Here's what I have so far:
- My dress
- My ticket
- Make-up artist
- Hair doer
- Shoes... Kinda
- Transportation
I still need to buy my hair and figure out a style. My shoes still need to come in but I have back-up shoes. I still need to book the appointment for my hair. And I need to get my color matched for foundation. So the thing about transportation is that I just finalized what I'm doing today and I'll be lying to myself if I said I wasn't disappointed. I finally got myself another group to ride in a limo with and I decided not to do it. You know why? Because of my friend.
My friend got her prom ticket, got her dress, got her hair, booked an appointment for her her and make-up, and then found out a few days ago that she may not even get to go to prom because she had absolutely no transportation for prom or even to go to the places to get her hair and make-up done for prom.
I talked about how all her other friends basically abandoned her. I don't know exactly what happened. But in the end, she had no transportation to prom. A week ago, I thought she had finally got it figured out. There was a girl she was going to go with that could have provided her make-up and transportation but that failed.
So she came to me about it. And at that point, I think I had just canceled with my second group because they had decided they weren't going to do a limo anymore and I didn't want to carpool with the parents of people I didn't even know. So I had already decided that my mom was going to drop me off at prom. And I figured that her mom would drop her off for prom.
But then, somehow all her plans began to fail. Apparently, my friend's mom couldn't take her to even get her make-up done. And she didn't even have transportation to even go to prom. So I asked her if she wanted to get a ride with me and my mom and she said, "Yes". And we began planning for that.
THEN, on Saturday, I get a text from some friends that their group was thinking about upgrading their limo so that there was enough space for me to be included. I was ecstatic. I was soo happy. And I thought God had opened up this opportunity for me. It would've been only $68. I would've just given the money to my friend who would've picked it up from my house. And it would've been all good. I asked my friend if she wanted to be in the limo group. And my friend reveals to me (okay, not reveal because she has been saying it from the beginning) that she has noo money.
And I start making plans for this limo without her even though I knew it was kind of wrong in the back of my mind. Then later that day, the plans for THAT limo group fails on me. Apparently, they were having trouble even finding people to fill up like a 16-group limo and so I basically crossed that out and made up my mind to just go with my friend like I had originally planned.
THEEEEEEEN, my friend (who has the limo group) texts me on Sunday night asking if I still wanted to do the limo thing. This is while I'm talking on the phone with my friend, planning our own thing. And my friend is just complaining and complaining about how she basically has no idea what she's doing for prom.
Like, her situation really sucks. My friend, who I'll call O, is basically doing everything for herself. She booked her hair and make-up appointment and she bought her own hair. But she has no transportation to get her make-up done. There's no bus stops where her make-up lady is and the nearest one is an hour way. Also, she has no money to even buy a bus or cab to get there. And my friend also tells me she doesn't even have money to get her nails done. And then she ultimately tells me that she's thinking about just selling her prom ticket and I feel bad because she wants to go and it's not fair that she can't.
It really put things into perspective. Even though my parents aren't rich, they have the time and money to drive me anywhere to get what I want for prom. My dad would have quickly dropped the money down to buy a limo for prom just for myself. I don't have to worry about getting transportation to just get my make-up done. I don't have to think about money to get my nails done. It's all my parents. And here's my friend who's already giving up on even going to prom just because of transportation. It really sucks. And I guess my mom being the transportation was her blessing.
So here's what happened. Even though my limo group slot opened up, I shot my friend down the following morning because I realized that the right thing for me to do was to just go with my friend like we had originally planned. But I was bitter. And admittedly, I am still bitter. If I had just gone with this limo group, I would've had a nice place to take pictures, I would've taken cute pictures with a large group of people, I would've seemed like I actually had friends, and I would've gotten to ride a limo! Now, I'll be taking pictures in front of my cruddy house with only one friend and I'll be getting transported to prom in a black Sequoia. How sad is that?
At first, I didn't think much of it. I keep telling myself prom is no big deal. But then I've seen all these prom pictures of people I knew from back at my old high school and they really went all out. I mean, not ALL out. But I see people with their big entire group of friends, and posing all beautifully outside and I'm not going to have that because my friend is in the situation she's in. I HAVE the money. I actually have good friends who don't want to abandon me. Why do I have to suffer?!
Ugh... I keep reassuring myself that I'll be able to take my beautiful group pictures once I actually get to prom but there's really no guarantee. I don't want to post sad prom pictures on Facebook. God, please don't let it be that way.
I also keep reassuring myself that I'm doing the right thing. My friend and I had planned to go to prom together since sophomore year. And by doing this, I'm letting her even have the opportunity to go to prom. I know you're supposed to do good because you want to do good, but I'll be lying if I said I hope I get something good out of this. Even it's just a grand old time, that would be enough for me.
I wonder if my parents think I'm a loser though. I never told my mom about my third limo group plan. But if she heard that it failed once again, she'd most likely think I was a loser. I'm glad I didn't tell her. But maybe after prom, I'll tell her. I also need a good camera...
I heard it was going to rain on Friday. Why am I not surprised though?
My shoes are coming tomorrow according to the UPS tracker so I'm excited for that. And I need to go book my hair appointment today. Maybe I'll do so after this post.
Other things I have to do today:
- Take a shower
- Clean out my room
- Go to UMD
- Take my placement tests
- Clean out the kitchen
Let's see what actually gets done.
Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers that prom goes beautifully. I hope I dance. I hope I have fun. I hope I take a bunch of pretty pictures.
I'm hope by myself if you didn't know that. It feels so nice. I'm listening to Kings of Leon. I have soaps on the television that I'm looking at but not really watching. And it's my favorite time of the day. Actually, noon is my favorite time of the day. But 2 is not too far away from 12 so yeah...
I'll leave it at this.
Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment