Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shut Up, Shut Up, Shut Up... Sit Up, Sit Up, Sit Up...


Nausea is the worst feeling you could feel ever. I just had a sudden wave of nausea, like out of nowhere. And now I feel all icky.

So the good news is that I sent in my first college application for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. But now I have all these regrets. I could've mentioned something about my graphic art or I could've mentioned my family circumstances and how my parents support peeps in Nigeria. Gah. I would really like to go to that school. And after doing the financial aid calculator for the school, I want to go there even more. It was actually too good to be true with a net price of a little over $3000. That's insane.

Woe is me. Woe is me. Woe is me.

I'm just crossing my fingers and praying to God that I get in and get a nice financial package as well.

Another good news is that I'm eligible for application fee waivers so the amount of schools that I can apply to is virtually limitless. Which is a good thing because my dad started mentioning a bunch of colleges I could apply to. He mentioned Morgan State which was a "Hell no." But then he mentioned Towson and I was like meh. I'll most likely apply there because the possibility of me getting a good financial aid package is pretty high. And I'll also apply to the University of Maryland: Baltimore County.

My parents are beginning to become realistic about college and that makes me happier. I feel like I have some more burdens taken off of me.

My friend introduced me to this amazing song by Capital Cities called Kangaroo Court. I actually really like their song Safe and Sound and even though it is overplayed EVERYWHERE, I cannot deny that I can still groove to it. So I decided that it would be a good idea to check out Kangaroo Court and there was no regrets. The song is amazing and the music video... It's just great.

I'm surprised with myself because I usually don't get into current mainstream artists, though there are definitely exceptions But I will definitely be looking more into Capital Cities. And since my friend loves them, hopefully we'll get to go to one of their concerts together.

Speaking of music... I completely do not understand why people enjoy listening to straight up vulgar and disgusting songs. There's this girl that I and my comrade carpool with sometimes and she sometimes plays the most sickening music. I'm not hip to all the gross rap artists of today but I could definitely recognize Lil' Wayne among the several nasty rap artists. The lyrics were all about booty bouncing and pussy and f***ing the haters. I just could not even.

My comrade expressed the same distaste for her music once we left the car. She said that she doesn't wanna say anything about it because it is the girl's car and she was offering to drive us. I agreed. But you would think that the girl would at least keep the vulgar songs to a bare minimum, just out of respect for everyone else in the car.

I don't know... I won't say much about it. I forgot to pay her today for the parking ticket so I feel bad about that. But I'll definitely do it tomorrow.

Since I lost my ID, I had to fake my way on the shuttle. I pretended to look for my I.D. when the bus driver (the really cute one) asked for it. And then, I was like, "I forgot it." And then he gave me this cute smile and nodded his head. And I wanted to die.

I can't ride that bus anymore. I really can't.

So I haven't started any homework yet and I need to make lunch for tomorrow. I want to make something really good this time. I gotta goooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment