Sunday, February 23, 2014

It's Like Miss America, Except They're Ratchet Boys In High School.

The past few days have been pretty good.

On Friday night, I went with my friend to this event called Mr. Roosevelt. I'm basically giving the name of my high school away but it's whatever. I'll be gone from this hoodlum-breeding place in a few months. It's like Miss America except the contestants are boys from our high school.

Swimsuit portion not included.
I left my internship at 3 pm so that I could go home and drop my stuff off before meeting my friend at the mall at 4:30 pm. And oh my gosh... I was waiting for the university shuttle that would take me to the mall and when the shuttle finally came, the doors opened, and I saw my favorite bus driver ever sitting in the driver's seat. He used to drive the bus I would take to go home until I found out there was a better bus I could take to get home. And my God, he was still gorgeous as ever and he still smiled and said, "Thank you" when I showed him my ID.

I knew it was gonna be a good night after that. I'm contemplating riding that bus on Fridays from now on but I think it'll be too obvious.

ANYWAY, I met my friend at the mall and she was actually looking pretty gorgeous. She had on this bustier-like gray top and a cute college-style red sweater and jeggings with fake Doc Martens. Then, there was me with a leather jacket, leggings, an oversized gray hoodie, and a red and black striped shirt peaking out from the bottom to hide the camel toe and underwear lines accentuated by my leggings.

I couldn't find a decent outfit to wear that morning.

But we ate at Wendy's, talked about some boy she likes that is pursuing her, and waited for a friend to come meet us who ditched us and didn't let us know she wasn't coming until I called her.

We took a bus back to the school in the darkness and things got exciting from there.

I don't want to go into all the details because it would be too much to explain. But I'll say that after two eliminations, there were five guys left.

One guy was this Asian who had a fun personality, kinda goofy, but very pretty boy as well. He sang and played guitar and was pretty charming, at least in my eyes. I'm gonna call him Asian Bieber.

The second guy was this dancer guy who was black but sounded a little bit like he was Latino. Like, he could've been from Cuba or something. I'm not sure. Because I'm blind, I couldn't see his face well but he had light and dark discolorations on his face but he was obviously very popular among his schoolmates except I don't think I've ever seen him around school. He was an AMAZING dancer though and I thought he seemed very nice. I'll name him Feels.

The third guy was also a dancer but not as good as the one I talked about previously. I'll name him MJ because he was definitely channeling the King of Pop in his dance routine. During the competition, the contestants had to answers questions by a crazy, ratchet, fan-girl-like interviewer and I guess the premise of the thing is to see how charming the guys could be in the face of crazy girls. And MJ probably had the best answers.

The fourth guy is a guy I'm gonna call Mr. Smooth because of that's what my friend called him and this guy really relied on his looks and smoothness for the competition. This wasn't totally a bad thing for me because I don't mind enjoying what God has blessed the woman's eyes with but in terms of charm, it didn't do it for me. I know him from middle school and we talked a bit when I was in 7th grade but became complete strangers after that. He's a cool guy but I know how much of a douche he could be so he wasn't fooling me. But I'll go into everything else after I introduce the last guy.

The last guy was a Nigerian guy (I'm naming him Nigerian Boy) who is very popular among the Science and Tech kids and the school in whole actually. He's ripped and does some type of sport but I don't know because I'm unhip to everything. He's incredibly funny and extremely smart and he's everything that I dislike because how the heck can you just be so perfect? But I probably liked him the best out of everyone in the final five though I can't say I had any extreme likes or dislikes for anyone. His talent was a funny sketch in which he was a Nigerian dad trying to understand his son's weird, American ways and I thought it was hilarious because I love Nigerian jokes being as I am a Nigerian. And yeah...

Well, MJ won and I can see why the judges. Unlike the immature kids of the audience, the judges (who were all adults and some teachers) chose holistically. They chose the guy they believed captured everything a Mr. Roosevelt is supposed to be. Some of the guys had a lot of one aspect or another aspect. Some guys relied totally relied on one thing. I think I'd say this for Mr. Smooth and even Asian Bieber.

So I wasn't too fond of Mr. Smooth in the competition. His talent was spoken word and basically, he told the story of a black boy with a deadbeat father and a mother who had to take on both positions. In the end, he even gave a shout out to his mother in the front row and it put me into tears. It was really good. No. Amazing. But what put me off was his answers during the "Disaster Date". The interviewer asked him what his goals were in life and he gave the sappiest, most cliche answer... "I want to be happy". And he couldn't articulate himself. His answers to the proceeding questions were cliche too.

However, all the people (ahem, girls) in the audience fell for him anyway. They fell for his sob story and his looks. So when MJ was chosen, people just walked out of the auditorium in anger and it was so rude and disgusting. Yes, Mr. Smooth had the looks and the talent. But he didn't have the articulation. Mr. Roosevelt is about having the whole package and maybe MJ didn't have AS much of the "talent" or the "charm" but he had some of it and some of everything else that he needed to be Mr. Roosevelt and that is why he was ultimately chosen.

Would he have been my first choice? Probably not. But I'm glad he won. Mr. Roosevelt doesn't really mean much to me but I wish people hadn't been so rude. Especially because his family was there too, cheering him on and everything.

But whatever. I enjoyed myself.

I feel like this post is getting too long. But I'll mention that on Saturday, I decided to volunteer for the Science and Tech Open House for the incoming S&T freshman of 2014. The kids would've been in the same class as my sister, 2018, but my sister didn't get in so yeah. I was chosen to be a tour guide but not a tour guide head because of course, I was accidentally not put on the list to volunteer even though I signed up. But that's just my life. So I was lined up with a bunch of juniors and was put into a tour guide group.

I was put in a tour guide group with people who were obnoxious and all talked to each other so I decided to just drift away to another one, one that was lacking because stupid juniors decided to go to whatever group they felt like and not the one that they were assigned. But it was fortunate for me because I found myself a pretty nice group of girls to be a guide with.

I was of course, very mush mouth and awkward but I'm glad I was able to help. Our first group was a pretty quiet group and they hardly asked questions. I could tell both the parents and the students were pretty nervous. It brought back memories of being an almost sophomore and being in their same position. I probably talked the least out of the tour guides but whatever. Our second group was a a bit larger and a bit more outgoing with asking questions. I also felt more at ease with talking, my friend had joined our group as a tour guide, and everything was smoother because it was our second time through.

The only thing I regret is mentioning the sketchy back stairway cases and it was a horrible thing for me to say but I guess I can't take it back and hope that the parents took it as a joke. It still makes me cringe.

But yeah, it was still a good time. I enjoyed myself definitely and I'm glad I was able to help out as a senior at the school.

But now it's confession time. As we were leading our tour group to the different classrooms around the school, we kept bumping into the tour group ahead of us which was comprised of an Asian guy who was in one of my classes when I was a sophomore and Pretty Smile, a black guy I have only a slight crush on and he's in a couple of my classes this year. I think I may have fell in like with the Asian guy. He's actually a very sweet guy and he's attractive and yeah... I kept seeing him and seeing him and I guess I grew fonder of him. And of course, I think I may like Pretty Smile a little more too.

This is bad and good for me. If I focus my likes on the Asian guy, I won't think about... The Guy. However, I don't see Asian guy enough at school in order for me to focus my energy on him. And so it won't work. Also, I don't really feel like using up all my energy to crush on another guy again. I kind of just wanna forget about guys but it's obviously not working for me so Operation: New Crush goes.

Um... I guess I'll leave it here. School's tomorrow. I've procrastinated on homework. And I wanna eat ice-cream.

Byee.

No comments:

Post a Comment