Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Guess I'm A Sophomore Again.

Yeah, someone thought I was a sophomore. How humiliating...

Actually, it isn't very humiliating anymore. Just shocking. I've been on this earth too long to be perceived as merely a sophomore.

But whatever... I've been working on fixing my college essays since I turned on this computer. Actually no. Because I kind of went on a few other websites beforehand. But basically, the point is that I haven't done any actual homework and it's after midnight. Typical day in the life of me. Fortunately, I only had to read a few chapters of Candide and do Stat homework.

Get it?
I am planning on submitting my first application tomorrow to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Their deadline was supposed to be tomorrow but the changed it to October 21 (along with Georgia Tech). These two schools happen to be one of the most popular schools that Science and Tech kids at my school are applying too because it was on Facebook and everything. I think the popularity of the schools is what caused the Common App to malfunction and that's why we're getting the extended deadlines. Funny...

I didn't use my four free SAT score things because I was not taking the risk. I'm gonna SuperScore my shiz if I have to even if I do have to spend an extra $44 or so. Maybe I can pick me up some fee waivers or something.

My essays are sounding stupid. But I'm going to send them in anyway. Hopefully, the admissions officers will think they're so charming or whatever despite how stupid they sound.

Hmm... What else... What else... I thought I had some good stuff to type but I guess not. It's all the same issues though. College... college... college...

I left my ID somewhere. Either on the bus or at the bus stop and that infuriates me on the inside but I'm being really chill about it. It's the perfect time to lose my ID too. Especially because on Wednesday, my school is proctoring the PSAT and seniors are gonna be in the auditorium doing chiz for the entire day so I need the ID to get out and go to my internship.

Ugh. I'm gonna have to go buy an ID tomorrow. AGH! I'm trying hard to save money to pay off my book fines and look at what I've caused.

ANYWAY, tomorrow, I'll make it a point to stay on campus and finish work. I'll start my UMD essay and get some sources for my Research Practicum autobiography. That would be my goals. I still haven't finalized what schools I'll be applying to. So that would be my other task to complete for tomorrow.

Right now, my eyes are set on UNC, Boston University, and of course, I'm applying to UMD. I'll also apply to Fordham but since I'm getting a fee waiver, I kind of exclude it from my list of colleges. I need to make my mind up about which Ivy League I'll apply to but I think I'm settling on Columbia and Brown. I'm also thinking about applying to UMBC as my safety school. But I'm going to have to apply to Johns Hopkins to make my dad happy. See how frustrating this is?

So I mentioned this awhile ago but my goal is to exceed the amount of posts I wrote in 2011 which was 207. I completely failed in 2012 with only 141. This year, the aim is 210 but more is better. So I'm going to try hard to post every day until the end of 2013. I won't promise that I will post everyday because I know that's impossible. But I'm going to try and do as much as I can.

Now I'm getting headaches from cockroach spray.

For the rest of the night, I'm going to do some chill web-surfing, double-check my Common App, put in my essays, and finish homework. I'll probably go to bed reading one of the many college essay books I have from the library. Or I'll read some pages from In Cold Blood.

That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment