. I was so wrong.

"I DON'T GIVE A F***! YOU F***ING FRESHMEN NEED TO HAVE BETTER AIM!" and blah blah blah and something something something something. I can't remember.

In my mind I was thinking. What the heck is wrong with that chick? She's going off over a stupid paper ball. It's understandable if someone through a freakin' Barbie doll at the back of her head. But no. A paper ball that probably just tapped her on the shoulder. I heard her mumbling [more like rambling a little too loudly] about stupid freshmen to some guy.

This brings me to point of, why the heck do upperclassmen girls have major issues with freshmen? And why aren't guys afraid of girls who need major anger management? Is it because she's pretty? I'm just saying. A girl like that would scare me. But no. It's these same girls who get so much attention. Get to go out with all these different guys and what not. They don't even try. It's not like they're nice or funny or anything. They just be.

Not-as-attractive-looking girls actually have to try. Like me. I'm not a crazy, loud, outgoing girl. If I don't have anything to say, then I don't say anything at all. My life isn't that crazy so sometimes there's nothing to talk about. I try not to be boring but it's so hard to strike a conversation when you don't have anything to talk about. My other friend, let's call her Jackie. She makes guy friends SO easily. She's already pretty. So she doesn't even have to try too hard. But the boyfriend that she has now, they don't even talk about anything. Before they got together, all they did was poke and touch each other. And now they're going out. I know there was some other deeper stuff behind it but still. I'm gonna type more about this relationship right after actually.

When I was coming back from school, I can't remember if it was this week or last week, I noticed a dead squirrel on the road. There were flies swarming all over it. And it was in such a sad position. It's body was laying on it's side with it's arms and legs pointing one way. His eyes were closed. He was abnormally flat.

It was such a sad sad sight, such a cold cold night.* But no seriously, how could this happen? Did the person deliberately run over this squirrel? Like some crazy drunk college kid. [It could happen. I live near the university so there's a whole bunch of college kids living around here.] Or did the stupid squirrel have no sense of reasoning and jumped onto the road just about when the car was coming? Squirrels do that. You'd think that they'd have some sense and stay off the road. I mean, that's what TREES were made for. So you can climb on them. Plus, all your food is up there. And you'd think that they'd have seen enough squirrels getting ran over. Come. On. You got no business frolicking up on the street.

And this brings me to the question: Who's job is it to take the dead squirrels off the street? I was walking to the bus stop the day after and I realized it wasn't there. Some of the squirrel guts and rotted skin was still left but other than that, the squirrel was gone. Did some random civilian pick it up? The garbage men? God?
Do squirrels go to heaven? They don't necessarily do anything wrong. And they don't go coming into your house uninvited like those doggone flies and ants and those other bugs and critters. God put you outside for a reason. So STAY OUTSIDE! You'll eventually die of starvation or get squashed to death. Pick one.

This brings me to the question (well not really, but I was thinking of it anyway): You know how all animals grow old and die? Where do they go die? Like squirrels and birds. What do the old squirrels and birds do? Where are they? Do their sons and daughters put them in nursing homes like humans do to their geezers? And when they die, do they get buried or what? Seriously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment