Edit:
ALRIGHT. I'm gonna finish it!
So yeah. I've always vaguely known Panic! At The Disco. I rediscovered their song I Write Sins Not Tragedies like later in 2010. Probably like September or something. I loved that song. Except I over-abused that song and then I stopped listening to it as much. But I've been desperate for new bands to listen to so I decided to search up some more Panic! At The Disco because I loved the main dude's voice and I love I Write Sins Not Tragedies so, WHY NOT?
Here is I Write Sins Not Tragedies btw. I bet you recognize it from the radio. Back back in the day.
I think the song I searched up first was Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off. (Yes, that's the song title. I don't know what's up with P!ATD and long titles. But it's very interesting and unique. Except that I know that My Chemical Romance does the same thing.)
Here's Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off.
I can't say I fell in love with it at first. But it was catchy so I liked it a lot. Their lyrics are sometimes confusing but very intriguing. They use harder vocabulary. Not like the mainstream chizz I always here.
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh OH MY GOSH!
Like seriously? And these "singers" have the audacity to call themselves artists. BAH HUM BUG!
As I was saying, it's like they tell stories with their songs. Like in But It's Better If You Do. I think he's talking about finding love in a strip club or whatever. But it sounds so sophisticated and he tells it like it is. Or maybe not. He puts a twist to it. He's at a strip club and he doesn't actually wanna be there. Ha ha. Because seriously, most songs talk about the same freaking thing. Only it's a slightly different beat and an exchange of words.
It also helps that the lead singer has some nice lips. Right now, I just watched the But It's Better If You Do video because I never thought to actually watch it all this time I've been listening to it. He looks really nice in the video. I've seen a few of the P!ATD videos and interviews so I knew Brendon Urie (the lead singer) was NOT ugly. The guitarist (can't remember his name but he dropped out) his not ugly either.
And when I say not ugly. I mean cute. Just saying.
| Brendon Urie is the one on the right. |
| This is. I mean WAS the guitarist. His name is Ryan Ross. Yes. |
How about a shot of the whole band now?
It totally sucks that they're not all together. But I hear that they're releasing a new album soon. That's cool... I guess.
You know what else I like about them? They're not straight up emo screamo rock music. They have piano and other chiz. The music sounds like a mix of rock and jazz and show tunes at the same time. Sometimes they sound a little techno. I like techno.
Is that all?
I guess I can give you a list of their songs that are rockin' me at the moment. AND links. Gosh. I'm so generous.
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Do Without Taking Her Clothes Off
But It's Better If You Do
Build God, Then We'll Talk
Time To Dance (The beginning of this song is epic.)
There's A Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet (Awesome song btw.)
Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage
And how about a video of But It's Better If You Do.
No comments:
Post a Comment