Saturday, February 1, 2014

MONEY MONEY MONEYY.

I didn't tell you guys I got into the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill!


When I got the acceptance letter on the portal, I did my crazy dance (ugly ballet leap included) and shouted that I was a boss. I can't believe I got into one of the top public schools in the country, especially as an out-of-state student. Sometimes, I wonder if I really deserve all of this. It's crazy.

Ultimately, what will make my decision on whether or not I go there is the money. To be honest, my mind is already set on going to Temple University but it's nice knowing that I got into all these good schools. My parents can line up the acceptance letters in their storage and they have the bragging rights.

I still haven't found out about UMD and it looks like I won't until March, which really sucks. I called the Admissions office and found out that my application was pushed to the Regular decision applicant pool and that basically means I don't get the scholarships. -_- It sucks the most knowing that the reason why this happened was out of your control. I did what I had to do but of course, I have to suffer at the expense of my counselor...

I e-mailed my admissions officer at the school and hopefully, it all works itself out. I go to this school four days out of the week. I should not be dealing with this. My acceptance should've been quick and easy.

ANYWAY, it's been settled that I'll be heading over to Philadelphia on the 15th to go check out Temple. They're having some kind of accepted students day and I asked my dad if we could go, thinking it wouldn't be possible, but he was okay with it and now we're going. Basically, all of the fam except my mother is going and we'll probably leave Friday night and come home Sunday morning. We'll probably check out Drexel while we're there since it's in Philadelphia as well. Drexel sounds like a good school too but they didn't give me a full tuition scholarship so...

I also want to get the chance to check out UVA. Basically, I wanna check out all the schools I applied to. I'm now thinking why the heck I applied to Case Western Reserve because it's SO far away. Too far away for me at least. I was looking up trains from D.C. to Philadelphia and found trains that were only a one-hour ride. I was blown away. I've sat on a bus for one hour just to get to a mall that was 30 minutes away. This train ride was nothing. But of course, the fare was kinda pricey but I saw cheapers one (with longer rides) but the fact of the matter is that the distance is alright.

It'll be really difficult to visit schools in like Massachusetts or North Carolina but who knows what the future may behold. It all depends on the money. I say this a lot.

But it's all about the MONEY MONEY MONEY.

What else...

Life has been okay so far. Nothing too bad has happened even though I continue to screw up at my internship. Today, I did absolutely nothing for my lab. Instead, I was filling out a NASA internship application and then I deleted some e-mails and junk from my inbox. In fact, I called the admissions office at UMD from my lab phone. I should feel guilty but I don't.

Tomorrow will be a busy day and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be going to church as I usually do. Then, I'm going to the library at the university. I unintentionally invited my friend and now I probably won't get work done which sucks. Afterwards, we'll be going to a play that's on campus. I'll go home and catch up on TV shows with my sister and it'll be the end of a good day hopefully.

Funny thing happened yesterday though. I somehow got on the wrong shuttle bus and had no clue until the bus began to turn into these high-rise apartment buildings instead of going straight down to my bus stop and I had to get off and walk home. It wasn't too bad of a walk. It was definitely really cold but I wasn't miserable.

Today was a better day in terms of weather and maybe that's why I was in such a better mood even though my asthma was acting up. But yeah...

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment