There was a bunch of stuff I had to talk about but I waited to long to write it all down. So I'll just get out what I can remember.
I have a bunch of things I need today and I procrastinated so badly. I have to work on my mother's write-up that's due tomorrow, I have to study my math before my tutor comes, and I need to take a shower... I don't know if it's a lot or not but I feel overwhelmed.
I have about 10 minutes to type this thing because I'm gonna get my butt in the shower at 4:00 PM. Then I'll work on my mom's work for at least 30 minutes than I'll study until the tutor guy comes.
What else...? Well, I'm back from New Jersey. I've been back for three and half days now actually.
I came up with a little theory while I was at the Jersey outlet mall on Monday. Actually, I came up with it a little before then but I tightened a few loose bolts.
So remember in my last post how I said there was a bunch of foreign people at the hotel and in the area in general? Even most of the white people I saw were foreign white people. Okay, so I can't explain why there's so many at the mall. It might have to do with immigration back in the 19th and early 20th century and Ellis Island or something. I don't know. I could theorize that if I wanted but I don't have the energy or the time.
So I stayed at the Marriot's Residence Inn and if you've ever stayed at that hotel, you would know it's pretty much a small apartment. A living room, two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a dining room table. Pots and pans. Refrigerator and microwave. THE WORKS.
Foreign people like to eat foreign people. Get it? My parents are Nigerian and though we stay there because we have a big family (like most foreign families do), I know my parents like to enjoy a homemade meal of fufu and soup for dinner. And you can't make yourself some fufu and okra soup at just ANY hotel. So I guess it's the same with other families. They want to make and eat their foreign food in peace. So they all huddle up at these Residence Inns and it goes from there.
I'm a genius. Ha ha.
Okay, so on Monday, after packing the car up with all our luggages and such, we stopped at the outlet mall to buy our back-to-school clothes because they had polo shirts for $5 at Old Navy. And my parents were siced even though we had Old Navy back in Maryland. But I think they wanted to get their hands on the sale while they had the time.
I got two plain form-fitting shirts from Old Navy since they were 2 for $10.99. I got one in gray and one in red. I wanted to get this striped one but all the sizes were in XXXXL and up. Crazy, right? My mom and I went to this place called Cohoes to get my clothes. I got two jean pants, three shirts, and two cardigans.
I come home and realize that one of the jeans don't even fit me even though I got it in a size 5. I regret it SO much. I should've just tried them on. They were really nice black jeans though. I think it's my calves that got in the way. I have freakishly big calves. I'm just gonna have to lose weight to fit into that chiz.
My mom and grandmother complained that I got too much black when in actuality, I only got two black blouses and a black cardigan. I got a bright red polo to set the black off. And I got a blue cardigan too but I'm not sure what I would wear with that. I kinda wish I had gotten it in red or something. I don't know.
I still want to buy a few more clothes. I'm still thinking of my first day of school outfit. I'm planning on wearing my black blouse with jean shorts and white converse. First, I need to get my mom to let me buy some jean shorts. And I'm not sure how I'm gonna get my hands on some cheap white converse.
I just need to look decent for the first week. After that, I couldn't care less.
I have to do my hair too. I got cornrows before vacation and they are still tight on my skull. I'm not sure when I'm gonna get my hair done though. I want to get pick-and-drops but I'm not sure which kind. This is gonna be disgusting but since my cornrows are so tight, I can actually see the dandruff on my scalp. I can't believe I have this much in a matter of a few days. I want to wash my hair but I don't know how that'll work.
Okay so it's 4:06 PM. In my defense, my sister just came out of the shower. So yeah... that's enough for me. BYE.

No comments:
Post a Comment