So as you can see from the title of this blog post, today is the day before prom and today was a pretty eventful day.
I started out my morning taking pictures for my mom who was going to work later. Then, she dropped me off at the nail salon to get my nails done. My friend's mom was supposed to be drop us both off at 11 AM but my friend's mom was being a loaf. So I didn't really get start until like 1.
When I got there, I was really indecisive. I had a style in mind to do but then my friend kind of talked me out of it. It was a black and possibly burgundy or silver sparkly ombre thing and she told me how her sister said black was a no no. And I decided to do nude and pink nails with a silver accent nail. They came out looking cute and all but they don't match my burgundy dress at all but since my nails are neutral looking, I still think they look fine. My mom still hasn't seen them so I wonder what she'll think. She probably expected I got something with a design on it but she should know me by now and know that I go by simple.
They really are cute nails. I do have a few qualms because I'm me. They kind of hurt and they get in the way. Like, I couldn't do the dishes without risking breaking a nail. So I bribed my brother to do it. I also can't scratch places without fearing my nails will come off. Ugh. I don't like this whole acrylic idea at all. But whatever. Let them last until graduation at least.
After that, my friend and I decided to go to the mall because she wanted undergarments and I realized I needed undergarments. Today was UMD's graduation or "commencement", as was written on some of the shuttles. And so everyone was dressed in their graduation robes and it was really beautiful. But I saw people dressed in graduation robes yesterday and I thought yesterday was graduation so it really beats me. But yeah, because of that, none of the shuttles that we could've took were running so we ended up spending money to go to the mall and I basically paid for her.
We went to TJ Maxx, Target, and Marshalls. We couldn't find the undergarment section in TJ Maxx so we just left. At Target, my friend found underwear. I should've at least bought underwear but I wasn't about to spend money. I was mostly on the look for a strapless bra but everything was like $16 which was crazy to me and I couldn't even find my size in anything. I don't even know my bra size. I THINK I'm like a 34C but who knows for sure.
She bought her underwear among some other things and I bought a loofah and gum. Then, we went to Marshalls where underwear was cheaper. I saw a rack for strapless bras but nothing in black and nothing strapless but I should've bought underwear. I just realized I haven't done laundry and I'm incapable of doing laundry now because of my nails. I mean, I could put a load in but that's it. No transferring wet clothes into a dryer. Too risky.
But tomorrow, my mom is off from work so we'll probably buy underwear and stuff then. We'll also get my foundation matched tomorrow. Then, I'll probably take two showers that day. One in the morning and one before I begin my make-up. The first one will be my shaving shower. I'll take the second shower around 4 PM and that will be clean up all the grease shower.
I'll steal my mom's new Victoria's Secret lotion and use it. Then, I'll dress in my strapless bra and new underwear and get ready to do my make-up and have my hair styled. That would be at 6:30 PM. Then, I'll get ready and I'll probably be finished by 7:30 PM. I'll take pictures with the family and then pick-up my friend. We're debating if we should go to my aunt's neighborhood to take pictures. But I'm looking at the time and it's probably not a good idea. My mom will drop us both off at prom and we'll take pictures outside of prom. And that will be it...
Then, I'm going to IHOP after prom with the friends. My friend and I were planning on going bowling but I realized how complicated that would be, especially if I want to go with my entire group of friends. My friend is really stressing on this after prom thing even though it's the least of my concerns. I kind of figured that after prom would be a spontaneous thing and it'll be figured out by then. The issue with her is that her main group of friends aren't really acting like friends so whatever they do, she probably won't be included in. My main group of friends will most likely include me in their plans so I'm not worried. She doesn't really talk with my main group so even though she can tag a long with me, I can see her issue with doing that.
Anyway, tomorrow will be an interesting day. I really hope things go smoothly. I really hope I look nice. I hope my dad doesn't say anything about the shortness of my dress. Maybe I should get sheer panty hose... I hope no arguments break out. And I hope people are just chill with everything. There's really nothing to get in a tissle about though. If everyone does their one job, everything will be fine.
By the way, my mom got the most beautimous bag ever at DC's Farmer's Market. It's such a unique looking clutch. It's silver and kind of small but the clasp has these ring-like spaces that you would put your fingers in and they have skulls and bejazzles on top and omg. It's so me. It's wonderful.
I got two silver bracelets. One watch bracelet and the other is a regular bracelet and they came in a set with earrings and a necklace. Both I would probably never wear. Especially those earrings.
I have my dress which I loved when I first put it on but now I don't know. I'm going to love it unconditionally though. I think that with my new hair (yep, got that done), it'll look beautiful. By the way, my hair is in like these mermaid waves and they go all the way down my back. I think it makes me look really girly and I really like it except for the fact that the hair gets in my face too much which is hella annoying.
I got my shoes. One of my most favorite parts besides the bag. The shoes are sparkly silver and they are five inches high and if I fall wearing them, I'm going to cry but I guarantee that I will trip at least once at prom. Especially because my dress drags on the floor. There's really no walking backwards and I have to always have my hands on my dress but that's good for me because it shows off the fact that I do have a high-low dress.
I'm definitely going to try on everything tonight though. Just to make sure it's all good.
I think that's it.
I pray to God that tomorrow goes perfectly. Or as perfectly as it can.
No comments:
Post a Comment