Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stupid F*cking Teachers.

I know. I used a curse word. My mind has been bursting with colorful language and so must my blog.

It's my blog and I can type what I want to.

I didn't want to put too much negativity into my last post so I decided to rant it out in another post on another day. I checked my grades for the quarter and it freakin' sucks.

Watch out. Angry black woman.
I got two As, three Bs, and a D. Fantastic, right?

The two As I got were in Organic Chemistry and AP Bio. Of course. I got a B in Stat and AP Lit. I'm okay with my B in Stat because I believe I deserved it to be honest. I only had one A on a test while the rest were Cs in Bs. I got a high B anyway which I can easily turn around third quarter. The B in AP Lit pissed the heck out of me though. I got an 82. I mean, I did get two Bs in my assessment grade. Okay, whatever. But then, she gave me a freakin' 64 on this journal writing we had to do on Candide.

Prior to seeing this 64, my teacher talked to the class about cheating. She said cheating was anything from giving answers to other classmates to looking up the answers on the internet. To be honest, yes, I did look on the internet to read up on Candide. But I don't remember writing anything word to word. I probably took ONE example if anything. She said that if you knew you cheated, you had the opportunity to come to her and fess up. Well me, thinking that I did nothing wrong, did not fess up to anything.

And now I have this blaring 64 on my school grading portal and I want to beat a white woman. I thought I liked her too and now I don't know what to think. Maybe it wasn't cheating... Maybe I did the assignment wrong. Maybe it was too short?! I don't know. Even if I had gotten a better grade on the assignment, I probably still would've had a B but I can redeem myself from an 85 or 86. Not an 82!

I sent her an e-mail regarding the grade and hopefully, it gets fixed or I get some explanation.

My D in RP should have angered me the most but it didn't. But it SHOULD have. The lady gave me a 0 on my Chapter 1s even though I turned them in and I also got a 0 on "plane instructions" which I SURE as heck turned in. I know she's one of those people that grades late so I'm giving her a chance to redeem herself and give me my correct grades. By Tuesday, if they're not fixed, I'm writing an e-mail!

Third quarter though, I really need to study. If I was being really honest to myself, I probably deserved a B in most, if not all of my classes. I can't remember actually studying for a test. I probably haven't truly studied for a test since 11th grade when I had physics and calculus. Now that I'm taking easy classes, I'm getting unacceptable Bs. I really should not have gotten a B in Stat especially because I understand most of the stuff and that annoys me so much.

I'm going to give Testudo in front of McKeldin a good rub on the nose and hope for a better semester. My mission is to be in the front at graduation with all the other 4.0-ers.

I think I'm going to put that goal in the beginning of this blog so that I'm reminded of it each time I get on here. That means I'll be spending more time at the library if possible. I want to end at least third quarter strong (because who am I kidding... fourth quarter is loaf quarter).

I'm so excited for college though. Last night, I stayed up until almost 4:00 in the morning searching up college stuff on this site called Niche. That site is great and I wish I had knew about it when I was looking for colleges to apply to. It gives in depth reviews on each college ranging from the college's academics to the attractiveness of the guys and girls that go there. I love it. I didn't know I would get accepted into all my safety colleges and now I wish I had cut down my safety choices to probably just Temple and Towson. Then my matches would've been Chapel Hill, UMD, and UMBC (or Penn State instead). My top schools would've been UPenn, Duke, and Harvard. It would've just been 8 schools. Not 15. And I'm so overwhelmed with schools that I realized I don't even want to go to.

These are my regrets but I can't do much about them. Right now, I'm waiting for my decision from UMD and UNC. If get into all of the schools, it would be UMD, UNC, Temple, Duke, and maybe UPenn that I would have to choose from.

I'm leaning close to UNC, Temple, and Duke but I can't make a set decision until I actually visit these schools.

... Well, that's enough. Bye guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment