Thursday, April 25, 2013

I GOT IN!

I am not actually a complete failure!

I got into National Honor Society!

I guess I can replay how the day went down first. Then I'll share with you my emotions and stuff.

So I was in my homeroom: Computer Graphics and I wasn't really doing actual sh**. I was just creating a piece of cake for a menu that I had finished a long time ago. But it was something to do without my Computer Graphics teacher scrutinizing it. And I was there, making my pink and yellow cake which wasn't really looking so appetizing and then two girls came into the classroom out of nowhere asking for Jessica. They were holding flowers and envelopes and I was taking by surprise.

I finally snapped out of it when my teacher was like, "Wave your hand!" And then people began to clap and I got all giddy inside as the girls handed me my rose and envelope and I was told I got into the National Honor Society.

It was an amazing moment.

I read the envelope to receive my doom. Apparently, we have a bunch of hours we need to complete before senior year ends. And we have things to pay for and fundraisers and meetings and inductions. I wanted to cry tears of joy.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this but if I hadn't got in, I would've cried all day. I would've been on the edge of killing myself or something. (Okay, maybe not. But probably close to that.) But I actually had nightmares about this and woke up wanting to cry.

I felt really special until I got into the Physics hallway and began seeing the rush of Science and Tech juniors with orange-y yellow roses in their hands and suddenly, I didn't feel as special anymore. Apparently, as long as you met the requirements (3.5 GPA or higher, at least 72 service hours, and a good record), you were guaranteed a spot. I was apprehensive because first, I had a few hours that I didn't get signed (like my Tennis hours and SADD hours) and I bumped up a few other hours to make up for it. I thought they would see through the lies. I also got in-school suspension twice back when I was in Parkdale: one for not wearing my uniform shirt and one for not going to detention after I got caught in hall sweep. Finally, I had my friend forge my signature for me because I had a bus to ride and I was a bit late in submitting my form. So yeah. I had some reason to worry.

I ended up giving the rose away by 7th period because it was half-dead and I didn't feel like holding it. I don't even really like flowers. They should've gave us chocolate.

My day went from superb to suffering. My breathing got really bad around 7th and 8th period. I could barely breathe and I had a quiz in Calculus. Walking up the stairs was death. My back was hurting ALL day and it got worse by 8th period. I'm not even sure why it's hurting. But it started yesterday after I took a nap (and my breathing was bad) and when I got up, I had this bad feeling in the upper middle of my back. I think it has to do with my coughing. I think I was bent over and I coughed and threw something off. Now whenever I breathe, I can feel it.

My friend wants be to go this show on Friday but I don't really feel like it. Plus, I have things to do  like get my hair done and my mom has work for me to do. So I really can't. I have homework I should be doing but I'm pretending that I don't.

I'm so ready for all this to be OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment