I need to make this quick because I want to watch an episode of Orange is the New Black before I go to bed.
Today (or yesterday since it's almost 2 AM) was actually a pretty good day. When I got to work, I actually had stuff to do.
I did an indoor air quality investigation and my mentor wanted me to do a report so I had calculations and stuff to work on. Before I started on that, I went to my internship meeting.
It began as normal. I walked in to a conference room with a bunch of interns who decided to come extra early. Everyone was talking to each other like best friends and I awkwardly sat on the side. Then, I changed my mind and decided to find a seat at the table. I awkwardly looked around and checked my phone until a guy sat next to me. He proceeded to talk to me about my internship and stuff. And we just started chit chatting until the coordinator came.
His name was Matthew. I don't mind mentioning his name because in a few weeks I'll never see him again because he's going off to college in South Carolina. Yep. USC. These f***ing smarty pants. He's a cute white guy but kind of awkward and nerdy but in a good way. I was going to use him as a ride to get to Building 8 where there were going to be food trucks for the first hundred people who arrived. But that didn't happen.
At the meeting, the coordinator basically talked about the same sh** she always does. She's a nice lady though and she reminds me of someone or a combination of people. I don't know. I like her though. After the meeting, I had to talk to this guy (who was an intern) about taking my intern photograph. I keep saying the guy's name in my head because I really like how his first and last name go together. He's a really nice guy too and really professional. I missed my original photograph appointment which was yesterday so I scheduled one for today.
Then, I took my bike and headed over to Building 8 for a free cupcake because I was sure as he** about to get a cupcake. The other food tuck was called Takorean and I'm guessing it's some taco and korean food merged thing. I don't know. The line was too long so I decided to just get my cupcake and go.
I got myself a free red velvet cupcake. It was good.
For the rest of the day, I worked on my practice lab report. Then, I went back to the where the food trucks were stationed so that I could try out the Takorean. Even though it had been two hours later, they were still giving out free tacos. And I got myself three sexy chicken tacos. It was extremely messy and I couldn't go back to my Building because I only had my bike and I didn't wanna risk messing up my taco. So I ate it at some nearby bench. I probably looked so ugly eating my tacos and I kept getting bugs on me and I was sweaty and gross. It wasn't very pleasant so I ended up wasting one of my tacos.
After that, I went on a tour of a building where they were building a satellite that's going into space in March. I think it's called the MMS. It was pretty cool. There was this dude with a mop of curly blonde hair that I thought was cute. The tour lasted like 15 minutes so there was no way I would've been able to talk to him nor would I have even if the tour was more than 15 minutes.
I left and went back to my Building after the tour and tried to finish up more of my lab report. Then, I left to go to the movies. I watched Deliver Us From Evil and I think it's been like my second or third demon movie and I can officially say that I hate demon scary movies. Not only are they not scary, but they make me feel uncomfortable. Even though I'm still struggling with my beliefs, I still feel like movies like these are totally inappropriate for someone who is a Christian. Not to mention, I think exorcisms are bull. But whatever.
I honestly think Christianity is simpler than people make it out to be. Not easier but simpler. Ultimately, I think it comes down to being a good person. It's really hard to be a good person. But that's it. We just need to respect other people and show compassion. You don't need to eat a certain way or go to church this amount of times a week or any of that. At least I don't think you need to.
I don't know. I don't know anything.
I'm going to go watch something now. Maybe rummage through the kitchen and get a drink and a snack.
Byee.
No comments:
Post a Comment