In a few days, I'll have to officially pick my major and my schedule for the semester that would begin my years in college. And I am utterly confused and frustrated as to what I want to do.
I think I've made the decision to major in Information Science and Technology with a minor in Public Health or Biology. Now, it's what's next that I can't fully wrap my head around. For the past few months I've been telling myself that I don't want to go to medical school. I didn't want to spend my the entirety of my youth in medical school. I didn't want to spend so much money going to school for a profession I'm not passionate about. I've been so deterred by the money and the time consumed that I didn't realize how much I truly do love learning about medicine and if I could do that for the rest of my life, I know I'd trruly be happy.
But because I want to go the easy, rich route. I've been thinking about computers/technology. I do love technology, don't get me wrong. But when I read about the prospective careers I could have, either they sound boring or they require a degree that I don't want to spend time getting. For example, I've been looking into software developing. It sounds cool and all but I already know that I loathe math and theories. I don't think I can subject myself to four years of math in order to get a career that might possibly have a lot of theoretical math in it.
I don't know...
And now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have given up my dreams of being a biomedical engineer so early.
It's really frustrating. I want to make enough money so my parents can be proud of me but I also want to do something that I'd love to do for the rest of my life. I also don't want to go into debt and I also don't want to waste my youth. Help me! Somebody! Help!
I had green tea and I went from being slightly more awake to crashing and burning. I want to sleep. But I can't. I need to just figure my life out.
I want to type more but I'm so stressed out.
No comments:
Post a Comment