Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The First Day of School... Was Two Days Ago.

I have to type this as quick as I can because I have a bunch of homework to do. Like I've had these past two nights.

I was gonna have a first day of school post but that didn't happen because I had NO time to go on the computer for myself. It's stressing me out already. I have a quiz tomorrow in AP Physics already and I feel like I'm screwed so that means I'll be staying up until 1 AM once again and trying to get all the information down. With a few phone calls to my tutor.

I'm trying to get the rest of my homework done before 8 PM so yeah... That's the goal.

Okay, so I'm just gonna summarize the past few days, I guess.

My first class of the day is AP Computer Graphics and before, I was a bit apprehensive about it. I'm not sure why, but I didn't want to have that class in the morning. Maybe because I had it last period last year and I loved it. But I think I don't mind having it first period anymore.

This class stressed the LIFE out of me on the first day. Apparently, there was some AP summer homework and I totally forgot about it. And it wasn't something that you could just put together in one night. First, you had to go to a museum and take pictures and create a Power Point presentation as if you were giving a tour to some alien. I was so blown because I went to SOOOO many museums this summer and didn't take even ONE picture. And I couldn't BS it properly because she required that we have our faces in many of the artwork pictures.

Then, we had to take 100 pictures of a certain concentration we wanted to pursue for the class. So after taking a nap, I went outside in shorts and a t-shirt and went around the neighborhood taking pictures of EVERYTHING in sight and said that my concentration was "Ordinary Things". BS!

Those were the most stressful parts of summer homework. The other ones were making a Dropbox account and apparently, we had to upload certain projects we were worked on last year. Yeah, that didn't happen so  all my work is erased and gone from the computers. And the other was doing some research on concentrations and picking a list and writing why you like this concentration. That was easy to do.

The whole thing was 250 points. So my grade in that class went to D pretty quickly, I'm sure. Though she hasn't graded anything yet. But I was honest and sent her an e-mail about it and she was chill about it. Now that I don't have to worry about it, I'm psyched for the class.

My second class is AP Physics and that class flies by quickly. On the first day, I was sure that I did not like ANYONE in that class. Seriously, either I didn't know the person or I didn't like the person. But people started to chill out and I honestly don't mind it being the class that I just sit down in and leave. I hate that my assigned seat is in the back because I can't see CHIZ. But I guess I'll just come early and copy stuff down before class starts or something. I understand some stuff, I don't understand some stuff and I loathe that we are having a quiz this early and then I'm kinda glad we are. I don't know...

My third class is English Honors and when I first went there, I thought it was gonna be a bit ghetto. But as the days passed by, I realized that it's really not. I'm so stereotypical, I swear. The kids seem pretty smart and funny though I hardly know any of them. But they aren't obnoxious or anything from what I know. My friend from 8th grade is in that class so I was siced. The teacher reminds me of my Government teacher from last year but more serious and disciplined. In a good way. I think I'm gonna like this class.

My fourth class is World Government Honors and I didn't know a bunch of people in this class when I came in. I also came in a little late too so I got a seat right next to the door. Perfect. But we were given assigned seats the next day and I got a relatively good seat in the front where I could see. I like who I sit around for the most part. The teacher seems pretty fun and chill. I think I'm gonna like the class because I already like social studies anyway.

On the second day, my bag was SO freakin' heavy for no reason. I still can feel the soreness on the left side of my back because I thought it was cool to carry my bag on one shoulder. Yeah... heck no. I managed to bring a bunch of chiz I didn't need that day and forgot the stuff I DID need today. My life is so funny, you guys.

Fifth period, I have lunch and I sit with a girl I know and her friends. I don't know why I feel so bad at her table. Maybe it's the mix of not being comfortable with eating around people and also not being with the friends I'm comfortable with. I just feel depressed. And after fifth period, I just have a really raw mood for some reason. Or at least today, I did. It was just really bad. I can't even pinpoint why. Or maybe I can. But I won't say.

Anyway, I bought lunch Monday and Tuesday and I totally wasted my Monday lunch and I got a little bit of lunch on Tuesday and tried my hardest to finish it. Today, I just got a Rice Krispie and that's it. One good thing about lunch is that there's this really cute dude that I saw yesterday and today. So now I have my eyes on him. He's Spanish, very tall, has nice shoulder-length black hair, and exudes coolness. And I'll never speak to him in my life, but that's okay. I'm worried that he may be a freshman because I have never seen him at school in my life but I doubt it because he looks way older, even older than me. But there's a bunch of kids in my classes that I have never seen before at school but apparently, they've been going there. So...

Sixth period, I have Genetics and I think I like the class. The teacher is funny. I sit behind one of my friends. And it's a nice subject. The only problem is that I'm not supposed to have this class. Instead, I'm supposed to have AP Chemistry. And now I feel conflicted because I actually like the class and if I change to AP Chem, it'll just add on to the workload. I could just forgo the class for this year and take it next year but first of all, I'll forget absolutely everything I knew from Chemistry. And second and most importantly, I'll be like, the only senior in a class full of juniors if I do that which is not happening. I mean, I'm human just like all the other kids who are taking AP Chem, AP Calc, and AP Physics. If they can do it, then so can I. That's the mentality I'm trying to have this year. I'm also conflicted because there's this Sexy Asian in the class but I established today that I'm probably never gonna talk to him so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Seventh period, I have Spanish 2 Honors. I thought I was gonna be in a class with some level-headed, intelligent kids. Possibly more people my grade and I was going to enjoy. The reality is, I have this class with a bunch of underclassmen (mostly freshmen), Spanish kids, and kids I have no idea how they got into Honors. On the first day, I really didn't mind. They all seemed like chill kids so it was no problem. The second day, I realized how juvenile some of the kids are. Mostly the ones that sat around me. And I was annoyed. We are doing the same stuff we did in the beginning of last year so that's a bit annoying. I'm just waiting until senior year when I don't have to take this class anymore. I want absolutely no classes with underclassmen.

Eighth period is AP Calculus BC and that class is crowded. There are a few kids I know from my last math class but it doesn't really mean anything since I didn't talk to them like that. I don't know how I feel about the students in that class so I won't say anything. The teacher seems pretty cool. Apparently, he taught the guy who created Google back in the day. (Yes, the guy who created Google went to my school. Righteous, huh?) And he told us a little story about him and that was really cool. So far, the class is fairly easy but the homework is a lot. I got a good seat in the front so I'm glad about that. The class goes by SO fast so I'm happy very happy about that too.

So it's 7:19 and I was planning on finishing this post by 7:00 PM. I need to leave and get something done so BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment