Monday, July 14, 2014

Mwa ha ha ha.

I'm looking at my Summer To-Do list and I haven't accomplished anything more than one task. Summer is almost over and for once, I actually want to complete most of the things on my list.

There are some things that may be very unrealistic like "going to a music festival", "losing 10 pounds", or "kissing a boy", but 9 out of 12 is better than nothing, right?

Speaking of kissing boys, there's one boy I can't stop thinking about. And no, for once in almost two years, it's not The Guy. It's the Italian guy I met at Temple. Honestly, I've been recounting all my experiences during those two days I was at orientation so I can't tell if I can't stop thinking about him because I really like him or because I really enjoyed my experience there...? Who am I kidding? I guess orientation was okay but really, in the past few days, I've been cursed with remembering all my awkward moments and trying to somehow change how they played out in my head. Lots of cringing and lots of dropping my head to the ground from embarrassment at myself.

But yeah, I don't think I truly like like him. But I'm just impressed that for once, a guy that I had been interested in actually tried to talk to me. And it's really pathetic of me but it's like, that alone made him a thousand times more special to me. And I want to believe that we'd hit if off as friends at least once school starts but I know that the possibility of that is tiny. I don't want to bring my hopes up but it's kind of hard not to.

So God, you answered my prayers. I can finally forget The Guy and now I'm tormented with the thoughts of another guy. I never know what I want, do I? At least I'm not obsessing over a guy that's clearly been in a relationship for a good while. I'm not sure if this other guy is in a relationship but I don't know and I'd like not to know if he is so that I can maintain my sanity.

So yeah... Straying for that, I really want to go to the library one of these days out of the week and get started on at least the book challenge. And maybe one of these days I'll finally get started on the movie challenge.

Let me just accomplish things before my summer ends.

So I'm sitting at my makeshift desk at my internship and I'm once again, oh-so-tired and oh-so-bored. A kid is supposed to come and take my photograph at 12:30 pm and it's now 12:40 pm and if he doesn't take my photograph, I don't really care. My stomach is looking extra pudgy and my hairline ain't cute so I'd rather not even.

But yeah... orientation definitely felt like a vacation. This week is going to be my fourth week of internship and it feels like only two. It's crazy how much time has past but even so, I can't wait for this to end. I don't like waking up early in the morning just to catch a shuttle, get over to NASA, and do nothing for a good part of the day. The lack of things to do is what made me begin loathing my internship at UMD and I'm getting the same feels here at NASA. It sucks. Worst part of all, I have to do a presentation on what I did here at my internship and while other people are working on cool satellites and sh**, I'm here typing a blog post on my personal private blog. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm screwed.

During orientation, I got to break the cycle for two days and think of something else and it was good. I felt ready to come back to my internship. And the day started okay because I went with one of my mentors to do an air quality inspection. But now I'm here at my desk again doing nothing and I want to sleep.

Two. More. Weeks.

I should be starting my poster or something. I don't even know. My poster is going to be some serious bull sh** but maybe I can make it look really cool or something. I just wish I didn't have to stand around and actually present this sh**. If this place is just as dumb as my high school was, maybe I can get away with sneaking out, walking around the building until time ends instead of standing near my poster. >:)

Mwah ha ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment