Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Day After Prom

So after stressing myself out, paying loads of money, and going through a whole bunch of crazy, PROM is finally over.

I'm glad it's over but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Yesterday, I got my strapless bra, some cute underwear, and I even got a phone case for my phone. I got a powder matched for me and looking at the shade made me realize how dark I got over the span of two weeks. And this is just from walking outside! It's actually crazy. I guess I just need to maintain my color now and wear a bunch of sunscreen this summer. I'm planning on doing a bunch of stuff this summer so I know by the end, I'll probably be REALLY REALLY dark. But I know I'll just get lighter again once winter starts so I'm not too concerned.

Around 6:30, the lady came to do my make-up and she was really nice. This is the look she did on me:



I can't say I loved it. I thought the eye-shadow was nice but she made the eyeliner under my eye way too thick and I hate the lipstick. She contoured my face too but I can't help but notice how black it looks. But whatever. It came out good in some pictures, I think. I should've just asked for a smokey-eye but I had NO idea what I wanted to do.

Anyway, that happened. I got dressed and my parents took a bunch of pictures of me. I don't have them with me but hopefully I remember to post them once I get them.

Then, we went to my friend's house where she was getting pictures from her sisters and friends. And when I came out of the car, they all came rushing over to me, gushing about my dress. Yeah, people really liked my dress by the way. They took pictures. My friend and I got in the car and we headed over to Camelot where the prom was being held.

We were fashionably late, I think. Or maybe not. Prom started at 8:00. We were there a little after 8:30. The people who actually came fashionably late came after 9:00 PM.

I found my friends and we all gushed over how gorgeous everyone was.



I don't want to go into all the details because it's a lot. We tried to find a table and we moved a few times but I realized that I could've just plopped my stuff at any old table because I never really sat down at ANY table much unless I was resting my feet or eating. And I ate in the beginning. The food was DELICIOUS too. I got chicken, green beans, rice, and some other stuff and it wasn't seasoned like white people food (if you know what I mean).


They had non-alcoholic pina coladas and I wanted to get one just to take a picture with it but by the time I got one, they didn't even use those nice glasses. They were using plastic cups so that was useless. I really didn't take as many pictures as I would like but I'm hoping all my friends who did take pictures would eventually send them to me.

The best part of prom was the dancing. Yes. I let loose and I danced all night. It was better because I was with my group and we were probably dancing really badly and awkwardly. I'm not even sure. But I was having so much fun. I realized that I didn't even get to explore the whole place because I was either on the dancefloor, at the table, or on the sides getting a drink.

I didn't really like all the music. They played all the basic hip-hop/pop songs that come on the radio. They played a little go-go which was good. They didn't play a whole bunch of throwback songs though. I wish they had. They played some other ratchet songs that I didn't like. But then, they also played carribean/african music and THAT STUFF PUT ME IN MY ELEMENT.

I wish I had danced towards the middle of the dancefloor but I knew what was happening there. I caught a glimpse but then, I probably would've actually danced with a guy. But my group of friends were on the outskirts but nevertheless, we still had fun. I had to take off my shoes towards the middle and of course, I had to hike up my dress. It got stepped on SO many times during prom but it was all good.

But by the end of the day, I got a bunch of stains on it.

No regrets.

After prom , I caught a ride with my friend's mom and we all went to IHOP.



And even though I didn't feel like eating, I had so much fun just chilling and chatting with the friends. I didn't expect there to be other prom groups there but of course, there was. Because IHOP is such a basic place to go after prom. So because of that, our food came extra late. I order pancakes before realizing I actually wanted something meaty and not sweet. But I took it home and crushed it for breakfast.

I realized that in almost all my pictures, I look sad but I really wasn't. That's just my face. LOL.

My dad and my brother picked me up at around 3:00 and I went home and slept. That was the end.

Prom was great but those four hours ended soo quickly. But this experience made me want to start going out more to parties and clubs. When I'm with my friends, I feel more free and fun. Like, I'll never be one to dance in  public for no reason. But when the occasion comes, I'll go all out. My parents are probably not gonna go for it now but once college starts, I'm going to parties and concerts and clubs when I get the chance.

I also need to start doing make-up more. My mom got this shade of foundation that was perfect for me at my current skin tone and it looks really good on me. I wore it out yesterday as I was going through the area looking for stuff for prom. And it made me look good even though I had absolutely nothing else but foundation and lip gloss on.

I used to stick my nose up at people who only care about "turning up" but honestly, I can't wait for college so I can get "turnt up" too. Without the alcohol and drugs, of course.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did get asked to an after prom party by this cute white guy. I'm not gonna mention his name though. To be honest, he was already asking my friend and I happened to come up to her as he was talking about it so I was included in his invite. I've spoke about this guy before, I'm sure. He was in my AP Chemistry class last year. His personality kind of reminds me of Justin Bieber. He's cool and all but a bit awkward because he's a bit of a try-hard. He went insane at prom and I thought he drank before coming but he revealed that all he drank were energy drinks. But I can't fault him. Everyone went all out today.

Anyway, my friend and I were looking at each other and we were trying not be lame saying, "Oh, we can't go because our parents wouldn't let us" but he got the message but continued to talk to us anyway. He's such a weirdo though, I swear. And he's an extreme flirt even though when he talked with us, he was really chill. He talked to us like friends.

I saw the girl he came with to prom and she's this junior who's gorgeous and Blasian (but there's something about her that makes me not like her). I saw her as the guy and her were both walking in but I didn't see her after that but I definitely saw the white boy. I guess she was just an accessory (for them photos) but I saw that happen with a lot of people who brought a date to prom. They came in together, took pictures together, but abandoned each other once everything began to start. ANYWAY, as I was saying, when he was talking to us, the girl was nowhere to be found.

He's one of those guys that you oggle at but you don't even try to pursue because you KNOW he messes around too much. I can't deny that if he had asked, I would've definitely made out with him. He hugged us good-bye and said he was going to sleep in his car before the after party and also said we'd see each other at graduation rehearsal. Yeah. That's if he's not talking to some other girl. It doesn't matter. The prom experience definitely brought me closer to my friends and I love them so much more now.

So yeah... I have to go wash dishes or something. I skipped out on church today and so I'm home alone. I just want to go back to sleep again but I don't want my dad to come home and wonder what I was doing for all these hours while the house is a mess.

BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment