Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Thing About Living Next To A University: Sexy White College Dudes. Bad Thing: They're In College.

The title requires no explanation.

I'm not even gonna talk about the title. It has nothing do with anything. It's just an observation.

Um. I thought I was going to talk to you about my day but that would be boring.

La la la la la.

Finally we have some fun in Pre-Calculus. Our teacher introduced us to exclamation points. Which are apparently called something else. And are not as exciting as you think.

5! MEANS 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5.

Isn't that freakin' awesome?

Life has been pretty boring. I'm teetering on the decision of doing AP Computer Graphics. I feel like that class would unneccessarily stress me out. But I realized that I need a class just for myself. And I like Computer Graphics. Especially when I have the opportunity to express my talents. We're doing something called Litchenstein where my teacher took action photos of it and we have to trace it on the computer. I feel like I've talked about this before.

Well, I saw my photo today and I think my face looks hideous. And the look of the photo isn't actually what I had in my mind. But it will do.

We also had to trace Mona Lisa and then recreate her. I decided to turn Mona to Cleopatra. I really couldn't think of anything. So that's all I had. I was looking around the room and I saw some really good ones. There are some talented people in that class. I don't really get to see it a lot because everyone's centered around their own computers. And you can't see anyone's except the person beside you. And at the same time, you're too busy doing your own work that you don't really pay attention.

My Mona is coming out quite beautifully. But when I first started tracing it, the outline looked really bad and shaky. It looks decent now that it has color but I found out a way to make smooth lines which I'm doing with my Litchenstein.

BTW I'm going to post them here when I'm done.

Well with my Lichenstein picture, I'm supposed to be playing piano. Specifically keyboard. I was supposed to be rocking out. But it looks like I'm at a recital. I'm planning on having a guitarist and a singer in the foreground and background. But they'll be blurred out so that the attention is still on me. ('Cause that's one of the requirements.)

We also have to shade. And that's kinda difficult for me. We can either use the Dodge/Burn Tool or Posterize tool. For my Mona the Dodge/Burn was the easiest for me. But for our practice exercise, Posterizing was easy for me. But I didn't like the outcome that much.

I'm staying after school to work on it since Portfolios are due tomorrow. If I finish early, I'm going to TLC. And I really hope Sexy White Freshmen is there. That's what his name is going to be. I think his name is actually Jeff. But that's from the little stalking I've done. But for here, his name with me Sexy White Freshmen.

My friend wants to come and see me. She was thinking about doing Computer Graphics next year and I urged her to do it. But she heard rumors that there was a lot of drawing involved. I told her that you have a lot of journals you're going to do but it's all homework and you don't have to be a good drawer. You just have to follow whatever she requires. She asked for my Journal so I gave it to her. And she was freaking out about how good I am.

I felt uncomfortable but I was beaming on the inside. I don't really understand when people say I'm a good artist. I REALLY don't think I'm a good artist. And it's just recently that people started saying this. I mean, people used to say it when I was in elementary school... sparingly. But I always knew people who were WAY better drawers than I was. So I never thought of myself as a good artist. Because I loved to write, I liked to draw illustrations with my pictures. And I think that's how my drawing evolved. But I still can't say I'm the best. Or even at the top.

My friend was saying how I was smart, a good drawer, good at computers. I was pretty much set for life. But I don't see it that way. Okay so I have a bunch of talents. But I still don't know what to do with my life.

Sucks...

I'm drinking berry tea. :3 And listening to a cover of Somebody That I Used To Know by Pentatonix. Which is righteously awesome.

I have an orthographic projection I should be doing right now so BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment