Saturday, August 18, 2012

Yeah. It's My Birthday. Woot.

I'm officially 16. Freakin' righteous, right?

I can finally go to the gym without parental supervision. Yes!

So, what is there to say? I'm 16 years old. Honestly, I didn't think about the age I turned as much as I probably should. Though we didn't do anything extravagant, I still felt special.


It was my mom's birthday too and I just realized now that I'm not sure if she even got an actual physical birthday gift. I told my dad when he asked what my mom would want for her birthday to just give her a Visa Gift Card. Not a gift card to any particular store but a Visa gift card. But I'm not sure if she got it or not. She usually gets a bag full of Victoria Secret stuff every year. He should've got her that too.

But my mom kept emphasizing that all she wanted to do is sleep. Which is what she is doing right now.

So I got a Samsung S for my birthday. Before I actually got the phone, I was skeptical about how much I was gonna like the phone. I knew it was pretty much my dad's old phone, which is practically my brother's "phone" now and whenever I have the phone, I'm not that obsessed with it.

But I got it today and I don't know, I just love it. Maybe because it's mine. It's a little different in that the color on the back is different. And I can download more apps. I also have Inception already downloaded on the phone. I'm not sure when I'm gonna have time to watch the movie but I've always wanted to watch it anyway.

I got a BUNCH of birthday cards but I only read two because I was so obsessed with getting my phone together. I finally have a phone I can show to people! But I won't. I can't trust NO ONE anymore.

I actually dropped the phone twice already. Luckily, I had a case on it. Sadly, it still chipped a bit on the side and that annoys me.


So we went to a birthday lunch at Old Country Buffet and it was not my most enjoyable meal but I still enjoyed it because we had fun. I only got one plate of food and then I got a cheesecake with chocolate ice cream on top. And then I got a small Rice Krispy, small brownie, and a sugar free cookie. It got bad after eating the chocolate ice cream on top of a cheesecake. Suddenly, the ice cream stopped tasting good so I ate the rest of the cheesecake and left the rest alone. And so I got the Rice Krispy and other stuff and the cookie tasted good at first but then suddenly, all the goodies tasted bad and blech.

My mom was having the same problem too but she wasn't feeling to well the few days prior so her appetite was already down.

Uh... so yeah. I went shopping for more clothes yesterday and my parents were making it seem as if we wiped out our whole bank account. Eh... I don't like the sound of that though I know we didn't go broke in a  days. It makes me not wanna spend anything for the rest of my life. Sike. But seriously, this is why I'm so obsessed with getting a gift card off the internet.

Anyway, I got another pair of shoes which were just some lace black flats. I don't wear flats and it's partly due to the fact that the ones I have hurt my feet and I don't know, I think they look kinda weird. I'm not sure. I had these ballet flats that I really liked when I was in 6th grade. My mom got them from New York and they were cute and comfortable but then I think I outgrew them and outworn them. I know I had another pair of black ballet flats that I wore probably in 7th grade or maybe 6th grade. But in middle school, I completely stopped wearing them except when I had to dress up and I usually wore heels if I felt comfortable in them.

Okay so yeah... I got a pair of flats because I wanted something new and they were comfortable when I tried them on and they were cute so yeah... My sister actually went to the store before me because I was doing my hair at the time and my mom picked out the same shoes for her. But my sister refused them and said that it was more like something I would wear. So I go to Ross, a few hours later. Note, my mom was off looking at clothes. And I pick these same ballet flats out. Weird, right?

I was actually looking for red canvas shoes, which I mentioned before. I was planning on getting them at Payless. But my mom and I went to Bare Feets since they had some Going Out of Business sign and we expected to have their prices marked off. Some of the shoes were marked down, some weren't.

I did see a pair of red Levi's canvas shoes that kinda looked like Vans but they weren't my size. Actually, there were probably 4 pairs of those shoes in the whole building, all in different places, all different colors. The only one that was in my size was a navy blue pair. And I really didn't want a navy blue pair since I had navy blue canvas' already. So that sucked. I was surprised. They had pretty up-to-date shoes but there was none that I really loved. I especially liked their colored skinny jeans but they were expensive so that put me down.

I got a dark gray hoodie, and a gray cardigan, and some light colored skinny jeans which I'll probably wear on the first day of school. The gray hoodie would've been better if it didn't have rhinestones on one arm but it isn't too extravagant so I don't mind too much. I liked the gray cardigan because it covered my wrists.

OMG I LOVE FIVE BELOW! DID I TELL YOU GUYS THAT? YEP, LOVE THAT PLACE.


They have these $5 t-shirts that I really liked but I didn't get any, partly because my favorite ones weren't in my size. And I didn't think my mom would buy it. We went to Five Below for an agenda book but the only ones they had were complicated agenda books for like moms or something. I don't know. So we're probably gonna have to go to Shopper's World or Target to get another one.

This is such a pointless post. Ha. My stomach hurts so I'm not very creative in the mind right now. Plus, CNN is on and it's covering the West Memphis trials. And the whole ordeal just angers me. I watched a documentary on it a while ago on E!. Still makes me very angry.

So let's talk about my phone again. Since it's an Android, I can use Google Play to download pretty much all of the apps that Apple iPhones have. So far, I've downloaded Instagram, Tumblr app, Temple Run (but it kinda sucks because none of my finger swipes work for some reason), Solitaire, and Pandora.

Instagram seems funner than I thought. Yeah... slowly un-f***-ing the mainstream. I took a picture of my feet (I was wearing teal skinny jeans and the black lace flats), a picture of my brother, and a picture of my sister. I messed with the settings and OMG, I had some type of mini-orgasm or something. Amazing. I think I'm gonna love the Pandora app. The Tumblr app seems pretty good. I think it's only fall-out is that I can't stop at the photo I was last on if I happen to get off the app and come back. I'm probably gonna download a bit more if I see anything cool. I'm psyched, you guys.


I was VERY apprehensive about going on Facebook to see my Happy Birthday posts. It's probably because I didn't say Happy Birthday to anyone except my close friends this past year. I was gonna just take my birthday off so that people won't know the date but I totally forgot about it. The only Happy Birthday posts I've seen are the ones in my messages and the one my friend texted me. From what I know, I have 12 Happy Birthday posts. Ugh. I'm definitely gonna hide it next year. I think I'll look at them tomorrow or something.

So yeah, I'll leave it at here. Happy Sixteenth to me and 839ru423th to my mother! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment