Monday, August 19, 2013

A Meh Kind of First Day

So yeah... Today was the last first day of high school.

It was so meh though. That's the best I can describe it.

I'm trying to write this as soon as possible but I'm not really in the mindset to type. I'll try.

So the day began with me taking a shower. I dressed up and got my mom to help me fix my hair. I quickly did my makeup and left the house. The bus was supposed to come 7:44 AM and I got out of the house 7:40 AM. What a bad way to start a school day. Luckily, the bus was late too.

Well, I happened to be the only senior on the bus I rode. It was soo sad. And then, my bus passed the senior parking lot as we approached the school and it made the situation even sadder. I saw the senior cars pull in and I imagined them all coming out of their cars, waving each other, and walking into the school with wind in their hair because of how cool they are. It was the worst.

My friends and I were supposed to meet up at the steps but we were mostly all late and so I didn't get to do that. I actually didn't see any of my friends until after administrative homeroom (which is where we got our schedules). It was probably one of the least annoying administrative homerooms I've ever had though. But we were in there for a good 40 minutes and I wanted to just leave. We got our schedules from there and mines was just as crappy as it was before. So now I'll proceed to describe my day by breaking it into each period.

1st Period

My first period was AP Bio. I didn't have any big first impression of it when I walked in except that there were a BUNCH of girls in that class. I'm sure most of the kids were Science and Tech kids. Many of them I had classes with before but never really talked to. But LUCKILY, my friends from middle school were in that class and are sitting right next to me.

The teacher seems like a chill and reasonable teacher. I have absolutely NO qualms with her. I think I'm gonna have a good time in AP Biology actually. The subject already interests me. So really, I have no problems with it. One problem that I may have actually is the fact that it is in the morning. And in Computer Graphics, I barely did anything in that class because I usually did all my graphic work at home. I hope I can manage.

2nd Period

My second period was my RP Biology class. I really like the teacher. He's very cool, sarcastic, maybe a little snobby, but funny nevertheless. He reminds me of my 8th grade U.S. History teacher. Especially when he said that he gets angry easily which is exactly how my 8th grade U.S. History teacher was but he was also very cool at the same time. But I won't be having his class because of my internship.

He collected my portfolio and logbook that I had been working on for the summer and basically described the class. None of it really applied to me. The kids in the class were Science and Tech students. Only a few (like two) that I talked to. But this is gonna be in the case with all my classes once my schedule gets changed tomorrow.

3rd Period

This was lunch. I was blessed to have two friends to sit with and eat with among other friends. It's sad that I'm gonna be leaving them tomorrow. I was not hungry at all but I bought a Rice Krispy for later. There's not much I can say about this lunch. All my peeps were not there. My entire group of friends were split up with most of them actually being in 4th lunch. :'(

4th Period

This period was the dreaded Team Sports. The gym was all dark and gloomy with a majority of the kids that were sitting on the benches being underclassmen and/or ghetto. I disliked it already. I sat on the bench on the side of the teacher I was supposed to have. Luckily, another girl who I knew was in Science and Tech sat beside me and we found out that we were in the same situation... We were not supposed to have Team Sports. So we just talked for the rest of the time about how we were gonna fix this situation and other things. I told her that she can easily have her schedule fixed because she was in Science and Tech. (S/T PRIVILEGES!) Other kids had to wait two weeks for schedule changes.

We tried to get the Team Sports teacher to let us out in the middle of the class but he wouldn't let us. Saying that we couldn't  get it fixed anyway until two weeks from now. I wanted to mention that we were Science and Tech kids but I didn't. I just bore through the class longer. And then all of a sudden, the teacher was like, "Tomorrow, bring your sneakers because we're gonna do a bunch of fitness tests and measure weights and blah blah blah" and I was like, "Heck. No." I did not even sign up for this.

The teacher thinks he's gonna see me tomorrow. Ha. No. If I didn't get my schedule changed, I would've just skipped the class, went to lunch, and find my peeps.

5th Period

I had AP Literature this period and it was FILLED with Science and Tech kids who I didn't talk to but who all knew each other for years and probably would never talk to me ever. Luckily, God blessed me with one friend in there but sadly, I'm going to have to leave her tomorrow.

The teacher wasn't actually there. In fact, she wasn't gonna be there all week until next Monday. We had a substitute and we were given work to do in some poetry book. It was hard to concentrate on it because of all the talking and because you know, it was the first day. Ain't nobody's mind in tune fo dat.

The Guy's girlfriend happened to sit right next to me. Actually, it was right next to the seat behind me. But it was so close anyway. She's actually perfect. I never had a class with her in my life. But being next to her confirmed her perfectness. She sits with her back straight. She perfectly wears blouses tucked into perfectly fitted skinny jeans with Sperry's. She's small and pretty. God, I couldn't handle her presence. Oh and the great thing is that she sat right next to me in AP Physics as well. It was amazing. I hope you're sensing the sarcasm here.

Honestly, she seems very sweet. She's obviously a total nerd though. And maybe if I was gonna continue to have those classes, I may have talked to her a few times. But oh well.

6th Period 

This period was Genetics. The class and teacher was the same ones I had for AP Biology. But when I walked in, I saw my closest friend sitting right in the front with an empty seat right next to her. I was beaming, obviously. This was the first class we had EVER had together. Too bad it only lasted for a day.

Before coming into the class, I was feeling meh about Genetics. I wasn't too thrilled to take it. I don't really like the teacher's room. There's something about the way it's put together that gives me brain farts. It's funny because I had this class the same period last year before I dropped it for AP Chem.

Anyway, once the class began, I felt more drawn to taking the class. Like, I actually kind of wish I was taking it now. It seems really interesting and my CLOSEST FRIEND would be in it with me. Wahhhh. Why can't I just have all the nice things?!

The teacher gave the exact same speech she gave in AP Biology so the jokes weren't so funny anymore. I just wanted the class to end.

7th Period

This was AP Statistics. And I'm actually REALLY excited to have this class. It's a mostly Science and Tech class. Like everyone is in this class. The Guy's girlfriend. The smartest kid in Science and Tech. And everyone else I've ever had math class with. But that's not why I'm excited to have this class. Actually, this is what makes me slightly loathe the class because I'm sure I'll hate mostly everyone. But what (or who) I actually love is the teacher. He is amazing. (I swear, all the math teachers have a coolness about them no matter how much I may dislike their class.)

I won't have his class that period. It'll be moved to be second period tomorrow. But I'm excited! First, Statistics will be nothing like Calculus. And I'd rather have him second period anyway, I think.

8th Period

This class was AP Physics C. I wasn't even supposed to have this class and again, all the Science and Tech kids were in here and therefore, I hated 99% of them and talked to none of them. I'm SO glad I won't have this class. But I actually don't loathe it. I like the teacher. But not people in the class. I told her I wasn't gonna have the class but I was still given a book and I may have homework to do as well. Or not. Nah. I'm not doing homework for that class.




So yeah... At the end of the day, I went to the RP Coordinator to get my schedule fixed. And since I had a bus to ride, she said I could just pick up my new schedule tomorrow morning.

Well, if I had known my bus would be like more than 15 minutes late, I would've just stayed. And the most annoying this is that my bus was majority underclassmen and a majority of them being freshmen. After labor day, luckily, I will only be riding this bus 1 out of 5 days of the week. Maybe even less than that because of NHS meetings on Mondays. I'll just have to deal with the morning bus situation.

So that's a review of my day. As you can see, it was a meh first day of school for me. And now I just wanna read a few articles on Cracked and take a nap. I have Stat homework to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment