Saturday, July 5, 2014

Independence Day.

Happy Fourth of July!

Today wasn't a really eventful day but Independence Day is my favorite holiday. Probably because it's a stress free holiday. You don't have to worry about cooking food or buying gifts or calling family and friends. You can just go buy a hot dog or hamburger or ice cream and spend time outdoors, if you want. And then, if you want, you get to see a free viewing of fireworks. It's such a really chill holiday. And red, white, and blue is such a nice color combination.

Usually, our family goes to D.C. to view the fireworks or we do nothing at all for Fourth of July. For the past few years, we've been doing the latter. But today, we decided to watch a firework viewing at the University of Maryland. We've vaguely knew about it for years but we had never gone even though it's just minutes from our house.

We got there around 7:00 PM and it wasn't even that full. We were able to park in the lot and we went to the main area where there was music and food. I bought a funnel cake that got sickening really fast. But I ended up eating it all up by the time we left.

I saw a bunch of people I recognized from school but it was only natural. The music was okay. It was fun and stuff. It made me wish my friends were there so we could make fools out of ourselves. But siblings are soo lame. And honestly, I always feel like it's 3 against 1 with them. Don't get me started with my youngest brother.

Anyway, we worried about our parking spot because we parked close to the entrance and not the main area where everyone was. But it turned out that where we were was the most perfect spot to view the fireworks. It was SO perfect, in fact, that my siblings and I had to step back in fear of getting hit by a spark of firework. None actually got that close to us but there were sparks that landed in the parking lot soo.

It was nice but the ending was pretty anti-climatic.

This post feels so pointless. It was pretty uneventful. I'm telling you. But it was nice.

Buh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment