Monday, August 6, 2012

Fist Pumping In New Jersey. [Part 2] And A Few Pumps For New York.

I had a list of everything I wanted to say but I forgot it in the car. Shame on me.

Let's start with what happened yesterday, shall we? So we ended up going to an outlet mall right across the street from our hotel. Oh my gosh. I LOVED the place. It's packed and huge. It was harder finding a parking spot than Costco. Maybe it's because I've never been to a place like that, but that mall was freakin' huge and had EVERYTHING. American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hot Topic, Forever21, H&M. Obviously, I didn't get to go to any of those places because I was with all my family members. But I really just wanna go back with a $200 gift card, to myself, by myself and shop with no one judging what I acquire.

It's essentially a tourist mall because the place was VERY multicultural. It wasn't just blacks, or just whites. It was every single ethnic group there. And I noticed that most of the white people weren't even native white people. They were foreign, speaking Italian, Greek, French, Turkey? I don't know. It's like that in the hotel we're at too.


I definitely saw some guido-like people. Not guidettes but guidos. But not to the extreme like on Jersey Shore or anything. But it was A LOT of American Eagle, Hollister, and Abercrombie T-shirts with tan skin and artistically shaved and gelled hair. I couldn't tell if they were Spanish or just really tan whites. I think a good amount of them were probably Spanish.

At the mall, I didn't get much except a school bag, some khaki skinny jeans, and a navy blue and white striped tank top. I got in a large but I wish I had gotten it in a medium because the arm holes are too big. But that's okay.

I hope my mom and I can go back to do some more back-to-school shopping in the morning, even though we're leaving, because I won't get those brands any cheaper anywhere else. There's a bunch of things I really wanna get online, preferably at Forever21 or AmericanEagle. I want a gift card SO bad.

Today, we went to New York because my parents have A LOT of people in New York. In fact, we only visited three families but there were 2 more families we were planning on seeing. That was an adventure in itself. The first family we saw lived on Long Island and live on the edge of a body of water. I was jealous because it was beautiful. The woman went to nursing school with my mom. So we ate lasagna over there and went to the park which was like a 10-minute walking distance away. Then we went to visit my dad's high school friend that he hadn't seen in like 30 years or something. They lived like an 8 minute drive away After that, we went to the Bronx to visit my mom's uncle's house. They all served food and I still went home and ate stuff though I didn't eat much.

I can't remember what else I had on my mind, if I even had anything else. There is one thing I wanted to talk about. It's a pretty somber thing actually and I'll post that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment