Thursday, February 27, 2014

[Are You The One?] My New Obsession.


So, I discovered the show when I took an RP day and I had nothing better to do than to watch TV. I saw the show and at first, I thought it was stupid. The premise of the show is that there are 10 girls and 10 boys put in a house together and they have to find out who their perfect matches. If they find out their perfect match, the couple gets $50,000 each and get a honeymoon thing to themselves. But, wow the heck are you gonna tell people that they are a perfect match because some computer told them they were? That's what I was thinking when I saw the promo. I knew this show was just gonna be a whole emotional mess and I was right, it is. Not just for them, but for me too. But ugh, I love it.

Shanley
So of course, there are the bishes. Starting from the first episode, the first person to reveal herself as a bish was Shanley. 

After someone moved her shiz in the house (or whatever), she just went out going crazy on people in the house and then the whole thing escalated into some almost fight with a girl named Jacy that had nothing to do with it. And I just new that girl was a complete bish who needed to calm herself. 

The second bish is Simone who I thought was cool at the beginning. She hit it off with this goofy looking white guy named John (JJ?) and in the middle of their shindig, he decided to go flirt with Jacy. JJ revealed to Simone that he didn't think they were matches and she took this really personally though and I can see why she did. But soon after that, they were found out to not be matches and this girl went berserk on Jacy after that. 

Simone, John, and Jacy (from left to right)
I was mad that Simone kept trash talking JJ for liking a girl that didn't care for him as much as she did and I just wanted her to shut up because they're all playing a game to collect money. I understand her feelings are hurt but she shouldn't ruin that for everyone else. Jacy is also a pretty sweet girl and I thought Simone was attacking her needlessly like those girls who pick fights over boys. If a boy doesn't like you, he DOESN'T LIKE YOU. If you have a problem with the boy, how is fighting the girl gonna fix anything? So that just put her on my bish list because she continued to start sh*t for no reason.

Ryan, Kayla, and Wes
Other than those two, all the girls in the house seems pretty sweet. I also want to mention Kayla who seems like a cool girl, like someone you'd want to be friends with, but she's a PLAYER. She's actively pursuing two guys: Ryan and Wes and it's not like she has one guy on her heart and just kind of eyeing another guy. She's PLAYING WITH THEIR HEARTS. She tells one that he is absolutely her world and the other that they are the perfect one for her. You know, cheesy heart-felt stuff like that and it's not cool. 



In terms of the guys, there's really only one guy that is on my bish list and it's Scali (or Chris S.). 

Scali and Paige
I thought he was a cool guy at first. He's cute but he soon revealed himself to be a complete douche after he tried to pursue a girl named Paige. Paige was exploring her options and he got jealous, so he decided to play with her by trying to hit with Kayla, I think, and told her that she was everything to him (heartfelt sh*t like that) and Paige gets mad and confronts him. He makes a scene by kissing her and walking off and she follows like a little puppy. They have their ups and downs but as soon as Paige starts having even a tiny little thing with some other guy, Scali just acts like a douche. Like those guys who act like they never gave a sh*t was they get rejected or dumped or something. 

And today, during the eating-nasty-snow-cone challenge, he got paired up with Simone and said he didn't wanna get paired up with that b*tch and purposely lost the challenge. I mean, I was not in favor with Simone but I thought that was SO rude. He was just as bad as her and probably even worse for acting like such a douche. 

Adam and Brittany
Another person that I'm iffy about is Adam. He's hot. He's not really my type of guy but he's basically the epitome of hot frat boy or hot, slutty, most popular guy in high school. He mentioned that he was the float-y type when it came to relationships which basically means he just hooks up with everyone but since this whole game requires a bunch of hook ups, he hasn't really done anything bad in my eye. What pissed me off about him was how he handled his small relationship with a girl named Brittany. 

Now Brittany was a crazy girl. Adam and Britt hit it off in the beginning and then, Brittany went totally crazy and kept emphasizing that she things the two are a match. Adam got put off by this and he wanted to explore his options but Brittany was insistent on it, even though they were having multitudes of fights and what not. It was clear that they weren't a match and Adam eventually exploded on her and I get that he was probably frustrated and I think she needed someone to tell her off. But now, it seems like he wants to make a fool out of her (even though she's doing it to herself pretty easily). Really, he only gets rude when she continues to pursue him but I just don't like people who purposely want to demean other people for the laughs. 

Overall, I think he's okay. 

Then, there's Chris T. 


He's a hot, muscular guy with tattoos running up and down his arms but has a sweet personality. He fell for Shanley hard and they were found out not to be a match, but he couldn't put away his feelings for the purpose of the game and that's my problem with him. It didn't bother me until today though when ugh... The best episode in Are You The One? so far.

So basically, Chris and Shanley were still hooking up and being all close and couple-y even it had been weeks after they were found out not to be a match. People in the house were pissed off about this because it was ruining other people's chances of finding their match. Also, Shanley had pissed off some girls in the house (specifically Simone and Kayla) so a lot of people were eager to just let Chris go as revenge. So when Chris and Paige won the challenge, everyone except one person voted the two into the booth to see if they were a perfect match...

... and surprise, surprise... THEY WERE.

That caused a huge uprising in the house. Shanley and a couple of other girls in the house began crying and Simone and Shanley began mouth-fighting each other and the people in the house were holding them back from each other and it was all a big bunch of crazy. Finding out that Chris and Paige were a match was so SO bittersweet. It was good because finally, Shanley and Chris can get off each other's bodies and I thought Shanley was being a bish so I wanted her to get her just dessert. And it's funny because I was actually starting to like her but I didn't like the way she was telling of Kayla for her escapades even though I thought she was being truthful. But it was also bitter because Paige was stuck with a guy who wasn't even gonna TRY and make it work because he was so in love with Shanley and I thought that was sad because she doesn't deserve that.

Also, I didn't like the way Simone continue to badmouth Shanley after the big reveal because Shanley was CRYING. Like, even though I wanted Shanley to get the wake up call, it still kinda hurt to see her hurt. I saw this on Tumblr and I thought it was a good analogy but what if someone told you that you should break up with your girlfriend or boyfriend because some computer said you weren't a "perfect match" and then, your significant other was matched up with someone person. That's hurtful. I wish Simone had just been like, "I told you so!" and then walked out and left it at that. But she kept going on and on. I knew it was just out of her own pain after being told the guy she liked wasn't her match and I realized that all the girls in the house that had expressed a lot of emotions over this week's match up were all girls who had been told that the guy they had poured out everything to was not their "perfect match". 

Ugh... It's such an emotional mess. But again, I love the show.

There are now to confirmed matches and the first match was made last week and that was actually my favorite episode until this drama-filled one. 

A girl named Coleysia and a guy named Dillon were found to be a match and it just stirred my little black teenage girl heart.


On the first week, Dillon was left to choose Coleysia has his perfect match because everyone else was chosen and Coleysia teared up because she was always the last to be chosen and I thought that was so sad. But they ended up hitting it off and they were eventually found out to be a perfect match and it made me SOOO happy. First of all, they were both such sweet people and second, it was an interracial relationship. I was sure as hell MTV was gonna try and do the whole racial match-y thing because there were three black guys and three black girls but I'm glad they proved me wrong. 

So yeah. I LOOOOOVE the show. I'm usually not into trashy TV like this but this is an exception. 

I can't wait for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment