Thursday, December 9, 2010

So... This Is How It Feels To Be... BAD.

I got ALC yesterday. Don't tell me what that stands for. People say In School Suspension but don't ask me how In. School. Suspension. is synonymous with ALC because it doesn't make sense to me.


OKAY. Just went on UrbanDictionary.com and I found out that it means Alternative Learning Center. It makes it sound like I'm going to a class for special people. And by special I mean "mentally disfigured". Which is kinda true if you had seen some of the kids that were there. 

So what happened was, I was in my first period class doing my U.S. History work like a good student. 

*picture me, looking down at my desk, writing some educated response*

Then some dude comes in asking for Almond Joy Airhead. I got a little happy inside even though I had no idea what they were calling me for. The dude that sits next to me was like, "Ooh, I told you not to f*** that boy in the stairway that day." My friend Aqua was like, "Who did you kill this time?"

My U.S. History teacher who was totally clueless was all pouty and stuff. She told me to look on the blog for  the U.S. History homework.

I totally thought I was going somewhere to be recognized for my honorable achievements or something. I soon realized this wasn't the case when I realized that the kids he was taking out from classes all look like semi-delinquents. And it was all confirmed when I saw him holding my detention paper.

You see, I got detention after getting caught in the Hall Sweep after my Biology teacher went and locked the door so I couldn't get in. I filled out the detention sheet and everything. But I never went. 

All my friends were like, "Oh. They won't track you down." "Don't go." "You shoulda ran when you got Hall Sweep." 

I totally regretted filling out the detention sheet. I should've just wrote down a fake name and fake ID number. They didn't even check my ID so it wasn't like I would've got caught in the act.

I was so blown when the dude lead us outside and into a temp. [Those little buildings that they have outside the main building of a school.] It was so humiliating. I sat down and I just wanted to cry. I would've been okay if the administrators weren't shouting so loud back and forth across the room. It made me angrier and angrier. They finally got their voices down and one of the administrator dudes told us to get a Parkdale Yellow Booklet and start writing four pages of rules and regulations and stuff. It was HORRIBLE. My hand hurt after two periods of writing. You couldn't leave until you finished writing all of it. So I skipped over a few paragraphs and shortened some. I was supposed to have a full day of ALC where I had to also do three essays and lunch duty. But the administrator who knew of this had left. So I got away with just two periods of ALC.

By that time, half of third period was already finished. I had no idea how I was gonna explain to my Algebra 2 and Trig teacher how come I was late to her class. But she saw me while I was on my way to ALC and figured that I was on my way to do something honorable. She was so wrong. I was contemplating whether or not I should just skip her class but I had no idea where to go.

But I saw my guidance counselor on my way to her class and decided I should go talk to her. I just talked to her about the test I was gonna take to get into Martha Washington. And that took up more time. When I left, my guidance counselor gave me a late pass. That was God for sure. But when I finally went back to class, my Algebra 2 teacher didn't even ask for it so I could've used that late pass for something important!

But yeah... That just blew me that I, Almond Joy, could've gotten ALC. I hope that doesn't go on my permanent record or something. That would totally blow my chances of getting into Martha Washington. And I already had 3 Bs on my report card. But then my 8th grade marks would make up for that.

Anyway, I talked to Tony later that day. It was only for a little while. He actually acknowledged my presence. Victoria and Kate Lynn where talking to him outside the cafeteria. I went up to them and then he waved at me. And I waved back. =) Then Victoria and Kate Lynn were starting stuff about being pregnant. Tony added in that he was pregnant. So I was like, "Oh, so you're pregnant too?" 

"Yep!" he said. "With twins!" That was so cute.

That was like three or four days ago. I haven't talked to him since. But I've been seeing him around. I just haven't had the opportunity to actually go up to him. I would seem like I was trying to hard if I just went up to him and was like, "HI TONY!" It would seem so obvious.

What else...?

Oh, I saw Jeopardy tonight. I had it on but I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was trying to get my Algebra homework done and my earphones on, blasting music. But now I can say I'm officially insane for Johnny Depp because I didn't look up at that TV until there was a question about Mad Hatter and #2 Sexiest Man Alive. I straight-up knew the answer to that one. I knew it had to be a sign. Probably God did to make up for me having to miss Johnny Depp on David Letterman Show late some nights before.

Oh my gosh. I just checked on my grades and I have a freaking C in Personal Fitness. There's no way that's going up since the grades are going in tomorrow. Gosh. And I have a C in U.S. History. I understand because she didn't see the homework I turned in so I'm gonna tell her tomorrow. But ugh.

See what school is doing to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment