Yesterday, it was SO hot and SO humid. I wanted to die. I was planning on wearing shorts but on my weather app, it said it was going to rain. And I decided that it was probably not a good idea because ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, whenever I decide to wear something actually summery, the weather decides to f*** me up and rain or get cold or something. Since I was not going to be made a fool this time, I decided to wear a t-shirt and actual pants.
It was a big mistake. It didn't even rain until I got home around 6 PM.
When I went to school for graduation rehearsal, I waited outside with a friend ("my father") because no one had even gone in yet. It didn't get bad until a little later. Just a little later. I met up with my friend who was always late for everything and she was wearing this cute romper with her hair up. And there was me with my thick skinny pants and my weave on my shoulders. She was waiting for her mom to bring back breakfast for her so I decided to be a good friend and wait. Oh, did I tell you that my friend gets her lateness from her mom?
So I was waiting outside in the burning heat before my friend got her breakfast.
Stuff happened before then. Like, I finally got to meet this Spanish guy that I've always wooed at whenever I saw him in the hallway. He wasn't a huge crush of mine but he had magnificent long black hair and he was always at the library. It was really fascinating to me because you hardly ever see Hispanic guys who lik how he does who actually seem to care about school.
But he knew a friend that I had been talking to (not the same one in the romper) and he was just talking to her about prom and I guess he didn't go. And then, he mentioned graduation and said he was so nervous. And he revealed it was because he was first-generation and he just couldn't wait to get his tickets for his grandmother and I just wanted to die because he was the sweetest thing. And then, we left him. But aww. I'm so glad I got to "meet him", kind of, before the actual end.
Anyway... After my friend got her breakfast, we went into the auditorium where we got our seating cards. I found out I was in the row of distinction and really, that's all I wanted. Which is sad because while one of my friends (who was sitting next to me) had been waiting all of high school just to graduate. I was just going through high school just because it was the right thing to do. I had already given up my goal of being valedictorian and by senior year, my only goal was to at least be in the row of distinction. Not to get my diploma. But to sit closer to the stage than everyone else.
So that was nice. Except I got a bit annoyed because I was trying to figure out the arrangement and I thought they had been doing it by GPA and so I was upset that I wasn't even in the first or second row. But I realized that the girls in the row of distinction had been arranged my alphabetical order backwards. The guys, on the other hand, were arranged my GPA. And The Guy was in the fourth seat in the first row, meaning this guy was hella smart. Like, way smarter than I had ever realized. In what world is it fair for someone to be ridiculously good looking, athletic, and intelligent?
Whatever.
Anyway, we had to go to the gym where we actually practiced walking in for graduation. The actual rehearsal was such a blur to me. The woman organizing everything who was talking to us kept talking and talking. And I couldn't really hear her and so I blanked out. Instead, I was fixated on getting my Grad Night t-shirt (in a size small) before everyone else would get theirs (and before all the girls would take all the smalls).
Finally, I was able to creep over there while everyone was still sitting down and getting lectured by the woman. I cut in line a few times and I got my t-shirt, in my size, and it was glorious. I also got my yearbook, which was the ultimate struggle to get. Ugh. I'm not even a claustrophobic person but it was just soooo hot and people's bodies were SO close.
Oh, and the yearbook was something else. The mistakes in the yearbook are SO bad that it's actually comical. Even though I don't want to have children, I think I'd make the exception just so I could point out the nonsense that was the yearbook. I seriously should've done yearbook club. Because of internship, I really missed out and I'm pretty sure I would've done a better job with at least editing. Wow.
Anyway, after that, I got my cap and gown, my graduation tickets, and my NHS sash. And I got my yearbook signed by all my friends.
A lot of people got screwed over by the school though. People had mystery fines show up and therefore, couldn't get their cap and gown. People who had PAID their fines. People who never even had fines! Those people had to wait until the end of the school day to get their stuff. I thank the Lord I didn't have to deal with that but it would've sucked.
I have the type of friends who wait around for EVERYTHING. Like, we were one of the last seniors to leave the school. So eventually, after minutes beyond minutes of waiting, my group of friends went off to go watch Godzilla. That was a fantastic movie by the way. I can't tell if the acting was good or not. If it was too cringe-y, I would've noticed. But really, what made the movie was the action. Like that humongous praying mantis looking thing that could FLY. That blew my life. And then, Godzilla with his fire-breathing. It was just too awesome!
It was one of those movies that make you get your mind off of things. I love action movies.
After that, all the guys in our group left, and then, it was just my girl group of friends. I met my best friend from elementary school at the mall and it was amazing. She said she was going to be at graduation so I'm going to make sure I take pictures with her. We walked around the mall and went to TJ Maxx to look for graduation dresses. And then, one of my friends got a call from another friend about a group of guys we know that hang at the steps we all hang out at.
I knew the guys. Some, if not all, had signed my yearbook even. I thought they were sweet guys. Immature, for sure. But sweet and funny. But they all had a serious problem with flirtiness. As in, almost all of them had girlfriends but they act super flirty and touchy with other girls who are not their girlfriend. It's so bad that one of them even gropes my friend (like boob grabbing) in front of his girlfriend. The problem is that their girlfriends are so meek and quiet that they don't say anything and they think they can get away with it.
So what happened with the girl that called me friend is that she was going steady with one of the guys at the steps. To be honest, I thought the guy was gay or at the most, bisexual. But I remember he was absolutely sweet to me when we all hung out at the park this one time and I thought he was just being nice but I guess he was being flirty. (lol.) But I digress. The girl finds out that the guy she had been going steady with had been cheating on his girlfriend (from some other school, I guess) with her. And I guess she brings it up with the guys at the steps and they say something so SO stupid. SO SO Stupid. I can't remember exactly what but it goes something like, "If we can get other girls, it doesn't matter who we're going out with." But in more cruder terms.
It was such a crazy thing to hear amidst all the news of the Santa Barbara shooter. There had been a whole bunch of talk of feminism and misogyny... How guys believe they deserve sex from women. It's one of those things that I have acknowledged is present in the world. In some places more obvious than others. But you would think that the people you are friends with would have such a better view of women. But apparently not.
One of the guys broke up with his girlfriend. I don't know if I mentioned it in a previous post but I saw it coming after an incident that happened on our last day of school. A group of us had gone to Subway after the senior picnic and this guy had gone with this white girl with blonde hair who was not his girlfriend. Eventually, his girlfriend showed up at Subway and she was just standing there talking to him. She looked upset and I brought it up with my friend. He didn't even offer his girlfriend a seat. She eventually leaves and later, after the Subway people started cooking onions, prompting some of us to go outside, I saw the girlfriend outside of a nearby store talking with another friend and she still looked upset.
It was so obvious what was happening and I felt bad for her because it wasn't like this was the first time.
Ugh. What is wrong with some guys?!?!?!?!?!?
Anyway, I'm at home alone. Well, not anymore because my brother came home. But I got a friend request from a guy who's going to Temple University and I'm sure is in the Honors program. I checked out his profile and he seems like a smart guy (got accepted into Cornell apparently) and he's a cutie. But he has a girlfriend and I'm having these vibes that he may be a weirdo but who knows. His friend number doesn't match his attractiveness so I'm thinking he just started Facebook, maybe he doesn't use Facebook a lot, or has some social issues. But I'm guess it's the first one.
I really hope he's not a creep. The last time I added someone who was allegedly from Temple, I found out I had been communicating with some guy who had some S&M fetish.
We'll see.
I wanted to cook something but my mom pissed me off earlier today. I was so deep in sleep that I missed the UPS man who was supposed to drop off something for her. I went to bed at like 5 AM last night so I didn't wake up until like 11:30 or something. That's probably the longest I've slept, I think, in a while. Whatever. I'll just wash some dishes or something. Maybe if I'm really in the mood, I'll try making vegetables.
Graduation is tomorrow though. My graduation gown makes me look fat though. And it was only yesterday that we were told we could wear black shoes. So now I have these tan wedges that I already ripped the tags off of and I want black shoes. I have black shoes but only one would actually go with my outfit and that actually fits and I don't want to wear them.
Maybe if I do something nice for the house, my mom would let me go. I think I might need a bathing suit too. I don't know. I need to take a shower. Whenever I take a shower, my head is more clearer.
No comments:
Post a Comment