Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I Did At Internship Today

I am very bored and the smell of this ham and cheese sandwich disgusts me. My face feels extremely oily and I feel sick. I ate chocolate chip cookies thinking I’ll feel better but it didn’t help much. I can’t find the mayonnaise I was going to use to eat this sandwich and I’ll be damned if I have to eat this sandwich by itself. I want to peel off some of the ham and I may just end up eating the sandwich at home. Actually, I think I may be going home a little earlier today because I’m so freaking bored and there’s nothing to do here. All the participants have been scheduled. I’m pretty sure all the videos have been coded. After wasting time typing this, I think I’m going to go around and find things to copy and print because I have nothing else to do with my life at the moment.

Today, my bus was extremely late. We had a two hour delay since it snowed so my bus was supposed to arrive at 9:45 AM instead of the usual 7:45 AM (and actually later because my bus has been really late these days). Well, today my bus didn’t arrive until 10:30 AM which would’ve been 8:30 if we didn’t have the two hour delay which is also when school starts. The thing is, I was so lost on what to do, thinking that the bus wasn’t going to come at all. After my sister’s bus left at like 10:20, I decided to just walk away and start heading to the UMD shuttle bus stop. I was walking for barely 2 minutes when the bus pulled up behind me and I was too far to run and catch up to it. I was beyond pissed. In fact, the bus passed me twice. It was infuriating. I ended up having to catch the shuttle which was supposed to come at 10:46 but was 5 minutes late. My stupid fully-charged phone died on me. And first period was over by the time I got to school. That meant that I was only going to have one class before I’d have to leave for my internship. I was thinking about this while I was waiting at the bus stop and wondering what should be my next step. Should I just ride the shuttle, only have one class, and leave for internship as usual? Or should I just skip school for today and go straight to my internship? Well, I didn’t want to be marked for an unexcused absence so I went to school.

I mean, coming to school late had its perks. I was only at school for a little more than an hour and I met a girl named ChiChi who was riding the shuttle, unbeknownst to me, and we talked as we got into the building. She was sweet and all and she got my number but she doesn’t realize that we’ll probably never text (because I’m a horrible texter) and we’ll never see each other at school because I’m a senior with a half day and very unnoticeable. But we had a nice talk in the few minutes we were together so that was nice… Redundant girl is redundant.

I said it before. I’ll say it again. But I am so bored. Right now, I’m contemplating whether I should leave at 3:15 PM or 3:45 PM. 3:15 is looking really good right now. I mean, why not? Who’s gonna question it? No one’s here so… Yep. I’m leaving at 3:15 PM. So I’m gonna go print useless things out in a second. And I’m gonna go pee while I’m at it. Maybe I’ll go get mayo from the convenience store too… Meh. We’ll see.
It’s 2:45 PM and I wasted only 15 minutes of time. Maybe even less. Ugh. I only have to be here for 15 more minutes and I’ll be gone.

It’s funny how I had a two hour delay but I’m STILL tired. Like, sleeping on the shuttle to internship tired. I understand how it happened. I woke up at my usual time, which is like 5:00 AM if I’m being absolutely truthful but I fall back asleep and wake up so I can’t tell you when I fell back asleep. But yeah, on a usual day, I’ll wake up at like 5:00 and doze in and out of sleep but I won’t go back into a deep sleep until it’s time for me to officially wake up and that’s like 6:45 AM. But during a two-hour delay, I think I get so excited that I don’t get to that deep sleep phase at 6:45 AM so I don’t end up falling asleep until 8:00 AM (more or less) and I end up waking up at 8:30 to get ready and it’s just a mess and I end up being more tired than I would be if I hadn’t had a two hour delay but it’s whatever.

This is actually one of the best winters I’ve ever had because of all the two-hour delays and school closings because of all the snow and it’s just a great year to be a senior. I mean, what is school? Today was the perfect smooth day to kick back into school. Tomorrow is the real deal. I’m gonna have to wake up at 6:45 (but actually 6:55) and have all four classes and do all my homework and it’s gonna be for real for real. But really, it’s been hard to get back in that school groove with all these 5-day weekends and shiz. I get too lazy.

This place is actually the best place to work on scholarships though. In the university’s library, the computers are so close together and there are so many people so I end up feeling anxious. I also don’t get to go to the library until after internship and then, it’s like 4:00 PM and by that time, my brain is all drained out and I can’t do work any longer. It also doesn’t help that daylights savings hasn’t started so if I work for an hour, it’ll be dark already and I’m not too fond of walking home in the. But I don’t feel right doing it at my internship because I know I shouldn’t be doing that stuff here. But it’s funny I say that while I’m writing this useless document during my internship. And I’m dead set on leaving early too. I’m such a bad intern. Well, what can a girl do?

No comments:

Post a Comment