Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sawa Sawa Sawale!



I didn't realize how much work I had to do this evening until just now. I am so screwed. But whatever. I wanna write this out before I get to work.

HSA English was yesterday and I realized I didn't even talk about it.

First of all, as my friend pointed out and I had totally expected, the class was 80% African. LOL. Yes. Because the testing rooms are in alphabetical order and most African people (or at least Nigerians, I think) have last names that begin in N or O and my room was Ns, Os, and Ps. So I thought that was funny. It was especially funny because there were a bunch of people that were late and it made me think of the stereotype of how Africans are always late to everything. In fact, there were two empty seats next to me and I found out they  both were Africans. Super hilarious.

The stupid thing was that they passed out scrap paper and a pencil for us to use on the test. Note: This is a computerized test. Also note: This is English. The scrap paper was put to good use and I used it to draw masterpieces of legs and bodies and faces while I waited for the session to be over. There was this kid in the fat left of me who kept finishing the tests like 10 minutes into it. He was one of those smart-a** Africans. He was also this dude my friend had been crushing on. My friend told me he wasn't the best looking guy. What happened was, I look over his direction and I accidentally caught his eye and it was so awkward that I didn't look back there again. I mean, from what I saw, he wasn't that bad looking. But I wouldn't know.

But my other friend, who was also there, thought the guy was drop dead gorgeous. So I guess he was something. 

I noticed I was sitting next to all Science and Tech students, except for my one friend of course. You need to realize that this class was practically 80% African. 

So after the test, we were sent to the gym to eat lunch where they were serving pizza and drinks and stuff. I had my money in my back so I went with my friend out to get it. My friends were being such douches and were waiting for some other girl to get out of testing. By the time we got to the gym, all the food was gone. :|

So I agreed to skip 6th period to go to the cafeteria and buy something. I got a snack and then my friend somehow lied our ways out of the cafeteria and snuck into the auditorium where they were having this drama performance. It's funny because another girl came in a few minutes after the show started and sat right beside her. Some administrator went up to her and asked her where she came from, why she was so late, what class she was supposed to be in. I was so afraid because we were skipping class in there and I had no idea how we could even lie our way out of it. The girl that sat beside us got in trouble and was escorted out. 

That was the first time I've ever skipped a class in that school, I think. Wait, no. Never mind. But I had been doing really good though compared to last year.

Today, my friend asked if I wanted to go to an elementary school and do service hours. I was like sure, because I wanted to stay after school today so that I could go to the mall and buy a couple of things anyway (I never ended up buying them). I took one of my friend's buses to the elementary school and that bus was straight up all Spanish and African immigrants. Okay, maybe not all but a lot. I was surprised the bus driver let me in. Anyway, there was this girl that was sitting in the seat in front of me and I swear she was high. She had to be. There's no other excuse.

She was singing Sawa Sawa Sawale like an off-key drunk man. I was so ashamed to be African at that moment. This bus was practically quiet except for the sound of her voice. And this girl started from once she got on that bus until she got off. I was already tired and she was just... Ugh. But at the same time, it was kind of funny. And she was pretty much doing what I sometimes wish I could do if I had the guts... Bang out to some awesome music. 

I know how she was probably feeling right at that time. But... you still need to know how to control yourself, right? 

Anyway, I walked with my friends to the elementary school and then my friend's mother and her sister are in front of the school. And my friend, who I could tell was in a nasty mood, was acting like a total witch to her mother. Her mother asked where she was going and she just passed by her saying nothing. Then right when we were halfway to the entrance of the school, she turned around and said she wasn't going anymore. I was annoyed. 

I hate when this girl acts like this. I've mentioned this before but when she gets in a bad mood, she doesn't even try to hide it. I feel like she puts me down when she gets like that. And sometimes I'm in a bad mood too. But I don't like to show when I do. I mean, maybe she does handle it okay. It's not like she goes off on me or anything. I guess it's fine to be in a bad mood. We're only human, right? 

But I guess it's because when I'm in a less than par mood, I just put up a front and act happy because I don't like bringing other people down with me. And I have a bunch of other friends who are like that. And I never realized how much I hate that until now. Or maybe it's because this girl is ALWAYS down. She's always unhappy about something. She'll be in a good mood one moment, and next minute, she won't talk. 

What the heck? 

Ugh whatever. 

So I still the service hours and contrary to what I believed, it wasn't that bad at all. The main lady who was giving out the hours was super nice. And the children weren't any worse than any other children. They weren't bad at all and they were pretty friendly. I could recognize my own childhood in the kids so I thought that was pretty cool. It was very easy. I'm gonna come back as soon as I can. 

More stuff happened. But I guess I'm not gonna go into. Here's all the stuff I need to do this evening. So good luck to me:

- Type out my mother's work for school
- Get more pictures for my Computer Graphics Heritage Project
- Forge something for Computer Graphics to make it seem like I'm actually working on the CD Project (Possibly create a background and print out ideas of CDs I want to emulate)
- Pre-Calc Homework
- Read Chapter 10 AND 11 Black Boy. Then come up with discussion questions.
- Study for Chemistry test tomorrow.
- Do Engineering Online Notebook Check

So now I'm off to go type out my mother's stuff. UGH! THE WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment