Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorites of 2012

What's up you guys? 

So... This is officially the last day of 2012. I feel like I have accomplished nothing today and I have loads of homework that's due before Wednesday. Ugh. But I'm actually kind of, KIND OF, looking forward to school. 


Um. So I wanted to do a whole favorites of 2012 post. But I only see mostly beauty surveys. I should probably do a New Years Resolution post but I don't think I really like long-term lists like that. Maybe a resolutions list for January, perhaps. Because seriously, I can't even remember what happened January of this year no matter how hard I try to remember. It's pretty sad. 


So here's what I got. 


Favorite TV Show/Movie

Okay, so considering that I hardly watch TV and I barely watch movies, this one is going to be hard for me. But I think I have a legitimate answer. So for my favorite TV show, I'm going to have to go with Pretty Little Liars.



When I think about it, it's such a cliche teen girl choice but honestly, it's the only teen girl show that I would give the time of day. I love it despite what anyone says. It's interesting and scary and oh gosh. I can't wait for the new season to start!


My favorite character is probably Hannah because she simply makes me laugh. What I don't like about the show is all the unnecessary kissing from all the characters. I swear to you, there's a needless make-out session in every episode. Other than that, it's a pretty good show. Yep. I want to tell my friends to watch it but honestly, if they haven't started by now, then there's really no point anymore. 


So my favorite movie is a toss between The Hunger Games and We Need To Talk About Kevin. They are both books-made-to-movies and I read both books and I don't think I told you guys yet, but I really didn't enjoy The Hunger Games that much. It was okay and really good at some parts. But I found myself struggling to finish it. We Need To Talk About Kevin was a good book as well. It was slow at the beginning but got so good soon after. Um, okay this isn't about books. This is about MOVIES. Okay, so I'm just going to go with The Hunger Games because I actually watched the whole movie, in theaters, and I remember it being amazing.




Jennifer Lawrence is too cute by the way.


Favorite Book

I read a lot of good books this year, you guys. Including the ones I had to read for school. Ugh. So hard... Secretly, I want to say We Need To Talk About Kevin. But I don't know... Black Boy by Richard Wright was really good too. But I didn't get to finish it. Catcher In The Rye was nice, but I can't say that was my favorite. Oh and The Perks of Being A Wallflower was simply wonderful. Really, it's a toss up between The Perks and WNTTAK. And my final answer is... The Perks of Being A Wallflower.



Why I chose this book? Because I finished this in a day and ended up thinking about the book for an entire week. It was sweet and sad. I'm such a forgetful person. But I remember the feeling I got after reading the book but I can't really pinpoint what feeling it was. I honestly felt that Charlie was speaking actually speaking and opening up to me. Yeah... very sweet. I may be a little biased, considering I read this story way after reading WNTTAK and if I remember correctly, Kevin probably had a larger impact on me. But maybe that's why I liked Perks, it was short and the theme was lighter and more relatable. They are entirely different themes. 


The only thing I regret is not reading this book sooner. I only decided to read it after I heard about the movie, which I found about because of my obsession with Ezra Miller. I feel so bad about that. But that's bring me to the next category.


Favorite Actor/Actress

Isn't this obvious? I mean, my all-time favorite actor would probably always be Johnny Depp. But this year was the year of the Ezra Miller. He's not only my favorite actor of this year, but also maybe my celebrity crush of the year... maybe. 



I don't want to go too much into how much I freakin' adore this guy because I think I have done it so much already. For some reason, I remember discovering him in the summer. But I found some evidence that I actually discovered him some time earlier than that. Meh. Don't know what to say about that.


He's a good actor, at least in my eyes. I thought he was simply amazing in WNTTAK. He fit his role so perfectly. His demeanor was so malicious and sultry. I wonder if he exuded that on purpose or if it was just incredible cinematography. I like to think it was his own doing. 


Not to mention that he's absolutely adorable. I'm not even sure why I'm so attracted to the guy. MERPPP! No more. If you all want to read about my frustrating adoration for the guy, you can look up my older posts.


Favorite Food

ANOTHER difficult category to answer. I eat food, like, everyday. How can I possibly choose a favorite one? Well, since this is a favorite food of the year. I'm going to go with Subway



I ate a bunch of Subway sandwiches this summer since it was just across from the camp I was going to. I'm still working on finding that perfect combo sandwich that's somewhat not too calorie laden but still pretty delicious. But over the summer, I ate Veggie Delights and they were pretty delicious with pickles and vinegar. I'm a bit late on the Subway boat but I don't care. If I get my morning internship, I am definitely stopping at Subway for lunch before going back to school. 


If not Subway, my other favorite "food" would be Frozen Yogurt. I had my first and last frozen yogurt this summer when I went to Pinkberry which was just across the street from my internship. I remember getting a strawberry flavored yogurt with chocolate chips, blueberries, caramel sauce and some other stuff. It sounds odd but it was actually really delicious. The only thing I didn't like was how expensive they were. 


Favorite Beverage

This year, I got really bad at drinking enough fluids. I really don't enjoy any drinks except for water. And when I don't feel like drinking water, I end up not drinking anything. But I guess my favorite beverage would be movie theater Mango Smoothies.

I got introduced to the smoothies by my friends when I went to the movies with them either last year or this year. I really can't remember. It was SO delicious. I constantly crave them though I haven't had much of them. They are obviously no where near as healthy as ones you make at home. But it's much easier to buy a cup than try and cut a mango, am I right? The ones at the theater are also overpriced which is another downfall. But I rarely buy them in the first place. Oh and the Mango Pineapple Smoothies at McDonalds are sub par. They're cheaper but not as delicious as the real ones. And one time, I ordered a Mango Pineapple smoothie from this place in DC near the Verizon Center and it was disgusting. Ugh. 

Next year, I want to try Starbucks. Beauty gurus sice that stuff up like it's heaven in a cup or something. I heard it was expensive but I want to try one anyway. I think there's a Starbucks across the street from my school so I need to go there one day.


Favorite Song

This was honestly my most dreaded question. How could I choose one favorite song out of all the amazing ones I've heard this year. First of all, I have a hard time remembering things as I've said. I'm sure I had some good jams at the beginning of the year and I don't wanna be biased and choose songs from recent. 

Okay, let me start off and say that this year was seriously the year of the 80s for me. No, scratch that. It the year of both the 80s and 90s. You know what, this was the Throwback year for music. I was loving Sublime, Pearl Jam, 311, Queen, The Police, Soundgarden, Weezer, Duran Duran and bunches of others. 


This is really hard for me! But I think I've made a decision and ultimately, my favorite song of this year would be:

What I Got by Sublime.



I was contemplating All Mixed Up by 311 or something from Incubus or even The Police. Really, why I chose this song was because it's such a feel good song, reminding you to treasure what you have in life. I don't know. I enjoy the message, the rhythm, the beat. Everything. As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of ALL the songs I could've chosen. I mean, out of ALL the songs I could've chosen, I chose this one.


Yeah. It's really the message that gets me. 


If I hadn't chosen that song, I probably would've chosen Jeremy by Pearl Jam or Into The Night by Benny Mardones or something. 


And last but not least, 

Favorite Band
I feel like you would know the answer. Right now, I truly believe I have the answer but I'm not sure if it is the correct answer. I can't remember really anything much before June of this year. So I'm really hoping this is my most unbiased and true answer. I think it is. 

My favorite band of this year is The Police.




If I also incorporate Sting's music into the mix, The Police is definitely my ultimate favorite band of this year. I won't go into it. But they are all simply amazing musicians and artists. Of their songs, my favorite has to be Spirits In The Material World. That's it. They are simply.... amazing.


My next choice may have been 311 but I think their artistic ability no way reaches the degree of The Police. Incubus may have been another choice but I think they really reached their peak in my heart back in 2011. 


So yeah, that's it. I think I've worked on this list for some time too long. I still have Calculus work and Computer Graphics stuff to accomplish. 


Happy New Years Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment