Friday, August 24, 2012

Junior Year Is Going To Be FUUNN!

**Please note my sarcasm.


I just completed my first week of junior year and I'm done. I am DONE with school. GAAHH!
I knew junior year was gonna be hard but this is just ridiculous. Okay, so the classes haven't gotten hard per se. But the work is a LOT. Since I'm in the S&T program, we get to have our schedule changes earlier than everyone else so I went to the S&T office yesterday and officially switched from Genetics to AP Chem. I had my first AP Chem class today and yeah. It's not a lot of work, I guess. But it's going to pile up with the AP Calc and AP Physics homework I have to do.

And since I wasn't here all week, I have to somehow catch up with AP Chem this weekend, do my endless AP Calc homework, understand my AP Physics homework, get my creative juices going for AP Computer Graphics, do some English homework, and study for Spanish. Honestly, I'm not worried about English or Spanish actually. But on top of all that work, I need to do a power point for my mom's class.

GAAHHHH! I can't even rest this weekend. I think I'll just do most of everything on Saturday and just study on Sunday. I honestly don't know how I will plan this out.

The good about AP Chem is that the stuff we're "learning" right now is just review so I already know how to do all that stuff. Conversion, significant figures, blah blah blah. Easy stuff.

The biggest issue I have in all my classes is not being able to see. I lost my glasses when I had my bag stolen and for some reason, I sit towards the back in almost all my classes except for AP Calculus, Spanish, and World History so that sucks.

Have you noticed that LOTS of smart people wear glasses? Even if they don't wear glasses, they are most likely wearing contacts because when I was taking Genetics, the teacher asked who wore contacts and a whole bunch of people rose their hands. And if you consider the contact wearers and the glasses wearers in that class, it's pretty much about 60-70% of the class that have vision problems. I've known that before, I mean, stereotypes come from somewhere. But I think it's just funny how that works. I think it has something to do with Genetics. Maybe back in the cavemen times or something, the people who weren't that smart had to rely on their physical ability or something so they had to have really good vision in order to hunt and stuff. I don't know. Something like that.

Since I got switched out of Genetics and to AP Chem, I know have 6th lunch and I'm so much happier now. I was depressed earlier this week but I feel better today but not really but I'll go into that later. So I know WAY more people I actually like in 6th period so there's many places I can sit. I actually had more of an appetite and I bought lunch and ate my cheese sandwich but I didn't eat the kiwi. I felt witty and cool for the first time in awhile and yeah... Everything was better. I think I just a made a new friend too. :D

So I think I established this some months ago, when I was going through that Julius Caesar video project. And I concluded that I had stress-induced asthma (or something) after how much hell I went through trying to do that project. During and after doing the video, I got really sick and lost my appetite and that was really bad too. So considering that, I definitely think I got something after this week of school. Right now my head hurts and I'm just a bit short of breath. It started yesterday when I had my first Physics quiz and I was freaking out SO BAD the night before. I studied SO hard. And it paid off because I got a 100% on it. You don't know how happy I am right now about that.

Anyway, I was having a lot of anxiety and feelings so strong that they actually kind of hurt in a way. I think it was a mix of the work stress and other things but yeah... I had major sniffles yesterday and my phlegm is all yellowish and icky. I definitely got something but I can't afford to be sick. I really can't.

So in World History, we had this group project on religion we had to do. My group was doing Confucianism and at first, I thought I didn't like them because they got distracted really easily and I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't know anyone in that group. So last night, I decided to draw a picture of Confucius and the Confucianism symbol and give it to them and let them handle the whole project while I slept or something. I really didn't want to deal with them and I figured that by doing the drawings, I did my part.

So I gave them the Confucius drawing (which I made after midnight in the bad lighting of my bedroom with a lead pencil, pen, color pencils and markers running out of ink) the next day. It's funny because I didn't have a lot of materials to work with because I couldn't find my 60 or so pack of markers. And I didn't have a peach colored pencil/crayon/marker to color Confucius' skin so I made interlapping brown and yellow lines. In my bedroom at 1 AM in the morning, it looked fine. At 11 AM in the flourescent lights of a classroom, everything looked totally different. The interlapping lines looked stupid if you looked too closely. At least in my opinion.

Anyway, the people in my group and other groups liked it a lot. I came up with the idea of making our poster into a yin-yang symbol since that's the symbol I saw in our book. And this other boy in my group who I realized was in my AP Computer Graphics class, drew the circle and cut out the swirls. He actually did a lot so I commend him. The other people in my group... I don't know what to say.

Now that I'm writing this, I realized I also have World History homework to do. This is some scheisse.

Let me leave. I seriously need to lie down and chill out.

Did I tell you guys about my Samsung Galaxy S? Oh my gosh. I love him. His name's Brandon. I don't care about any iPhone. Brandon's my baby and he's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment