Thursday, April 12, 2012

And You Call Yourself A Christian?

Okay, first of all, I know I'm a sinner. And that I'm in NO position to call out anyone for the stuff they do wrong when I'm not even perfect myself and I'm probably no better a Christian then the girl I'm about to talk about. But I just really needed to let this out because it bothered me a lot.

So I was in Spanish class and this guy in my class revealed that he was an atheist the day before. I wasn't in the conversation but I was near the conversation. And I was a little surprised by it. So I listened in. And he was giving these reasons why God may not exist and stuff. And I could relate to some of the things he said. But at the same time, I could counteract the things he said too. But I didn't want to join the conversation because when you talk about religion, things never really go too well. So the people in the conversation are moderately ghetto people, you know. They can be loud and stuff but they don't annoy me that much. Well, all the other kids were all in disbelief trying to figure out how the heck he doesn't believe in anything and telling him he's gonna go to hell which I thought was funny because the guy doesn't even believe in it so...

I don't know. I just thought a lot of things the people in the conversation were saying were very ignorant. And the guy who was an atheist was mentioning how in church, people are always screaming and jumping and everything seems so fake to him. And I could understand him a lot. I wanted to tell him that not all churches are that way. But I was like NAH. I don't even talk to the guy.

I guess they carried on the religion conversation today. And the girl was saying how she drinks, does weed, claps (which is a type of booty dance around here) and all this dumb stuff and as long as she repents, it doesn't even matter. She said that she was going to heaven no matter what the heck people say. Note that this was the clean version of what she said. There were several curse words sprinkled in.

I thought that was the most ignorant I've ever heard. Is that what Christianity is about? Do you think you can just do whatever you want because there's someone up there and you say you believe in Him? Does that even make sense?

And this is why a lot of people turn to atheism because they see all these fake people who go to church, who act all religious and such, but once they leave, they go back to their bad ways. I do the same thing too. But it's not like I'm proud of it. And I know it's not okay. But I didn't know people actually thought it was. It just shows how many ignorant people there are in this world. People just follow religions because we've been told to. They believe everything they hear.

And there's nothing wrong in believing in God. Because yes, God is real. But people need to learn for themselves and not just go off of what they hear. And no, you can't make your own rules. You can't curse, drink, smoke, and act reckless because you can repent afterward. That's not a real Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment