Tuesday, April 15, 2014

College Confessions :S

After days on days of waiting, I've finally received my roommates.

I signed up for Temple's Honors LLC and I guess I was entirely confused by the process. I got approved for the LLC days ago and I kept logging into the page where we were supposed to register for rooms. I didn't know if I was supposed to assign myself to a room or if I was going to be automatically assigned a room. So yesterday, I found one vacant spot in 1300 and I thought that was supposed to be mines. So I assigned myself to that room and quickly searched up who my roommates were gonna be: one South Asian girl and one white girl. And I thought that was how it was gonna be.

I log on this morning and see that my room and my roommates were changed. But it's funny because even though the roommates changed, I still got one South Asian girl and one white girl. Funny... Neither of them are on Temple's Class of 2018 Facebook group so I had to do a little more snooping. And I definitely found the South Asian girl. I'm 90% sure I found the white girl. They are both pretty, the South Asian one is too pretty actually. And neither of them are fat like me.

I want to give it a day or two before I try to get in contact with them and I'm going to tell my parents about it too.

I hope these girls are sweet but they really don't seem like girls who head bang to heavy music. Judging from my glimpses at their Facebook pages, I probably wouldn't be able to go to an Incubus or Silversun Pickups concert with them or anything. But hopefully, we have other interests in common. I think I'm supposed to be getting one other roommate but I'm not sure. We'll see how it all turns out.

Now, I just need to do my placement tests. The math one seems relatively easy. I mean, I just need to brush up on my logarithms and maybe a little trigonometry but all the algebra is pretty basic if the review sheet is true to the actual test. I'll print it out eventually today.

I was supposed to go to the movies today with friends but that didn't work out so I guess I have no excuse not to do my homework... Ugh. This spring break is going to be a sucky one. I just want to lie in bed and listen to music all day. But my grandmother came home from Nigeria and that means there's no having that.

So now I'm hiding out in my parents' room in the dark using my mother's laptop. And it's raining!

I swear, EVERY SINGLE TIME MY FRIENDS AND I PLAN SOMETHING, IT RAINS! Except jokes on the sky, we didn't actually go out today so NYAH!

LOL. The sky got angry and is throwing buckets of water on the window.

We celebrated my dad's birthday yesterday and I still didn't get the headphones I wanted to get him. Gah. Maybe on Christmas.

Looking at how much money my parents have to spend for college is actually insane. My room is $4056... per semester. And my meal plan is $1600 and that's just for a 12-meal-a-week plan which I'm bumping up to 15 because I did the math and I don't think I can survive eating only two meals on the weekdays and 1 meal on the weekends. I could probably work with that actually...

Maybe I'll skip out on breakfast during the weekdays and only eat breakfast on the weekends. And then, skip out on dinner on Fridays and just order out. Then, eat lunch and dinner out on Saturdays and Sundays. I'll have TV dinners and whatnot in my fridge and buy salads or whatever from delis. I think I could actually make a 12-meal plan work. I'll also lose weight because I can't binge on food.

We'll see. I'll talk to my parents when they get home.

Planning my college life is so much more fun than thinking about senior year. Why is senior year so freakin' stressful? Ugh.

I can't wait to go to Philadelphia and explore the city. I can't wait to study in the libraries. I can't wait to be around people all my own age.

But I'm also afraid of getting myself f***ed up in college. I was reading collegefessions and there are so many nasty people in college. That page is basically 80% sex confessions and I read the nastiest things about both girls and guys. I'm sure the page skews my idea of the behaviors of the average college student. Like, there's no way in God's world can college student be a secret slut or pervert. But it's still worrying. It's like, if you don't put out, people think negatively of you. But then again, if you do put out, people STILL think negatively of you.

And I just came to the conclusion that I'm not gonna do drugs, drink alcohol, or have sex in college because there's way too many risks. I'd rather be seen as the stuck-up good girl than the fun party girl who has an STD or may or may not become pregnant. I already have to think about passing my classes. I don't wanna have to think about how the he** I'm gonna raise a baby.

I thought I would try drinking a little in college (with just my roommates) but now I don't feel safe doing that because of all the crazy roommate stories I've read. One of my roommates may have some vendetta against me because I like to listen to music a little too loud at night and then, roofie my drink and send me off with the guys living in the dorm next door. Hell nahh. I'm not risking it.

I probably won't try even a glass of wine until my 21st birthday and I'll try it with my parents around.

But even though I'm promising myself not to experiment in college, I'm definitely gonna check out the party scene. Even though I'm shy, I do like to dance in the privacy of my room and hopefully, I'll break out of my shell by college time.

So yeah... That's it.

Byee.

No comments:

Post a Comment