Monday, March 5, 2012

I Don't Believe In Reincarnation.

And I'll tell you why.

But first, I don't know why but lately, I've been feeling a tingling on my chin. It's annoying.

Okay, back to reincarnation. I took World History when I was in 7th grade and of course, my teacher introduced us to a lot of religions. I can't remember which but there was one religion that focuses on the idea of reincarnation. I pondered it and I realized I just can't believe in that.

My dad's family kind of believe in that. But I think they loosely believed in it. Like a folklore. You say it because it's fun, not because you actually believe it.

My dad was named after his uncle who was burned in a fire. That's why he has a big dark birth mark over his shoulders. His mother believe he was a reincarnation of his uncle. And my dad calls me Mommy because he says I'm a reincarnation of his own mother. I don't know...

If I was, I think I'd remember being back in Nigeria taking care of a bunch of children. I can make it up in my head and pretend I remember. I can make myself believe it. But that would just be deceit. If we all actually reincarnated, I feel like we'd all have a distant memory of our past lives. And you don't see people going around talking about when they were a human in the last century or whatever.

I don't know... I just can't believe in that. It's not like anyone's forcing me to believe it. But at least I have something I'm sure of.

Please don't get offended if I insulted your religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment