I just have a day and a few hours left! I just have to get through the stupid Symposium and I'll be free.
But let's get real, you guys. No one is going to take "attendance". If I decide to hang out at the library for the rest of my hours, no one will know. My only problem is that I have to keep my poster hanging until 4 pm.
PSSHHH. That's dead. I'll probably come back at like 3:00 pm and just untack it and walk out. The best part is that my board is set up right near the door so leaving is going to be pretty easy.
I'm gonna probably go late too. I'll take my time to get there. I'm supposed to be there by 12:00 pm but I think I'll start walking at 12 pm or so. Maybe later. Then get there by 12:30. Stand around for an hour for my mentors to come. And then use the bathroom for the rest of the time. And by "using the bathroom", I mean getting out of there and doing whatever sh** I want to do.
So that's going to be fun.
What I should be doing is coming up with a thing to say in case someone decides to stop by my board. I should do that. That will be the right thing to do actually. I'll do that in a minute or so. After I waste time writing this post.
Tomorrow is my last day and we get to wear our intern shirts. Yes, we got our own t-shirts if I haven't mentioned it before. It's light blue and has a drawing of the James A. Webb Telescope on the back. And I wanted it to be in navy blue or the gray color that the guy who had sketched it had printed it out on. But it was printed on a light blue shirt and it's actually not too bad.
I also got a red mug which I'll surely be taking to Temple. It's not quite cherry red but it's close. So I'll be repping my internship and my school at the same time. I want to get one more mug. Probably a cutesie one. I also need to get cups and plates but that's something else all together.
I'm finally an A-Lister on my Kim Kardashian game. I didn't really elaborate on the fact that I have been playing the game. But yeah, I've been hearing about it for the past two weeks now and I saw my sister playing it about a week ago. It looked fun so I downloaded it for myself. And now I'm addicted and I play any chance I get, especially during my internship. I'm avoiding my phone now so that the energy can recharge and so that I can accomplish my next appearance.
I just ate a beautiful cake. I came to my internship with no money, three cookies, and some grapes to last me the entire day. But thank God above, I was blessed with half a donut at this intern power point presentation I went to and just not too long ago, one of my mentors gave me this brown cake with pink icing and it was good.
So now I'm full with what I'll call lunch and if God decides to bless me even more, there will probably be snacks at the symposium.
I'm wearing my flowery sun dress that I got from Charlotte Russe and I always get looks for the guys when I wear this dress. I wore this dress to the mall and a guy called me beautiful. I wore this dress once on the first week of my internship and that's when I talked to that South Asian guy from UPenn. And I wore it today and I've noticed more guys looking at me than I ever have before. I'm not conceited. But I just noticed, okay!
Seriously, though. All I have to do is wear a sundress and I get attention. It's just that easy.
I've got 30 more minutes to waste before I start heading out. I'm going to probably just use my phone inconspicuously as I pretend to do actual work.
I can't wait until I have my total freedom back. I'm going to go to the mall and start my college shopping. I'm going to watch movies with my siblings. I'm going to hang out with all my friends. I'm definitely going to sleep for hours on end. I'm even going to go the library. .
It'll be glorious.

No comments:
Post a Comment