Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Where The F*** Is My Money?

I got accepted into another school yesterday.

... Towson University.

They are the Towson Tigers! And if I was being very superficial about everything, I would say that I wouldn't mind going to this school because their school colors aren't bad and from the pictures, the campus doesn't look too bad either.

I've been to Towson before back when I used to do Black History competitions but I guess I didn't go to the SUPER SUPER nice part of it...? I dunno. If I'm basing this off my memory (it's been 6 years), I don't think the building was that spectacular on the inside but it was nice on the outside.

But I have the letters and jazz spread out in front of me and there's no freakin' money. No scholarship money, no link to find about about scholarship money. Just "PAY YOUR $300 ENROLLMENT FEE!!!"

*slams letters onto the ground* NO! WHERE THE F*** IS MY MONEY!!?!?!?

And apparently, if all materials aren't in by December 1, you are not eligible for scholarships...? I just found that out now. I mean, I sent in my application a long time before December 1 but my SAT scores definitely didn't get sent until later.

If I don't see the money, I'm not going to this school...

... I just watched this video on some White Student Union that organizes at Towson. Ha. Wow. I won't get into that. I'm just procrastinating right now. I should be doing a scholarship that's due on the 16th but nah.

So um. Yeah.... My Organic Chemistry mid-term was today and I probably failed. Yep. I most likely did. I mean, I tried to study. And honestly, I think I got everything that I studied. But everything else, the reactions basically, I most likely failed that shiz. And I've never been so annoyed with this teacher until this week.

He gave us a mid-term review sheet and "went over the answers" with us yesterday without actually giving us anything physical to look at. Most of the answers on the mid-term were figures we had to draw. But instead, he would be like, "1,1,2,2-dihalide-hydroxyl-pentanoid. Or some shiz. Okay, so that didn't bother me so much because for the most part, I know how how to convert names into figures but what did bother me was how he was giving us reactions that he never went over with us. I was so lost. Like SN1 and E2 and weak bases and nucleophiles?

Could you AT LEAST you give an example?

But his blubbery old self wouldn't dare.

And now I have mounts of homework in his class that I don't even know how to do. And on top of that, I have to make a certificate for my study and my first participant is tomorrow. I need to start on my greeting card scholarship. And I'm pretty sure my evil Stat teacher gave us homework. UGHHHH!

I'm going to continue to complain.

I walked so much today. I decided to catch a ride with a girl and I forgot that her building was all the way across from the campus from my building so I had to walk, in the RAIN, with my food in my hands all the way to my building. And if you know how large UMD is, you'll realize how distressing this journey was. She gave me a huge umbrella, God bless. And I was so happy about that. But on the other hand, I was on my period and I was getting the period cramps and my asthma was beginning to act up. And once I got to my building, I realized I didn't even bring a fork to eat my salad with so I had to leave the building once again to go take a fork from a shop nearby.

And when I got to my internship, I realized that the girl who also works with me was there already and UGHHH. I could've caught a ride with her and save all my energy. But whatever. I got the needed exercise from eating that cinnamon bun in the morning. And I got even more exercise when I walked ALL THE WAY HOME. I ended up missing my shuttle for who knows why and by the time I could catch the next bus, it would've been too dark and I would've gotten home faster by walking anyway so I did.

No regrets. I needed the exercise.

Okay I'll officially start everything at 10:00 PM. I pinky-promise to myself!

I didn't do this yesterday but I didn't eat that bad. Here's what I ate today. I guess I'll give a calorie estimate as well:

Breakfast:
- Cinnamon roll (I was going to drink a smoothie but my smoothie was frozen even though I left it out to thaw and so I had to get breakfast from school.) (230)
- Half a carton of orange juice (25)

Lunch:
- Salad w/ red peppers, cucumbers, olives, mozzarella cheese, and Italian dressing (300?)
- Tortilla w/ cheese (300)

Snack:
- Tea (50)
- Bread (200?)

Dinner:
- Yams and potatoes w/ spinach and chicken (500 calories?)

Total: 1605 calories

That's a lot more than I wanted but I guess I can calculate how much calories I burned from walking and it'll be less. Ideally, I don't want to eat anymore than 1400 calories. But I don't want to get too caught up in that. It seems like I drop pounds easily so if I stick to roughly 1400 calories a day, I could lose a lot of weight.

I'm about to break by 10:00 PM promise. I'll make it 10:10 PM. :3

I lost roughly 80 calories from walking to my building and 100 calories from walking home. So that's 180 calories in total. 1605-180 = 1425 calories!

And since I'm on my period and I heard that you burn more calories when you're on your period, I think I'm okay!

So as long as I don't binge from now until I go to bed, I'll be good for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment