Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting Back Into The Routine.

It's only the second day of school and it feels like the second month despite changing my schedule from the one I had yesterday.

I'm actually very content with the classes I have now. I like all my teachers except I haven't met my AP Literature teacher yet. But of the ones I've met, they're all amusing and seem like they'll make the class funner and easier to learn. I also like all the subjects I'm taking. Particularly Biology and Statistics.

Last of all, I have at least one or two good friends or people I can talk to in all of my classes. And I'm not in classes with extremely annoying people either. I think I got it really good.

My only qualms are that I have to stay in one period for three periods which was okay in the beginning. But after we finished reading, completing riddles and then, creating our own paper gingermen, I was SO bored and it didn't help that there was absolutely no Wi-Fi in the classroom. I have two good friends I can talk to including this one girl I had just met in the lunch room. She had no one to talk to so I offered to be that friend.

I have no idea how I'm gonna make it tomorrow though. It's just soo boring.

Anyway, I feel like I can begin wearing sweats and shiz now. (Not that I have before, but basically I mean I can start coming to school in whatever crap I feel like). I can't believe I was so preoccupied with having new clothes for the first week of school when it seemed like everyone was already wearing clothes from last year. Starting next week, the old outfits begin. I'm glad I'm in classes with mostly un-superficial people.

I really don't have much to say but I'm starting to look forward to my internship more and more. That means I don't have to wait in the beating sun for 20 minutes just to get onto a bus filled with underclassmen. Ugh. I feel a little embarrassed when the bus comes around and I have to get in line with all the other nerdy freshman and sophomores. I'd rather pay to take the bus home.

So the homework has been really easy so far. I've actually only had Stat homework and it's been easy stuff like defining vocabulary words. And today, we made a box plot. It was too easy.

I did have two quizzes today. One in Stat and one in Organic Chem. Both unprepared for. I would've gotten a 100% on my Stat quiz if I hadn't listened to some girl that sat next to me who I thought was really smart. I was actually gonna change two answers but I listened to my own judgement. But still... That irks me a bit. And in Organic Chem, we had a pop quiz on concepts we are supposed to know from chemistry like orbitals and VSEPR theory and shiz that I didn't bother to know back in AP Chem. I guess I have to know them now...

So it's another day in the old school building tomorrow.

The lockers are in and they're like a cornflower blue. I don't think it really matches our school but who am I to protest... At least I'm getting a locker. I don't actually have a lot of stuff to carry like other people do and all my classes are on the first and second floor rather than the bottom floor where my locker would actually be. So... yeah... The lockers aren't gonna change my life or anything.

I'm gonna go on Cracked and probably watch YouTube videos for the rest of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment