Saturday, May 17, 2014

Official Last Day of High School.

Today was a disappointing day. But I can honestly say that right now, I feel relieved. I feel a bunch of other emotions. But relieved is in the top 5 somewhere.

Before I get to you about my day, I'll just let you know that my grades are in for fourth quarter and they kinda suck. But they suck less than they should be considering how much I loafed this quarter.

The worst grade is my grade in AP Lit. And I got a 79.76, which rounds to an 80. But God bless because I got 50s and 70s in everything. I'm just like whatever. Good riddance to you, teacher.

I actually don't think I got above an 80 on ANY of my finals. But my worst final was probably in Organic Chemistry and I got a 50. But I passed that class with a 96 so I'm not even tripping. Finding my unknown siced my life and also siced my grade. 

In AP Biology, I got the lowest grade I've ever gotten in a science class (not including Physics) and I got a 88. I really loafed in AP Biology even though it's one of my easiest classes. It was mostly because I failed to turn anything in and when I did turn things in, it was half-assed. But I was looking through all my test scores and I NEVER got anything lower than an 80% even though I almost ALWAYS studied on the bus ride to school. On my final, I got somewhere in 60s. I honestly could've gotten at least a 90 if I had just finished all my warm-ups or done test corrections for this one test. I'm really kind of annoyed about that. I would've had all As and one B if I hadn't f***ed up. Man, fourth-quarter senior year was not my best of times.

In AP Stat, I clutched a 91. I probably could've done better. I don't care. I got an A soo.

And my RP teacher finally put in the correct grades for everything and I officially have an overall A in Research Practicum. Okay, it's actually an 89.51 but my grade is where it should've been since 2nd quuarter.

So basically, my final grades are all As except for a B in AP Lit. And now all is well with my world.

Well, almost.

So I went to the senior picnic. The night before, I dropped off my research paper file to have it bound and picked up by the next day. I was planning on printing my abstract and final report in the morning before 8:30, but I missed my bus and my dad dropped me off super late because he was getting ready and all my siblings were going on field trips so they were all in the car too.

Not only did I miss the bus, it was pouring outside so I didn't get to wear the cute shorts I had bought the day before. And I was already annoyed when I got to school. So basically, I was "late" but the senior picnic hadn't even started when I got there. People were just getting their IDs checked and going in. And once I got in, I saw that everyone was just standing or sitting around in their little friend groups and doing nothing. 

Later on, inflatable things started getting pushed into the gym (where the senior picnic was being held) and a lot of time was spent blowing those up. So I figured I could just use the time and print my sh** out. I get stopped by a whole bunch of admins and stuff who tell me I can't go and then, I get a little pissed off because it's not like we were doing anything.

Kids were so bored that a bunch of guys decided to put their chairs together and sit side by side and have another guy attempt to jump over them. It was funny to see the attempt but it failed and then a teacher came and broke it all up. After that, we started playing with balloons because we were that bored. 

Finally, the inflatable things were finally inflated and there was a rock climbing wall, some giant swinging ball thing, and a relay obstacle course looking thing. I didn't do the rock climbing wall thing because I didn't want my lack of upper body strength to make a fool out of me. I didn't do the swinging ball thing because I just didn't. I did the obstacle course one like three times though and it was fun, I guess. 

We had food and music. The food wasn't too bad. There were meat sandwiches but I'm not really a meat-eater so I didn't eat that. I didn't really eat any of the food, to be honest. But I probably should have because I paid a lot of money for it. 

I took a picture with a group of my friends. And I'll post it if I remember. But here's some pictures I got on my phone:




Please excuse my greasy face. 

So yeah... It was kind of lame. I would've rather stayed home and slept. It was only fun because my friends were there and even so, I was done. My friends kept dancing and kept trying to make me dance. And eventually, this happened when they were dancing:




A crowd of people circled around them and it was just really embarrassing but funny at the same time. 

So after all the hooplah, I had to just leave because I was done with being in the gym and also, I had to go pick up by sh** from Staples. I was supposed to have a friend drop me off in his car but he had his own agenda. So even though there were supposed to be security blocking the entrances for the seniors to leave, I just left on my own accord. And I didn't even tell my friends. 

I was really just stressed out and done. Plus, as I was on my way to Staples, I got a text from my teacher saying that I need to get my papers in by 3:30 PM or she'll have to put in 0s and I will not graduate from Science and Tech. So that stressed me out even more and I felt a burning hatred for my administrator who wouldn't let me go leave and print out my stuff in the first place.

I got to Staples, paid for my bound paper, caught a bus back to school, and printed my abstract and final report and made it to my teacher by 3:20 PM. 

I went outside, planning on merely saying bye to my friends (and getting my umbrella because I had left it), and going home because like I said, I was done and I was beyond done once I got back to school. But noo. Everyone wanted to go see a movie. And I made excuses saying I had no money (which I didn't) but I didn't wanna just tell them that I f**ing did not want to hang out today. I just needed to take a shower, take a nap, drink juice, and get my mind of off things.

But no. I ended up going across the street and hanging out a Subway with a thousand people for an hour or two. And eventually, the workers started cooking onions in an attempt to get us to leave. And eventually, everyone left and we all waited at the bus stop. We were in a large group of about 12, I'll say. And we were all basically going in the same direction but some people were going to the movies, some people were going over to someone else's house, and my friend and I were just trying to go home. 

I eventually got home and my brother's piano teacher was there so I ended up falling asleep on the couch, all greasy and all. And after some time, I eventually found my way to my bed. I've been having back problems since two days ago after I found myself rushing back and forth to turn in a paper. And the back problems have been aggravated by sleeping on my bed. In fact, each time I sleep on the bed, the back pain (which had started a bit on the left side of my body) has been slowly reaching my spine. And it's in like, my diaphragm right now and I can't breathe. But basically what I'm saying is that I haven't felt calm until now. I've finally taken a shower, and I have a pillow against my back, and I ate some salad (the first real meal I've had all day). Eventually, I'll steal one of my brothers' headphones and do my nebulizer and I'll be all good.

Best part of all, I don't have to go to church tomorrow. I like to hear the word of God at church and all but that place drains the living out of me. I always get super tired right as the sermon starts and I always have to put on a fake smile and greet people that I don't want to greet. It's like every Saturday morning, I'm putting on my fake Christian girl outfit to be prepared for another morning of fakeness. It really shouldn't be that way though but I'm sorry it is. 

Anyway, we're not going to church tomorrow because we're going for a doctor's appointment and I'm not really sure why but my dad though it would be a good opportunity to get my back problems check. That's okay with me. 

So next week is prom and my friends want to organize a day at the movies and a day at the pool. I really do want to go to the pool. It'll probably just be like $5 tops. I wouldn't have minded a day at the movies but my friends all want to go to the extremely expensive movie theater and they don't realize that money is a struggle right now. Do they not realize that I've spent so much money in the past few weeks paying for senior year things!? I'm reluctant to ask my dad for even more money.

So I guess I'll just step my foot down and tell them I can't go to the movies but I'll go to the pool. 

That's it for now, I guess. There's things I'm leaving out for my own sanity. But tomorrow, I must complete my placement tests. I must. I must. I must. 

Oh and I forgot to mention that my internship raised the pay and I'm getting $2100 instead of $1800. So even though I'm working a 9 to 5. I'll be making $8.75 an hour which is way more reasonable than $5.00 an hour (from what I calculated) and I'm ecstatic. Did I mention this already? Maybe I did. I don't care. I'm happy. 

I'm definitely going to buy my parents gifts for putting up with me these past few years and I'm definitely using  about $200 of this money to buy myself a new wardrobe. And I'm definitely using this money to go to Six Flags with the people. That's if they wanna go. And maybe I'll put away a few dollars for a festival or concert. 

And best of all, my internship at NASA Goddard looks sexy on my transcript.

Now this is actually all for now. This won't be my last post even though today is officially my last day of high school. I'll post throughout the summer but once college starts, I'm either making a new blog or doing something different to document my college years. Most likely a new blog or maybe I'll start up an anonymous Tumblr...? We'll see. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment