So I just came back from my Calculus session, I'm really tired, and I'm home alone. So why not update you guys!?
This week was a very good week. It started out great and it ended great.
The highlight of this week?
I WON THE DANCING WITH THE STARS POSTER CONTEST!
Yes. I did. And I got what I wanted. All the recognition for my artistic talent. For once, I don't feel inadequate. I'm up there with the big dogs!
And I get a Starbucks gift card! Boo yah!
I found out about it when I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus, so I decided to check my e-mail. And I get a message from my Computer Graphics teacher that was like, CONGRATULATIONS JESSICA! And I wanted to shout and break out in dance. And it didn't help that I had Standing on the Shore by Empire of the Sun blasting in my ears. I was so happy!
I'll show it to you guys as soon as I'm done with the class.
Yesterday, I took three exams: One in physics, one in chemistry, and one in calculus. I think I did good on the physics test if I hadn't made any stupid mistakes. I don't think I got less than a B but I really want an A, of course. The chemistry one was depressing. Mostly because I thought I knew the material down pat. In fact, I spent all the previous night (and early morning) studying for physics. I glanced over my Chem notes a period before I actually had to take the test. Which was a big mistake. There was a bunch of questions I couldn't answer, a bunch that we never even went over that well!
The calculus quiz was the worst. I don't even wanna talk about that.
So I ended up skipping Spanish as well because I was supposed to "give blood". I ended up not doing it because I told my mom about it the night before and she was freaking out about it. And I was tired and I didn't feel like going through all that and getting the forms signed. Plus, I was freaked out myself that they could take so much blood that you could get dizzy. So I didn't go. But I had the pass and so I just skipped the entire period and went to my friend's class.
Then after school, my friends and I decided to stay for this thing called Coffeehouse. I was previously not going to go because the friend that had asked me about it couldn't go after all because of a track meet. But then I found out on the day of that another group of my friends were going and miraculously, I had exactly three dollars (1 dollar bill and 8 quarters) in my bag. So I got a ticket.
The funniest thing happened. So I told my friend about this guy that I kind of have a crush on. I wouldn't even say it's a crush though. I just think he's cute. I've probably mentioned him last year because I discovered him last year. He went to TLC and I thought he was the cutest thing ever. The downside was that he was a freshman (at the time. He's a sophomore now.). He has a class across from my Spanish class and even though I knew he had been there this whole time, I hadn't told my friend until recently because she was too busy fawning over this freshman. But now my friend is making this a big deal which is fun, I have to admit, but I really don't like him THAT much but I'm not even sure why. He's really really cute. But yeah... maybe it's because he's a sophomore and probably because I know he hangs out with a bunch of ghetto black people so yeah...
But that's not the point I'm trying to make. Two days ago, my friends and I waited outside of his class so that one of my friends could call him and ask him his name. Well, he saw her, ignored her, and walked into the class. It was so embarrassing. And I'm sure he thinks we're stalkers if he even noticed me there (I was talking with my friend so...). And then yesterday, I ended up walking into two classes he had. First, I went to my Computer Graphics class before 4th period to get my flash drive and he was sitting in the seat right across. I know he looked up and saw me. Then, I saw him before 7th period because I needed to buy a ticket for Coffeehouse and then I see him come out the classroom. I am tempted to now wait outside the class all the time now (especially because I found out a friend had that class as well) but that's some serious stalker chiz right there.
I don't know why this happens. I decide to like a guy and then I go completely, accidentally stalker on him.
So yeah... back to the Coffeehouse thing. The event was at 7 pm so my friend had the amazing idea of walking all the way to her house and back to pass the time. She said her house was like 15 minutes away. More like 45 minutes! My asthma was starting to act up while I was there and the worst thing was that she had a cat. I totally forgot that I may have cat allergies and apparently, her cat is shedding. So I could barely breathe. At first, I thought it was just from all the walking. But really, when I finally left her house, my breathing got better. Her house was nice though kind of cluttered. My two friends (the couple) were saying this house was the best. Lol. They would say that since one lives in an apartment and one lives in like half-house or something.
When we walked back, we were already a minute late and we went around the school getting things like tickets and blah blah blah. And by the time we got in, the first band was already half way through the song. The band was really good. The girl singing? Not so much. They were playing Misery Business and the girl was basically screaming.
The auditorium was SO crowded. I did not expect that. But we found ourselves five seats.
Coffeehouse was good and it would've been better if I hadn't been in a very cynical mood. It was probably because of my self-esteem issues, a bit because my asthma was acting up, and a bit because the friends I were sitting next to were being obnoxious. There were like four or five prom proposals. And then, people kept singing the most mainstream, generic songs. I wanted to rip my hair out. Of course, one guy sang Wonderwall to his girl. And then someone played Love Song by Sara Bareilles (not The Cure's Lovesong of course) on the piano. Two Bruno Mars songs were sung.
I think I truly enjoyed only about 4 or 5 songs: This girl band that played Under The Bridge my RHCP (It was so good. The guitarist was amazing.), these four people who harmonized SO well, this one guy with a guitar and a beat maker and recorder? who was very original and sounded amazing, and then this screamo band that played towards the end (those guys could actually play).
There were a few other bands I liked too because they were cute and original but I won't name them because it would be a lot of typing.
Then of course, they played Thrift Shop towards the end and then I left with my friends.
When I came home, my auntie and my crazy cousin were there. I went straight to sleep because I was SOO tired especially since I didn't get much sleep from the night before because of all the studying. And then, since I went to bed at around 11 pm? (earlier than usual), I woke up at around 2 am and started watching videos on home. I went to sleep again around 4 am? and woke up at 7:15 am. I was SO tired so I was planning on getting up at 7:30 but it ended up being 8:15 am and I had calculus at 8:30 so I quickly washed my face, put clothes on, and my dad drove me to school.
Fortunately, I got all my calc homework done there and now I'm tired. I'll probably take a nap and wake up and go over to my mom's job to complete more hours. I only have four left. :3
So I'll leave now... I should go read a book or something.
BYE!
No comments:
Post a Comment