Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Scientifically Proven. I'm Nothing Special.

Today in AP Bio, we did this activity where we got this sheet of traits and we were supposed to determine if we had the traits or not.These traits included a widow's peak, attached or unattached earlobes, crooked pinkies, the ability to taste PTC, etc. 

When we were done distinguishing our traits, our teacher got a count of the people in the class who had which traits and told us whether they were dominant or recessive. Then, she asked the class who had all dominant traits and I was the only one in the class who had all dominant traits. 

I have a widow's peak, my earlobes are unattached, I can taste PTC, I have crooked pinkies, blah blah blah. I have it all. I guess I was special in that I was the only one in the class with all dominant traits but I was also un-special because I have the traits that the majority of the population has... Okay, maybe it doesn't exactly work that way but you know what I mean...

Ugh. Whatever.

I didn't know we didn't have school on Friday. I would've walked to the bus stop thinking I had missed it, caught a ride with the parents, and gone all the way to school only to find out there was no school. 

But I still have to go to my internship since I missed Tuesday. Meeeehhh.

I can't really think of anything special that happened today. It was a real non-happening day to be for real. But I have so much work I have to do and turn in for the end of the quarter which is tomorrow. And I have homework on top of that. And I just screwed myself over by not getting all this stuff done on time. Must I miss another day of internship...? I shan't.

I'm already tired though and I can't imagine doing all this work tonight but I'm gonna have to... GAH.

As you can tell, this post is just for complaining. 

Also, UNC gave me a grant for a free laptop. Those little bribers. How about they pay for my freakin' tuition? My mom told me I should write a letter negotiating a bit more financial aid but I don't think you can do that. 

One more day until I get my official UPenn rejection letter!

Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment